[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ok im making a thread I need help with my guinea pig, if anyone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

Ok im making a thread
I need help with my guinea pig, if anyone has legitimate experience with guinea pigs and knows their helath problems, I would love some knowledge and insight
my guinea pig is making hacking sounds like shes trying to throw up, she is bobbing her head, but all that comes out is clear spit that looks like drool.
she has not eaten anything since i noticed (2 hours ago). She even turned her head away from a carrot i offered her.

I called 6 vets and no one knew anything. emergency vet wont see her tonight.
how bad is it /an/? Im so fucking worried. shes so cute and sweet and furry.
Even her body feels different, very tense and tight, I can feel all her bones. Normally she is soft and fluffy and feels fat.
>>
>>2251984
AIDS virus
>>
>>2251984
Starving because of tooth damage, she's probably going to take irreversible damage tonight from starvation and have a significantly shorter lifespa
>>
It sounds pretty bad. :(
If you have a syringe, try feeding her some water or baby food to keep her going. Guinea pigs can't throw up, but hacking sounds typically mean pneumonia, which can kill pretty fast. Make sure to keep her hydrated and get her to a vet asap... Good luck!
>>
>>2252047
fuck, cna a vet fix that? are there guinea pig dentists? she was eating fine yesterday. im shocked at how light she seems today.

>>2252068
;_; i know, its painful to watch her, it seems like shes suffering. thank you so much, im doing all i can to help her
>>
>>2252075
Yeah a vet can fix it. Expect to pay $500+ at an exotics vet with a high chance of not waking from anesthesia
>>
I've also got one who's sick

Should i leave him to the wild or put him down?
>>
>>2252151
update on my guinea pig: she was put down at the vet today
she had an intestinal problem apparently.
my advice for you anon is have your piggie put down humanely, dont make it suffer
>>
It has Brown Recluse Syndrome.

Take it to a vet asap.
>>
File: 1475931370759.gif (824KB, 785x757px) Image search: [Google]
1475931370759.gif
824KB, 785x757px
>>2251984
Just get a new one if it dies.
They're cheap as fuck.
>>
>>2252092
>Expect to pay $500+ at an exotics vet with a high chance of not waking from anesthesia
That's exactly right. I'm a vet's assistant. If we're low on time or if lunch break is coming up, guinea pigs and small animals like them that come in for "surgery" get euthanized, with a token incision made to give the illusion that we did something. Sweet cash.
>>
>>2252810
rip piggy
>>2252849
how do you live with yourself?
>>
>>2252849
Le edgy poster, wew lad

>>2252858
Rip indeed ;_; i took her in when an acquaintance was getting rid of her

>>2252842
I dont think ill get a new one, i was quite attached to this one. Maybe in the future
>>
Yes there isn't much that can be done, but don't give up. Keep your piggie warm and give it some critical care with a syringe. I've taken my pigs to exotic vets before. 500 dollars minimum, but my pigs all recovered and lived a long time after. Pigs get sick fast and hard though. Keep him comfortable, its the most that can be done
>>
I'm sorry for your loss, OP. :(
You were a good owner and did everything you could. I hope you feel better and one day get a new pet.
>>
>my guinea pig is making hacking sounds like shes trying to throw up, she is bobbing her head, but all that comes out is clear spit that looks like drool.

Could be a sympathetic nervous system reaction. Anyone sprayed for roaches or ants lately?
>>
>>2253418
thanks a lot anon
we are thinking about finding another one to rescue. this little girl we saved from an acquaintance who was giving her away.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.