[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

On walks, if your dog.... >does not walk in a perfect heel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

File: train_offleash-hd.jpg (119KB, 615x290px) Image search: [Google]
train_offleash-hd.jpg
119KB, 615x290px
On walks, if your dog....

>does not walk in a perfect heel
>marks
>sniffs
>reacts to small animals
>wants to greet other dogs
>does not immediately respond to its name

Then you should rehome your dog. You cannot handle one.
>>
>>2254751
1/10 OP, you have to be more subtle. Trolling is still a art.
>>
>>2254751
awful bait. you're not very good at this.
>>
>>2254759
>>2254763
>I am upset because I cannot train dogs, so I will it bait. That will work.
>>
>>2254767
>He's still trying
Just give it up bro, /an/ is by far the easiest board to troll, and you couldn't even handle that. Just hang it up and kill yourself
>>
>>2254767
still bait
>>
>>2254767
If you can't see that OP is being ridiculous and probably baiting then your posts are just as cancerous as any other troll.
>>
>>2254774
I dunno, /po/ still gets riled up when you ask them what kind of glue they use. Maybe start there and work your way up to /an/, OP
>>
>>2254774
>>2254777
>still upset
I cannot tell you how much people like you piss me off while I am walking my dog. He is well behavdd and obedient, but then I see some retard letting his dogs sniff all the time, run ahead of him. More people who let their dogs piss on everything. Other people whose dogs get excited around mine and want to play.

People cannot train dogs. You shouldn't own a dog if you cannot train it. Period.
>>
>>2254783
I've trained my dog very well and I still think your post is bait.
>>
>>2254751
People shouldn't own dogs at all. They're a mauling waiting to happen. Even if your dog is wel trained.
>>
>>2254751
loose leash walking by the owner's side and heeling are two different behaviors. heeling for the entire walk would be ridiculous.
>>
>>2254796
More bait
Considering the quality it's probably the same fisherman
>>
Past a certain point is it just better that people get robots that seem like biological pets but aren't?

The amount of control a person expects from a pet just strikes me as odd.
>>
>>2254801
>The amount of control a person expects from a pet just strikes me as odd.
That's the point, OP is not being realistic at all. His expectations are only met in a perfect world. I don't think it's out of the question to expect a reasonable level of control out of a dog that is supposedly leash trained however.
>>
>>2254802
agreed. no dog is going to be perfectly well behaved 100% of the time.

should people who are in the (often very long) process of training their dogs just rehome them because they don't meet OP's expectations?
>>
>>2254783
My dogs sniff and mark. I obviously can't handle them, even though I can recall them from afar by name, they do nothing to small animals except look, they don't greet other dogs, and they do a perfect heel if I ask for it. But usually all I ask for is a loose leash. And I once wandered around with them off leash for 8 months without incident and only had to start leashing them up again after a passing animal control officer told me off. Obviously they need to be rehomed.

Of course, I couldn't rehome the one because it'd be like: "Here, I've got a dog for you! By the way, all his medication costs $100 a week, you've got to feed him X specific food for X specific reason or he will die horribly shitting and vomiting blood. Also you have to import this medication, and this one, he has a pain shot every third month, and hydrotherapy on the first Saturday at the place in town. Good luck and godspeed."
>>
>>2254751
kek. I take my dog out for a walk every night, and she leads the way. I don't need to go for a stroll at 11 every night - that's her time. If she wants to sniff, she sniffs. Obviously I keep her out of places she shouldn't be, but otherwise it's up to her.
>>
>>2254800
Truth hurts doesn't it?
>>
>>2254818
>truth
Keep fishing
>>
>>2254783
Excuse me for letting my dog actually enjoy his walks instead of leading him on a tour of all the cool things he's not allowed to sniff or play with.
>>
>>2254828
Hey m8 just spitting some truth
>>
>>2254849
>hey m8 just shitposting
Ftfy
>>
>>2254774
I don't even have a dog I just wanted to tell you how bad of a failure you are
>>
i use a flexi leash

come at me
>>
I disagree. Your dog only needs to know how to heel, sit, and come back when called. Those are the basics every dog should know when on walks.
>>
>25 posts
>12 posters
>half of the posts are shitting on the OP for his terrible bait
>the other half are OP samefagging to keep his thread going
>>
>>2255007
flexi leads are useful for some people, but uneducated or stupid owners use them with dogs who should be on a regular leash.
>>
>>2254847

underrated post
>>
>>2255023

which half are you?
>>
>>2254751

>TFW both your dogs are perfect leash walkers.
Don't sniff, don't pull, walk right at the side, don't care about other dogs, people, or animals, sit at the cross lights, and respond to any commands.

I do feel really badly for people walking dogs that aren't good on the leash though. I absolutely love walking my dogs, and I remember when they were younger and walks were a hassle because they weren't fully trained yet. I'd never want my dogs walking routine to be a chore everyday.
>>
>>2254847
>>>2254783
>Excuse me for letting my dog actually enjoy his walks instead of leading him on a tour of all the cool things he's not allowed to sniff or play with.

There's a difference between excitement and happiness. Being in control and setting rules for the dog to follow is rewarding.
Making him practice focusing on you and the walk is more important than anything else, you'll understand once you get there.
>>
>>2255402
Geeze 孔子 calm down
>>
>>2255149
Oh god this reminds me
>walking my dog on a trail in park
>stupid woman in front of me is walking her pug on retractable leash
>they're moving slowly so me and my dog go around to get ahead
>feel something pressing hard against my shins
>pug has gotten in front of me and my dog and off to the side
>the leash is taut, fully extended and trying to amputate my legs
I don't mind get why people allow their dog the full 20ft or whatever of leash, especially on a populated trail.
>>
File: CNW00e7UcAA6dS9.jpg (18KB, 600x630px) Image search: [Google]
CNW00e7UcAA6dS9.jpg
18KB, 600x630px
>>2254751
Nice try OP.
>>
>>2254783
I'm embarrassed for you and I feel sorry for your dog.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.