[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, anyone here leash train their cat? How is it? I want to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

So, anyone here leash train their cat? How is it?

I want to adopt a cat some day. Is it impossible to leash train adults? Is it dangerous? I imagine coming across dogs is intimidating.
>>
why would you leash train an adult though.

if you're going to keep your cat indoors and leash train it you might as well get a aesthetic pure breed cat rather than some ugly boring mutt.
>>
>>2251817
Only idiots buy a purebred cat.
>>
>>2251811
>get a harness for my cat as he always wants to go outside in our big back yard
>put harness on him, making sure it's not too tight but not so loose he can slip out
>cat.exe has stopped working
>watch as he just lays there unable to do anything for 15 minutes

I do not know what to do if I can't get past this phase.
>>
>>2251811
One thing to know is you really can't lead the cat, it kinda just goes where it wants to go.
>>
>>2251822
>Only idiots buy a cat

Ftfy
>>
>>2251918
That's true! You should adopt!
>>
>>2251811
like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ni8atbnMgU
>>
>>2251924
>adopt a cat

That's disgusting
>>
>>2252134
>>
>>2251854
You shouldnt put it on all the way right away. You have to take little steps at the time.
For example clip it on, and then of again after only a couple seconds. If that goes ok you can gradually increase the time untill the cat seems fine with it. Then let him walk around with the harness on, first without leash, later with the leash (so he gets used to the pressure of pulling).

It also depends on the cat's personality. I adaopted a cat a few years back, and I barely had to take the steps at all, he just accepted it right away. But there could also be cats that won't accept a harness ever.
>>
>>2251811
I've trained a cat before. The trick is to go slow. Unfortunately, even with dog training, people don't have patience and rush it, which tends to lead to things like >>2251854

There are many sources online for harness training, but also keep in mind the kind of cat you are getting. A very frightened or partially feral cat will be very difficult to train and may not want anything to do with it. Your best bet is to look for an outgoing and friendly cat, maybe a cat that's been an indoor/outdoor cat.
>>
>>2251811
>Is it impossible to leash train adults?
No.
> Is it dangerous?
No.
>I imagine coming across dogs is intimidating.
Depends on the dog and the cat.

You can leash train a cat if you put in the time and use a progressive approach that slowly expands the time on the leash and the areas you go. Most people aren't that committed, though.
>>
>>2252094
Silly kot, that's not blini.
>>
>>2251811
>put harness on cat
>get long (~5m?) rope and put on harness
>tie rope to something in yard
>let cat roam around until she's satisfied

This is what we did with our 8 year old cat that was hardly outside before we did this. She loves it, and doesn't mind the harness at all.
But she's really low energy and doesn't run around, only explores and nibbles some grass. I wouldn't recommend this to someone with a cat that wants to chase butterflies or something.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.