[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would it be irresponsible to get a Leonberger if I live

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: leonberger-2.jpg (86KB, 600x803px) Image search: [Google]
leonberger-2.jpg
86KB, 600x803px
Would it be irresponsible to get a Leonberger if I live in a 3 bedroom house?
>>
The size of your house doesn't matter, it's the size of your yard that counts.
>>
Keep it outside dumbass
>>
It's maybe irresponsible towards your kid if you have one because large dogs have tiny life spans.
>>
>>2249596
No, as long as there is ample room for him to walk, stretch, lay down, etc. However, you will need to give him a ton of exercise so he won't run around your tiny house and destroy everything
>>
>>2249599
Exactly what I was thinking, word for word. This should be a motto.
>>
>>2249599
>>2251622
But that's bullshit. Don't get me wrong, a yard is really helpful for those days you don't feel like walking a dog and for rough playing, but a dog can only do so much in a yard alone. It doesn't provide physical stimulation, and after the first week of investigating it, it will cease to provide and mental stimulation besides the stray rabbit scent or mole hole. You will still need walks, partially for the bond, but mostly so the dog doesn't rot away in a yard.

Also Leonbergers have had a huge boost in popularity considering how rare they used to be, which created a giant bottle neck in the genes. So make sure you get it from a really good breeder. They already don't live long to begin with
>>
>>2249599
>>2251622
Literally my first thought upon reading this and I've never owned a dog in my life

>>2251635
Are you fucking retarded, literally no dog (or animal in general) that size is sustainable in a house alone
Even a small yard is not enough room my guy.
>After a week of investigation it will cease to provide any mental stimulation

This is literally not true, do me a favor, after that first week of "mental stimulation" cut your dog off from the yard completely, then come back and tell me how little he cares about the yard.
>>
>>2252065
>I've never owned a dog
>Calling someone else retarded for saying something completely valid
ayyyy lmao
>>
>>2252087
And yet somehow I still have the common sense to know that a big dog needs a big yard. Wild right?
>>
I have a massive giant dog and I live in a tiny one bedroom cabin with no yard, but I take my dog hiking and romping through forests every day and he seems happy

I'm renting so I'm not going to spend money to put up a fence, thought about getting a dog run but it's unnecessary since he's usually so worn out when I take him in he just lays around and quietly chews on a toy
>>
>>2249596
Are you going to just keep him inside and not give it exercise?
>>
>>2249596
Yes. He will get tired and frustrated he won't be able to shit on all of your beds.
>>
File: NYC deerhound.jpg (177KB, 550x365px) Image search: [Google]
NYC deerhound.jpg
177KB, 550x365px
>>2252132
Holy shit, people in NYC have large dogs! How isn't everyone getting fucked?
>>
>>2252132
All dogs do out in the yard is be bored and bark at passers by, unless you have several... then they play together for like 20 minutes a day then lie around bored and bark as a pack at passers by.

A yard is super helpful if you have a dog, but I cannot stand that "stick the dog outside in the yard and ignore it all day" mindset. Dogs want to be with their people, not sitting around bored looking at the same damn squirrels every day.
>>
>>2249596
How big is your house? My sister in law has a 3-bedroom house that is gigantic -- like 3000 square feet. I have no idea why it is only a 3-bed, makes no sense but it happens.
>>
>>2252300
digits confirmed, dogs are fucking awful at entertaining themselves, the yard is nice if you want to play with the dog in it, but the dog isn't going to benefit from it otherwise
>>
>>2252674
And its pretty easy to find a field and throw them on a long lead to accomplish much the same of what you'd do in a yard.

A yard is no excuse to dump a dog in there and ignore it all day. They're only real use is to give them a place to shit and piss when you are sick as fuck and cannot walk them right and proper. You're still going to need to walk them at least once a day even if your yard is massive.
>>
>>2252297
is it ok to hold dogs that tight on the leash?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.