[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So Brave Wilderness did a video where he got stung by the Ta

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: GettyImages-139289963-1024x768.jpg (166KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
GettyImages-139289963-1024x768.jpg
166KB, 1024x768px
So Brave Wilderness did a video where he got stung by the Tarantula Hawk, and writhed in pain like a baby. It's meant to be the second most painful sting in the world behind the Bullet Ant.

The thing is, there's a Ceremony some remote village in South America conducts on boys, where they have to wear gloves full of Bullet Ants, and get stung repeatedly for 20 minutes. There are videos of it on Youtube too, and they don't seem to be screaming.

My question is: Are Bullet Ant stings really that painful or was Coyote Peterson exaggerating?

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnExgQ81fhU
>>
>>2245259
>The thing is, there's a Ceremony some remote village in South America conducts on boys, where they have to wear gloves full of Bullet Ants, and get stung repeatedly for 20 minutes. There are videos of it on Youtube too, and they don't seem to be screaming.

I'm pretty sure they drug the kids so they don't feel it as much.

Plus there's huge social pressure on the kids to endure it, and native tribes are tough as fuck in general.
>>
>>2245259
The entire point of the ritual is that you're not supposed to cry out or you fail to become a man. It's also expected that you repeat the ritual multiple times, so at some point they probably start getting used to it. Coyote might be exaggerating a bit, but Tarantula Hawk stings are pretty goddamned excruciating, so i'd imagine that for a bullet ant to get their rating they'd have to be on a completely different level.
>>
>>2245263
Was LA Beast drugged up?
>>
>>2245266
Even then, one sting was enough to scream non-stop for 5 minutes.

Bullet Ants sting multiple times per second, and these natives wear gloves full of them. Never mind being a "man", how could any human being withstand that pain while remaining silent? Or are they really drugged up?
>>
>>2245259
You have an isolated village of an inbred population of humans that have survived with bullet ants and other venomous stings for generations.

They likely have resistance to it than caucasians. Native north Americans had resistance to black widow venom, for example
>>
>>2245275
Maybe living in a jungle full of horrible stinging creatures has made them a bit more resistant.
>>
>>2245259
why don't you get stung by one of them and post results
>>
>>2245276
>>2245296
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NMNbr4z7eE

This guy is American. Fast forward to 8:00 for the gloves.
>>
>>2245259
The main reason the tarantula hawk sting is ranked second is because the effect doesn't last as long as a bullet ant. However, the amount of pain may exceed that of a bullet ant. Basically your body can't process anything except motherfucking suffering so you're pretty much useless for several minutes.

The silly thing is that they're pretty docile wasps, as far as their temperament. I'm still looking to handle one if I see one around the house someday. The blue-black color is really attractive when you see it up close

https://youtu.be/6-8HUIgpgYg
https://youtu.be/gQo234i6rig
>>
>>2245259

Ive been stung by a bullet ant: it hurts a lot, but the impact isnt that much more intense than a harvester ant sting. It was kind of a sharp radiating pain that lasts about 4 hours, more annoying than excruciating.

Ive taken a sting from a few large hornets and paper wasps and the impact of those was Far more painful. I would guess a tarantula hawk would be horrifying for the first few minutes.
>>
File: irukandji-jellyfish-200802.jpg (11KB, 250x345px) Image search: [Google]
irukandji-jellyfish-200802.jpg
11KB, 250x345px
>>2245259

I wonder how these insect stings stack up against the Irukandji jellyfish.

To me it looks like these two researchers are suffering way longer and more intensely than people sting by insects. But I really have no idea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tax5JR63E5s
>>
>>2247507
Although maybe the initial sting of the jellyfish isn't as bad, since these people weren't screaming in the water, but the venom-in-bloodstream part later might be worse than that of insects.
>>
File: image.jpg (196KB, 585x405px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
196KB, 585x405px
I was bitten by pic related once
>>
>>2247512
how'd that turn out
>>
>>2247515
It hurt pretty bad. My finger turned purple and I could all the veins really well. I had no clue at the time what it was.
>>
>>2247516
Interesting. I've seen these things around and heard they had a pretty serious attitude. Not sure what they're called though.
>>
>>2247517
wheel bugs
>>
>>2245275
>>Bullet Ants sting multiple times per second,
The way these insect venoms work it doesn't really matter that much if you're stung once or several times.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.