[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/an/ I'm planning to adopt two cats. Aged 5/6, neutered

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

/an/
I'm planning to adopt two cats. Aged 5/6, neutered male buddies, front declawed, from owners who don't have the time any more.

I'm really darn excited, but I never have had a declawed cat before. What kind of litter box should I get them? And what are your cats' favorite things to play with/on-- is a cat tree worth it?
>>
>>2246005
Why?
>>
>>2246005
get a box for each, low rim. clump litter is good enough.
milk rings, rubber bands, nuts
cat may care less about a tree, may love it. your call
>>
>declawed
>"don't have time anymore" for fucking cats

cat owners confirmed for shit
>>
>>2246006
Why not?

>>2246008
Hahaha, if I can save so much money on toys, I think I can afford a rudimentary cat tree. I'll ask the owners if they enjoyed climbing-- I'm in a small apartment, so maybe I should get them things to play on vertically. Especially since I have always wanted a cat tree. Thanks, anon.

>>2246034
>declawed
Agree, it's cruel practice. They had a kid recently, so I think it is wise of them at least to rehome rather than neglect or send to shelter.
>>
>>2246005
They can't go outside. If it's a sort of CL adoption or something, expect some unfavorable behaviors. Declawed cats ca have issues with their paws as they grow older.

>>2246034
>b-but declawed cats are less likely to be re-homed! They are more likely to find homes! There's no data that backs this, but just trust me because it makes sense
I agree. De-clawing is some grade A bullshit
>>
>>2246037
Yes, haha it is Craigslist-- I wanted two adults who were friends already, and no nearby shelters knew who was friends with who.

My current plan for combatting bad behavior is feliway, lots and lots of patience with litterbox (and extra soft sand), no touching the tummies or paws, and lots of playtime with toys. I'm going to ask the owners to much their front paws a little bit, to see if there's any pain right now too. They say they are both sweetie boys, so, fingers crossed.
>>
>>2246036
I got one off of Ebay for around $60. my cats love that shit and it's 6-7 feet tall. I think a declawed cat especially will enjoy a vantage point where they're safe.

I'm glad you've done your research on declawed cats. It's so horrible, and it's crazy that people will spend so much money to fuck up their cat. Baffling.
>>
>>2246069
I had a good giggle reading that declawed cats still have very strong toes, and that it's good to make them use their toes in play! I went and ordered this one (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B015Z8KHEU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) from amazon, a bit cheaper than yours but hopefully good.

I hear that some vets even do "two for one" type neuter-declaw deals, totally squicky. They should do a two for one thing where they neuter the cats and fit them with softpaws nail caps. Much cheaper, and probably better for the vet too to get a break from surgery!
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.