[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm thinking about buying a townhouse with a backyard like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: backyard.jpg (110KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
backyard.jpg
110KB, 1024x768px
I'm thinking about buying a townhouse with a backyard like (pic related) specifically so that I can get a dog. Is this enough space for a medium-to-large sized dog? I'm not picky about the breed, I will likely rescue a mutt from the shelter. I work a 9-5 but don't socialize much, so I would spend my free time taking the dog out to the park and stuff.
>>
You can have a medium to large breed dog in an apartment without a yard. You'd just need to walk it minimum of twice daily, some individual dogs need more, and mentally and physically stimulate the dog enough so it won't destroy your house.

If you are asking if that yard will provide enough mental and physical stimulation to not have to walk or work with the dog, no it will not. That yard is good for a little bit of play, and shitting, and that's about it.
>>
>>2245316
This. Daily walks don't become optional just because you have a yard, unless you are a ruralfag with acres for the dog to run free on.
>>
>>2245316
>>2245328

I would never not take the dog for walks, my plan is to take it once early in the morning, again in the evening, and possibly even hire a dog walker to stop by during the day when I work. With outings to the woods on weekends. I want the yard so that my dog can at least go outside whenever it wants, even it isn't a lot of space.
>>
At the very minimum, it would make a good toilet. Although what >>2245316 says is true (it is my life at the moment), there will inevitably be a few days a year where you are sick and its a real pain in the dick to walk the dog.
>>
>>2245310
If you plan on going on lots of walks and runs it could work
>>
>>2245349
All the Dog walkers around

I need a dog runner
>>
>>2245346
Yeah. When you've got norovirus and you've got stuff coming out both ends every 20 minutes, it really helps if you can just let the dog into the yard rather than having to walk somewhere so it can do its business.

>>2245310
That yard is pretty small. Fine for a dog potty. You could theoretically keep a medium or large dog in this space combined with the house, but not leave it outside for long periods or it'll destroy the grass with pacing.
>>
>>2245310
>wants to buy townhouse with small yard.
>wants to turn entire yard into a dog toilet.
>everything will be covered in dog urine after a week.

I hope you don't plan on having people over OP, because nobody will want to be there.
>>
>>2245310
You still need to go on walkies. Also don't believe the hater saying it'll be covered in urine after a week. It's not so bad, just have a boundary. Ours can only poop after a certain line.
>>
>>2245420
Dog will piss on the bar b q, lawn chairs, plants...
Do you want a child playing in grass that has urine and feces?

Dogs are disgusting.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.