[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /an/ Was walking to work and passed by a bumblebee in distress,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: bumble_bee3.jpg (71KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
bumble_bee3.jpg
71KB, 800x533px
Hey /an/

Was walking to work and passed by a bumblebee in distress, kept falling over, flapping its wings but couldn't take off. Moved her off the road and hoped maybe it'd recover.

Walked back from work and it was still there having issues. Took her back with me.

I have it next to me on a plate with some sugar water and heat and it seems to still be moving. I'm guessing since the weather is getting colder it's the end of the line for the worker bees.

The question is, if you were a dying bumblebee worker, what would you want aside from sugar water and heat. There aren't any flowers still blooming around here.

No picture, I'm a poorfag with no money.
>>
Try to give her some juice, and find some plants, indoor flowers to put her there.
>>
Bees don't have feelings
>>
>>2247479
Go fuck yourself.
>>
Well that escalated quickly.

Anyway I turned on the lights to give her a flower and some leaves and she seemed to react a lot more to the light.

Blobbed some honey and apple juice next to her. She probably won't make it to tomorrow but it's probably expected. Anyway night folks, thanks for the suggestions.
>>
>>2247487
Sure. Just be careful if you have cats, they might want to play with her.
>>
I wonder if it's a drone. I'm too tired to look up bumblebee lifestyle, but I do know that around this time of year I've seen our paper wasps hatching drones from their nests, in preparation for the queens overwintering. I know bumblebees aren't the same but they might have similar strategies. Doesn't make any difference to the dying bee, but I was just thinking what I would want if I were a dying bumblebee drone.
>>
Well, you can't do anything else, just keep her warm and fed.
>>
Update for anyone who was interested, she seemed pretty out of it for two days, but I put her out this morning and she seems to have disappeared, so either she flew away or got eaten or something.

Hope she can find her way back home, I live about a block away from where I picked her up.
>>
File: 1451631565229.jpg (411KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1451631565229.jpg
411KB, 1920x1080px
>>2248965
You are a nice person anon.
>>
Second update, nevermind she got maybe fifteen feet away, I think she crawled the whole way.

I think she's improved with the warm weather, but the temperature is continuing to drop. I guess I'll take her back in if she's still walking around when the sun goes down.
>>
>>2249086
It's a fucking bee

Just let nature take its course and quit being autistic
>>
>>2249086
TAKE IT TO THE VET. You deserve for it to die from being so irresponsible, fucking asshole
>>
>>2249118

>4chan
>not autistic

pick one
>>
>>2249065
Vader?
>>
>>2247579

Anon's epic quest to find his beebro some beepussy
>>
>>2249137
You're a big guy (6'8"!!)
>>
>>2247487
grow indoor flowers. it's hard and you'll need to keep a constant daily check on them, but I do it. I grow trees from seeds I germinate in the fridge and plant in my room with old stale/contaminated drinking water as nutrients.

little wildflowers, daisies, roses, orchids, whatever is common there. also your new might die anyway because of its sex
>>
Problem is, it is a male, worker bumblebee. Their season is over, they live only few months, but try to help him by buying some flowers.
>>
Set her out this morning again, got back from work and she's gone. Checked everywhere and didn't see her so I either I'm blind or she's hiding or she went away.

Good luck bee.
>>
>>2249123
Bee vets don't exist as beekeepers only give a shit about the hive and not individuals

RIP bee
>>
>>2249118
Bumblebees are special, like jumping spiders and mantids.
>>
Is it possible to have a pet bee for real?
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.