[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

God, fucking damn it! He's 5 months old and we've been

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

File: 1408543297950-559d0048a8f5a.png (29KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1408543297950-559d0048a8f5a.png
29KB, 633x758px
God, fucking damn it! He's 5 months old and we've been consistent in letting out regularly to piss and shit and he's always got chances to but he still fucking pisses and shits on the floor with no warning. He even pees in his crate still!
I can't handle it anymore, he's got one more month. I love him to death but I'm not putting up with this shit for much longer.
I've heard of dogs getting basically pottytrained in weeks, why the goddamn hell is it so hard for him?
I want to enjoy my dog but I literally can not even let him in the house. If he's inside he's on a leash attached to something and he absolutely can not sleep anywhere but a crate, because he can not be trusted at all to not go inside.

I'm getting desperate, but he's got a month or I'm giving him away.
>>
>>2255896
Make him an outside dog. He'll be so used to peeing and shitting outside that he won't do it inside anymore. Do it for a few weeks, maybe a month and then bring him back in.
>>
>>2255896

Just keep at it. Maybe make a bigger deal put of it when he goes outside. I know it's frustrating, but he'll get there eventually.
>>
>>2255896
What breed is your dog and how frequently are you taking him out? And is he actually doing anything when he's outside?
>>
>>2255896
At least it's not a worthless nasty cat who will shit in a box in your house forever
>>
>>2255901
He's a purebred English Shepherd.

I let him out first thing in the morning, after eating for 15-20 minutes, anytime after coming home when he was in the crate, and every hour when I'm not working and at home with him.
He gets plenty of regular chances, but for example earlier tonight, I let him out as soon as I came home from work, and he peed immediately, left him for a while to poop. He didn't. Then fed him is food and let him out. After letting him back in he left an enormous disgusting and even wet shit right on the kitchen floor, with no warning whatsoever. He didn't even try to signal he needed to go back out.
>>
>>2255896
Do the outside dog thing. It worked for me. Mine never shits or pees inside.
>>
I breed and train several varieties of dogs from chihuahuas to mastiff mixes.

1st Rule.
You are the boss. ANY thing including "huffs" sighs, snorts, ANY disobedience should met with aggressive dominance. Force them down, cover their nose and growl.

2nd Rule.
Never back down.
If they're outside to potty and you've trained the word you want to use for that and they refuse, they stay outside without food or water until they have finished the command.

If you haven't trained commands and they're not listening, and if you haven't established and continued to maintain yourself as the alpha, they will do whatever they what.

This technique even works on cats. I tried it as an experiment and was actually surprised.

On a side note I suggest reinforcing the commands with a clicker or snapping your fingers.

I've never needed training collars, or shock collars and this has worked on several dogs I've rehabilitated for others both young and old dogs alike.
>>
>>2255915
Bait.
>>
>>2255907
Anon dogs and cats are both useless and make your house stink. Anyway nice to see you in multiple threads. Still going on. I wish had someone to pay all my bills and feed me. Guess we all can't be children forever.
>>
>dogcucks have to deal with their dogs pissing and shitting on the floor forever
jej
>>
File: IMG_2911.jpg (2MB, 1936x2592px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2911.jpg
2MB, 1936x2592px
>>2255896
fuck. my old dog he is 14, that son of a bitch I can take him last time to go out at 11pm, and he sleeps till 9 or 10am next day no problems.

the other dog is just an asshole, piss anywhere he feels like doing it. what a goddamn asshole.

shit even my bunny can be left alone in the house and he will get down of the bed to go pee in his cage and then go back on top of the bed if he feels cold.

it's not about age, its about certain pets just being assholes. btw my bunny was 1week when I got him. clean since he could walk.

get down of the table, you are not a decoration, or is he?
>>
>>2255966
forgot to add, if he feels like going out early for whatever reason, he will even wake me up. be stading aroun the head of my bed and doing a lil growl. till I wake up.
the only time he has pee or shit in my room, was when he was sick as fuck. and basically lost consicious after shitting.
>>
>>2255896
>crating your dog and being surprised he has behavioral problems

Every crated dog I've ever met has some pretty bad behavioral issues.
>>
>>2255973

Yeah? Well every non crated dog I ever met has some pretty bad behavioral issues.
>>
>>2255973
Literally every non crated dog I've met has had behavioral issues.
Many were disorient and didn't follow commands and basically just acted like they owned the place.
Crated dogs know their place and follow commands better.

Crating has changed my life and I'll never look back as long as I own pets.
>>
Is he a small breed dog?
If so, then that's a common problem. Many toy breeds cannot hold their bowls for long at all and as a result many frequently have accidents and cannot be completely housetrained (unless you count using puppy pads as housetrained).
>>
>>2255979
Yes and crated dogs are the bigger percentage here
>>
>>2256166
False. Caging means you're lazy and either don't have enough money to train or refuse to train yourself. There's a reason caged dogs are more likely to maul someone.
>>
>>2255912
>I let him out
>left him for a while
walk him. he doesn't really understand the difference between your yard and inside your house. praise him when he goes and don't bring him back inside until he does all his business.
>>
my aunt thinks it's cruel to cage her dogs, but they tear up the house, so she pays someone $35/day to cage them for her while she's at work
>>
>>2256198

Wow you are a moron. Crates are good as a training tool and also a transportation or housing option when you aren't available to monitor your pet.

I don't agree with shoving your pet into a crate whenever it isn't convenient for you. That is plain laziness but so is 'just leave them outside.' in my opinion.
>>
>>2256231
Typical cager "argument"
>>
>>2256232

it's a good argument, you're just dumb and lazy
>>
>>2256231
go live in a cage, you asshole.
>>
>>2256232
>>2256243

Loving these (You)s, so I will respond.

My dog does not 'live in a cage'. I got her at 3 months old, she slept on my bed and I walked her 3 times a day. Things were great for a while until she started eliminating in the house like clockwork and also chewing on things like books, wires, etc.

I have a breed of dog which is supposedly more difficult to housetrain than others (dachshund). So after trying a few different methods ended up on crate training.

A basic routine combined with the crate and lots of praise and love when she was successful essentially eliminated the need for a crate at all. However, I am thankful that when I need to travel with her or leave her with friends and family, she can be calm, relaxed, and safe in her space.

So rather than thinking its cruel to 'cage' your animals and end up like this lady >>2256215 and just have someone else do it for you (and pay for it too), take the time and put in the effort yourself to train your animal.

And I'm not saying it's the perfect solution, but in my experience it does more good than harm when properly implemented.
>>
>>2256210
OP, your dog could have any number of issues but I think this is the most logical suggestion here.

how much exercise per day are you giving him?

also
>faggots arguing about crating
>anti-crate anon intentionally misunderstanding what proper use of a crate is
>pro-crate anons not realizing how retarded anti-crate fags are

protip: crates are training tools that become unnecessary after the dogs become used to the routine. they are not supposed to be used to "put away" a dog when he becomes inconvenient.

the crate is supposed to be a comfy space. it isn't supposed to be bare. my dog's crate has a comfy pillow inside and a blanket covering it entirely except the front, to make it cozy.

you use the crate when you are housetraining the puppy and getting him used to home living. he sleeps in the crate at night and he naps in the crate. when he's outside of the crate, he's eating or playing or out for a walk. if you have a very young puppy, it's used to keep it safe while you're at work--he can't chew on any wires or hurt himself while he's confined. it isn't used as a punishment or to keep your own shit safe.

when he's housetrained and used to the home routine, he can start being allowed to wander the house freely. the dog's crate door is left open and he can go in and out when he likes. and they like it, because it's their own safe, comfy space.

there are people who think crate training is "leave your dog in a box all day until its eyeballs are floating because it has to piss so bad" or "leave your dog in a box all day because you can't be bothered to teach him not to jump on strangers or because you don't want him next to you" and these people are shit. but that isn't crate training, it's abuse.
>>
>>2255896
My current dog was pretty much house trained within a week, sometimes we'll still have accidents at night but those are bound to happen, she's only a pup. She now stands near the door when she needs to go.

They will stop peeing when you pick them up, when you catch him in the act inside don't get mad or yell at him, just pick him up and place him in his designated "okay to pee here" spot and praise him as enthusiastically as you can muster for going where you want him to. Dogs are creatures of habit, and they learn from repetition and reinforcement. I've had many dogs and have had few issues with house training. Please be patient with him OP.
>>
File: playpen.jpg (68KB, 500x371px) Image search: [Google]
playpen.jpg
68KB, 500x371px
>>2256273
Me again. One thing I believe that has helped me with house training my dogs is that their "bedroom" is conveniently located in a very small utility room we have at the back of the house that leads to the back yard. Its surface area makes it very easy to cover with newspaper or training pads at night for easy clean up if accidents do happen.

You can achieve a similar effect by either crate training him adequately, or setting up a training pen/play pen as a designated sleeping area so that he can't just "go" anywhere when you aren't always supervising him. After a while you won't need the newspapers, the only time I ever experienced an accident after those first few months was if my dog was ill and couldn't hold it, which is very understandable and it only ever happened on occasion.

The dog doesn't by default know or understand that there are favourable places to do his business and less favourable places. You have to teach him. He will modify his behaviour in response.

I've never crate trained my dogs and have never experienced any behavioural issues, just set good boundaries.

Once the dog can hold its bladder long enough through the night and has mellowed out I let them sleep in my room at night for maximum comfiness.
>>
It took me two years to house train my dog. He was dumb as a box of rocks. My other dog was house trained by four months. Don't give up anon. You'll get there.

I suggest you accompany him outside, wait until he does his business, as soon as he starts give him a verbal cue, and when he finishes give him praises and maybe a treat. But if he just follows you around the yard hoping for the treat he knows you have in your pocket rather than toileting, don't take treats out.

After a while, you should be able to give the verbal cue and the dog will toilet on command.

Accompanying them out sucks balls in bad weather, I know, but you usually have to do it in the beginning so they can learn what you expect.

Also, pay attention to his poop schedule. Dogs will often fall into the habit of pooping at certain times of day because they digest food at a certain rate. Like Dog 1 I talked about will poop in the morning and sometimes the evening. Dog 2 only ever poops in the mornings, and he almost always goes after Dog 1 has been. I've got it coordinated so they poop while we're out on our walk, and they aren't fouling up my yard.
>>
my fucking shitbull puppy was housebroken in 3 days, some dogs just suck at it
>>
>>2256344
PS I had him crated pretty much 24/7 though until he learned he had to eliminate outside
>>
>>2255920
Not bait. Have a dog I'm rehibilitating right now, let out side to poop and he wouldn't. Would just stare at me. Spent 6 or 7 minutes lead training then would stop and issue the potty command. If he didn't go then we'd do another round of lead training. Half hour later he kept pace with me always on my right side and when done he pooped on command.

I hate it when people.get on here and whine about dogs that don't somehow understand English or that they have to shit outside and should just know.

They're like kids, and you didn't just figure out one day not to shit your own pants, you were taught to use the toilet.

Do something about your problem or stop fucking talking about it.

And crate training works, but if you don't socialize dogs that are crate trained they become fearful and or over agressive around others.
>>
>>2255912
Do not bring him back in until he has pooped (unless obviously he only pooped like an hour ago he probably won't go again)
I got my puppy on a Friday when he was 10 weeks old and by the following Sunday he stopped having accidents- he had maybe like 6 accidents EVER and has never been in a crate. i believe that's because we were very consistent, i refused to let him back in the house until he had done his business and when he did do something, I praised him like it was the greatest thing I had ever seen.

Do you clean his mess with one of those odor neutralizer sprays? I think Nature's Miracle, for example. I used that whenever my dog had an accident as well and i guess it helped.
>>
>>2256344
>shitbull

At least you acknowledge you have a terrible dog.
>>
>>2256233
It's not you cager. You're just lazy and dumb. That's why you put it in a cage.
>>
>>2256670
Typical degenerate argument
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.