[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I had a dream that I went on a whale watch in arctic waters and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 01-orca-pod-andfjorden-670[1].jpg (86KB, 670x503px) Image search: [Google]
01-orca-pod-andfjorden-670[1].jpg
86KB, 670x503px
I had a dream that I went on a whale watch in arctic waters and there was a pod of orcas hunting a pod of blue whales. Is this something that happens?
>>
orcas are ~25 feet long, blue whales are 70+ feet.

so no.
>>
>>2248813
orcas have been observed trying to hunt blue whales.

they don't really succeed at it for obvious reasons though.
>>
Lions are smaller than giraffes. So I don't see why a group of orcas couldn't take out a blue whale but all they have is teeth so I could be in probable
>>
What's stopping orcas from ripping up the fins of whales?

Do whales even have defenses?
>>
File: sperm1.jpg (93KB, 940x626px) Image search: [Google]
sperm1.jpg
93KB, 940x626px
>>2249036
depends on the species, sperm whales have pretty nasty teeth.
>>
>>2249036
>What's stopping orcas from ripping up the fins of whales?
ever tried apple bobbing? it's not that easy
>>
>>2249047
Nice
>>
>>2249036
A direct hit from a large whales tail can seriously injure or kill an orca. Whales are huge and that'd be like you looking at an elephant without tusks and thinking it couldn't hurt you because it didn't have any blatant weaponry.
>>
>>2249040
How the hell do they fit a giant squid in there
>>
>>2250178
Relax the jaw and open the throat.
>>
File: 1469508983466.png (245KB, 630x357px) Image search: [Google]
1469508983466.png
245KB, 630x357px
>>2250223
I'll bet they do.
>>
>>2248800
Orcas do successfully hunt some whales, but not blue whales. They're just too damn big.

The whales they do hunt, they typically target calves. Failing that, they'll literally pile on top of the whale, taking turns breathing while they hold the other whale underwater until it drowns.
>>
>>2248800
They helped Humans hunt in Australia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killer_whales_of_Eden,_Australia

>Old Tom's role was commonly to alert the human whalers to the presence of a baleen whale in the bay by breaching or tailslapping at the mouth of the Kiah River, which is one of the smallest rivers, where the Davidson family had their tiny cottages.
>This role endeared him to the whalers and led to the idea that he was “leader of the pack,” although such a role was more likely taken by a female (as is typical among killer whales), probably the whale known as Stranger.
>After the harpooning, some of the killer whales would even grab the ropes in their teeth and aid the whalers in hauling.
>>
Orcas are basically giant dolphins, which means they're smart as fuck. They get bored and try to kill random stuff for lulz. I'm sure at some point in history they've successfully fucked up a blue whale, but it's not something that happens on the regular.
>>
Aren't Blue Whales really fast? Orcas wouldn't be able to keep up with one.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.