[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>there are people on CL that give away their dogs just because

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

>there are people on CL that give away their dogs just because they are moving

>there are people that give away their dogs because they suddenly realize they don't have time for them despite adding them to their family of 4+ kids and working parents
>>
>>2253753
>there are people on CL that give away their dogs just because they are moving
Isn't it better than giving the dog to a shelter? Life circumstances change, not everyone has the luxury of holding on to their dog no matter what happens in life.
>>
Well, there are known people who go on CL and get dogs for strange reasons; One ran a bestiality farm and two other would just take them, kill them, or torture them.

At least sending them to a shelter, you know they're going to die in a SOMEwhat peaceful manner.
>>
How much would you pay for an unspayed Australian Shepard from Craiglist from a family that is trying to get rid of the dog? $800 is ridiculous.

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/for/5850825981.html
>>
>>2253773
& those are just the ones who got caught. Imagine how many other there are.
>>
>>2253757
i hate you
>>
>>2253757

Why the fuck is there so much shelter hate? No, fucking craigslist is not better than a shelter. Do you know anyone normal or responsable who gets a pet off of craigslist? No, because craigslist is for druggies, bums, poor trash, and other assorted misfits. Shelters exist to care for animals and at least have a minimum vetting process, craigslist does not. Even if the animal ends up put down, it'll die in a quick way and be safe and warm and taken care of before hand, which is a hell of a lot better than tourtured, or used as dog fight bait, or starved to death by some lazy druged out piece of shit who got it for their brat kids.

Like fuck do you even stop to think for one minute?
>>
>>2253804
>Do you know anyone normal or responsable who gets a pet off of craigslist?

My mom got her cat on Craigslist. The shelter wanted $70 and to make her sign waivers, do house inspections, and generally be a pain in the ass for at least a couple months before she could get the cat. Now, her home was cat ready. The old cat had died at the old age of 17 and she wanted a new kitty. She couldn't see going through all the hoops for a simple cat.

She got a cat with carrier, toys, and dry food for $50 from a woman on Craigslist. Everyone is happier this way.
>>
File: how_could_you.png (386KB, 730x1268px) Image search: [Google]
how_could_you.png
386KB, 730x1268px
>>2253753
>>
>>2253804
I got my dog on Craigslist. Fuck right off.
>>
>>2253886
i did too

he was listed as a "proven stud" who bit some white trash woman's 6th baby which is why "the dog needs to go", $100 or trade for a "better" small dog. he was also emaciated.

i'm not too proud to admit that i was very young and neither financially or physically prepared for the commitment and i did it completely out of drug, alcohol, and lonesomeness induced impulse

lucky for the dog and i, i have a good family who helped me with looking after him and taking care of the inevitable vet bills and i eventually got my shit together

he's a great dog, too. i shudder to think what would have happened to him if i hadn't picked him up, and what happens to others like him
>>
>>2253753
Dogs aren't like cats

They actually bond with owners

You can't just throw them in the trash and get a new one
>>
>>2253804
Shelters perpetuate the existence of shit bulls
>>
>>2253753

And they all demand that they go to GOOD HOMES ... like their home was the ideal setting to raise the dog in.
>>
>>2253804

The thing with shelters is that there's no rapid-repeat customer. A single person can not get away with adopting, say, 3 animals in a year without looking suspicious. They keep records of that shit.

Craigslist? Not so much. 3 a day is just fine, sicko.
>>
>>2253804
>there are no normal people on Craigslist anymore literally everyone on it is a psychopath looking to adopt a dog to either flay it alive or fuck it in the ass twice a day
>>
Shelters are more of a pita and full of batshit "animal lovers" with zero people and customer service skills.

Look if your putting up a cat or dog for adoption on CL all you need you do to screen the person is by asking for a simple adoption fee and throw in a carrier/bowls, bedding. If the animal doesn't have its shots or is fixed you can base your fee on that cost. If they can't/won't pay for that then you know they aren't serious or should own a pet that simple.

Shelters that insist on home visits, or other hoops is retarded becuase in the end they are competing with breeders and "the craigslist kitty" who dont ask any questions whatsoever.

Most of the time shelters act like this is becuase they are super possesive of their animals and have people who honestly don't know how to relate withother HUMANS normally
>>
>>2255236
>home visit is a hoop

what the fuck nigger
if you don't have time for a home visit you don't have time for a dog you little nigger cuck
of course they should check if they're not selling their animal to a fucking dogfight pen you little cuck
fucking liberal cucks ruining the civilization
just go to somalia suck pirate cock and die
>>
>>2253775
>https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/for/5850825981.html
wow, aussies in general really get fucked over by how qt they are :(
>>
>>2256956
how many times can one post say cuck?
>>
>>2255236
Where do you guys even find these shelters? I'm in the los angeles area and everything I've adopted basically entailed walking in and asking for it, and the only thing they asked for was my ID and the adoption fees.
>>
>>2257963
Petfinder, for me.
>>
>>2255236
I got my two dogs from two diff rescues.

The first was you met the dog. If you liked them, then they did a sleepover. If you still liked them, you signed your paperwork.

The second you just filled out a form, signed some paperwork, and were done.

The obly rescues I've ever seen with such involved adoption processes are generally breed specific rescues. They tend to be a lot more harsh and rigorous, as well as more expensive. Makes sense, since you dont want to be givibg away purebred dogs to random cunts that can just """""""rehome"""""""" them on CL after adopting them
>>
>>2257966
dis, and giving a young healthy pure bred work dog to someone who just wants a cheap QTIE PUPPER X33 rather than finding the dog a familiy where he gets to work on dog sports or on a farm, works better on more desired breeds. A farmer isnt going to adopt a random mutt either, since he will probably end up wasting time on a dog with no herding instinct, but a year old dog thats been proven to have some talent for the job is imo rather wanted pet. No need to deal with puppy phase, you get an idea of its character, etc.

Of course none of this applies to random mutts, that might make a good dog, but arent as DESIRABLE. Breed rescues can afford to be picky.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.