[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just started wondering, can dogs sense if you're sad if

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: image-20160112-6972-gjjlm6.jpg (126KB, 1356x668px) Image search: [Google]
image-20160112-6972-gjjlm6.jpg
126KB, 1356x668px
I just started wondering, can dogs sense if you're sad if you adopted them as an adult and have only had them for 5 months? Or would they simply not care about you yet?
>>
they would definitely sense it. whether they cared or not would depend on the dogs' personalities and how you've been treating them.
>>
dogs have no concept is human emotion.
>>
>>2240984
dogs only seem to share human emotions because they are dependent on humans to survive.

the dog does not care if you are sad. the dog cares that you might not be able to provide for it properly if something is wrong with you
>>
>>2241684
>>2241690
>>2241948

None of you have dogs. Dogs, especially the intelligent ones, mirror your emotional state. If you're sad, depressed, mopey, don't go out much, the dog will be the same way, and thats a very bad thing for a dog.
>>
File: noa27.jpg (915KB, 2764x1843px) Image search: [Google]
noa27.jpg
915KB, 2764x1843px
>>2241971
I've had my dog since I was 5.

they'll notice a change, but they don't understand it.
>>
Dog understand your body language and facial expressions better than most humans. Dogs have different personalities. Some dogs will come for a cuddle when your sad, bring you a toy to play (cheer you up) and Some dogs just might give you a bit of space as they might not be sure of what to do.
>>
>>2241690
This is literally false.
>>
>>2241977
>you're wrong because you're wrong :(((

dogs don't have emotion so they can't have a concept of it.
>>
Do dogs understand what you are perceiving emotionally? Yes. Do they care or empathize? I don't think so.

If you're crying like a bitch then thats weird to them. They will check it out. Pet them, hold them, pay attention to them, etc they will know you sad = attention. Not a bad thing. I'm sure it's very comforting to think your dog 'cares'. And it does, just not as deep as you hope.
>>
>>2241979
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/01/160112214507.htm

>Dogs can recognise emotions in humans by combining information from different senses – an ability that has never previously been observed outside of humans, a new study published today reveals.
>>
>>2241982
>sciencedaily
you might as well cite tumblr blogs while you're at it.
>>
>>2241984
>literally citea the study
>LMAO IT DOESNT COUNT :))))))))
I know you are a dumb chink who probably ate his mutt when it died, but I didn't expect you to be a science denier too.
>>
>>2241984
where's your source?
>>
>>2241987
I don't need one since it's your claim.

emotions require consciousness, dogs don't have that, they've never passed a single test for it.
>>
>>2240984
Absolutely!!! Dogs grow to love their master, their leader. They're a pack animal, and quickly adapt to sense their emotions. My dad adopted an old police dog and although he was grey in the face I loved and took care of him as if we've always known eachother. when I was crying or had anxiety he put his paw on my lap and reassured me
>>
>>2241971
I agree. When my boyfriend makes me upset and I'm crying my dog always notices and lays by my feet for a while or try to cuddle up. Usually he's off doing his own thing
>>
>>2241979
Have you ever been to a kennel? Those dogs/cats are always so sad and anxious. They have emotions
>>
>>2242001
fag
>>
>>2242028
>on one of the boards with the highest female population
>thinks it's a fag
>>
>>2241971
you completely ignored my post. they will get sad because they want to survive. they can tell something is DIFFERENT, and they care that it relates to their well-being. I'm not saying it is a bad thing because it is completely normal, but don't pretend dogs are just spechul and love humans because muh bonds
>>
>>2242003
every animal gets stressed. it is a survival instinct to discourage them from being in a situation that is harmful.

>>2241998
he put his paw on his lap because if you died, it would impact his survival. it is a fortunate coincidence that you being healthy is good for the dog, so the dog prefers you to be happy. It is easy to mistake these things for genuine emotions, but dogs have no more of a conscious than other animals.

>>2241987
>i made a claim, where's your source to disprove it

that's not how it works, buddy. look up burden of proof.

>>2241982
>sciencedaiily.com
haha

>>2241980
this guy brings up a very valid argument. I never considered you being sad=attention.
>>
>>2242034
Tone of voice also comes into play. Raise your voice angerily telling them you live them, they will back off. Tell them you're going to kill them in some happy tone, it's the best thing ever to them. Tone or not they may associate certain words with one thing. If anyone mentions vet, no matter how happy and riled up they got my dogs they will immediately back off. They know what that means.

If a dog is hungry or wants something,ost likely it will also teybto appeal to you. Cats may do it too. My cat is affectionate but she is 100% puppy like and meows loud when she is hungry. I may not feed her right there and then because my animals are on a schedule for food, but she knows the cuter she acts the mote likely I'm going to drop anything to pay attention to her. Dogs get in on this too all the time with those puppy eyes. It differs from individuals, obviously. But they rely on you and are communicating how they can, even its realizing if they act a certain way it may turn in their favor.
>>
>>2242031

I understood your post. I'm saying dogs "care" about us in the way we care about them, they are not human, that is impossible, but on an instinctual level dogs match their owners emotional state. Angry, happy, sad, sitting still, relaxing, active, excited, they copy everything you do. Usually it has nothing to do with survival. They evolved that way because WE evolved them that way. And all pack animals behave the same way with each other in nature. Except you can't raise a wolf or a tiger into a loyal beast.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.