[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone know much about the logistics of finding apartments that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: raptorconure.png (11KB, 160x233px) Image search: [Google]
raptorconure.png
11KB, 160x233px
Anyone know much about the logistics of finding apartments that accept small parrots/birds?

I moved out of my parents house for college in a small town and couldn't find any apartment that would accept even any pets so my parents agreed to keep my 2 conures while I was in college. Now next summer I'm going to be moving to a pretty large city so I should have an easier time finding places that are pet friendly.

But I'm just casually looking at places online and if I put a filter for "allows cats and dogs" it reduces the listings by like 80%

I'm wondering if anyone knows from experience how likely places are to accept caged birds even if they state no cats or dogs?
I doubt my birds could damage anything and they're quiet in their cage/sleeping from around 6pm to 8am. And I'm prepared to sound proof if possible.
>>
>>2243337
Ask, you can't go wrong.
>>
>>2243337
Just find places that you like and ask. I learned that most places just mean no dogs and cats when they say no pets. My current place said "no pets" but they are fine with my two cockatiels.
>>
>>2243337
I rent and have two budgies but i live in the UK. Generally pets that can cause property damage arent accepted for obvious reasons but that seems to apply only for cats and dogs. Caged animals arent really a problem. Noise might be an issue however.
>>
where i live it's illegal to not rent to someone or evict them because of pets so you can always just not tell the landlord and they have no recourse, so definitely look into your landlord tenant laws

i always let them know though, and introduce them to my pets. i've never been denied a place i guess because they figure if you're not lying to them about the pets you're probably a better owner than most

even if an ad says "no pets" (even though it's illegal here they still try it) i find that just talking to the landlord softens them up a bit

if you're not a dirt bag or a sketch i think that goes a lot further than having a harmless animal
>>
Don't say anything and just bring em! As long as you take minimal precautions to insulate sound (leaving windows closed during the day, etc.) you'll be fine! Most neighbors won't notice or they'll learn to adapt and the noise will fade into the background over time. This is all assuming youre not living in a quiet rural area, ofcourse.
>>
Don't ask. Your birds will go unnoticed unless someone snitches on you. Even then, there's a good likelihood that the landlord won't care because they're not going to evict a tenant that hasn't caused any problems. It's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.
>>
>>2243380
>>2243390
I'd be moving to either south or west Philadelphia. I'm not sure what their laws are completely. I've never heard of someone being evicted because of their pets around here, I do know my current lease about 2 hours outside of the city says no pets though so I'm not sure if they couldn't put something like that in and kick me out for breaking the lease...
I'd ideally like to live in a louder area so they'd go unnoticed even more. Really they only scream if they hear someone else screaming and they want to join in or if they need food or water.
>>
at my apartment now I'm allowed to have anything BUT birds. snakes and cats and dogs are fine. Dude says the only problem animal he ever had in one of his apartments was a parrot.
>south or west Philadelphia
I used to rent a grays ferry rowhouse for 750 a month, the landlords did not even begin to give a shit about the place, I'm sure a bird would've been fine.
>>
>>2243392
Asking literally doesn't hurt anything or cost you anything, especially if you just put it in with other questions about the apartment when you first talk with the owner. It's not like they are going to remember you asked about pets if they say no, and come back and check for them.
So if it's no, you're in the exact same situation as not knowing, and you very well might get permission anyway.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.