[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm thinking about feeding my cat raw food. Does anyone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: randomcat.jpg (4KB, 189x118px) Image search: [Google]
randomcat.jpg
4KB, 189x118px
I'm thinking about feeding my cat raw food. Does anyone here do this? If so how do you do it? What's your method? Do you add supplements?What are they? If you don't do raw what do you feed your cat?
>>
no but I want to! I'm planning on buying a good meat grinder ($200+) and grinding up bone-in meats and organs. I'm going to do large batches, freeze it in ice cube trays and then feed them in my bathtub so they don't drag raw meat all over my carpeted apartment.

catinfo.org has great information on cat diets.

I feed wet canned food, the cheapest grain-free stuff I can find because I'm poor.
>>
>>2256531
Raw food is fine as long as you douse it in antifreeze before you feed. It helps them digest it.
>>
>>2256544
Thanks for replying.
Feeding inthe bathtub is a good idea.
>>
>>2256531

It's a cat. wtf is the point.

Just be like every other shit owner and let your cat outside.
>>
File: chicken.jpg (600KB, 1024x2216px) Image search: [Google]
chicken.jpg
600KB, 1024x2216px
>>2256544
Don't grind the bones.

Cats instinctively know how to pick meat from bones

But if you crush chicken bones, you can create sharp slivers that they will accidentally swallow, and can puncture their digestive tract
>>
>>2256642
from my research, it seemed like fine-ground bones were the best.

grinding it all just seemed easier since a) not all kitties are going to instinctively eat the bones b) my kitties are already used to ground up food and c) it's easier to grind everything than figure out the right ratio of organ meats, supplements, bone, and muscle meat..
>>
I feed raw. Make sure to include organ meat or else you'll cause malnourishment, especially in kittens. My cats primarily get beef. They get muscle meat, heart, liver, spleen and kidney. On occasion, they get other sources of meat than beef, but I prefer to feed beef since it's cheap and has less bacteria problems than poultry. Stay away from pork. Cats can get sick from raw pork. Also, grinding their food makes more surface area for bacteria. Get away from ground meats as quickly as possible. Get your cat accustomed to chewing, ripping and gnawing chunks and slices as soon as possible. You'll also be increasing their dental health by making them have to chew their food.
>>
Is it cruel to let my cat in the same room as a feeder mouse and let him have a good time at it? More as a treat than an actual source of meals.
>>
I forgot to say, if you feed raw, your freezer is the best thing on earth. It's best to buy one of each organ and several packs of muscle meat. Chop it all up and put some of each in to freezer bags. Each freezer bag should hold about 3 to 4 days worth of meals and each meal should consist of between 10% and 40% total combined organ meats depending on the age of the cat. Kittens need more and as cats get older, they need less organ meats. If you go with beef for your cats, you'll be looking at heart, liver, spleen, kidney + 10 to 45 lbs of muscle meat (roasts or whatever is cheap). Since I have a kitten in the house, I buy the organs and 10lbs of muscle meat once per month and spend a day chopping and freezing. The cats also get a delicious bowl of blood while I'm working. So to feed 2 cats, I'm spending between $30 to $45 a month depending on how fast the kitten packs away food. He's a little monster and he's growing like a weed.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.