[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>if you can't be bothered to adopt, foster, sponsor,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

>if you can't be bothered to adopt, foster, sponsor, volunteer or donate then just bully people on Twitter until they do it for you
Why is it always the most toxic people the ones who take part in animal related causes?
>>
>>2240292
Because it's like poloticians kissing babies. It makes them see less vile.
>>
>>2240300
It does the exact opposite tho
I'm thinking of fostering for a bit because I don't want to commit to taking care of a dog for ten years but could use the company for a while, how does it work? Do they dump the dog on me and assume I adopted him making it hell on earth to return it?
Eventually if I get a dog I want it from (grasp oh no) a breeder because I want a great strong dog from some award winning breeder like the one I had as a kid anyways
>>
>>2240302
But remember people who are using twitter to control people are shit people who know dumb shit people following them will do what they say. Their followers might not know that they're being bullied but will believe they're doing their leaders good across the country. Just like spreading awareness for ALS by throwing cold water on them without actually donating. It just looks that you're doing good but you're still an asshole.
>>
>>2240306
When you face a liar you demand action from him because a liar can invent a thousand lies when called out on one but the thing a liar could never do is put his body were his lies are
If someone harrases you into adopting and the wonders of it but has never adopted himself don't listen
>>
File: petlover.jpg (210KB, 654x373px) Image search: [Google]
petlover.jpg
210KB, 654x373px
I think it's gotten extreme like pic related, but the again I don't feel that strongly about pets. Social media usually has a lot of virtue signalling anyway, they usually don't do anything to help out pets.
>>
>>2240292
Hm. I volunteer a lot at nature centers, does that count? I don't think I've ever pushed anyone to join but I do mention it's easy and fun community service hours.
>>
>>2240347
It's ok because they are allowed to hate these people
Had a shitty day? Go hard as some people that had to give up their pet because they had to move
Remember this is totally better than when people do the se to any other person and not exactly the same
Anti haters are the most hate filled people in the world
>>
>>2240355
Yup, we got a lot of shit when we had to give away our bearded dragons during the crash. I don't know why they're so aggressive.
>>
>>2240359
Because bitter people will always exist and elevating a hate group above another, hell creating and allowing hate to manifest itself as a group instead of just someone venting is a method of control
All hate is wrong except for our hate
All animals are equal but some are more equals than others
>>
People get very passionate about issues they care about and sometimes they go overboard without realizing it.
>>
>>2240359
Sorry you had to go through that rehoming and get shit for it
I've seen the same thing happen when a toddler has an allergy to a pet, so the pet has to be rehomed
>just get rid of the toddler!
>let the kid deal with it, you promised that pet a forever home!
>put the kid on steroids or benadryl
>toddler is just making it up for attention
>>
>>2240366
But it gets arbitrary allowed or punished based on political bias and economic interest
Not to mention encouraged
>>
>>2240367
Eh, my dad knew a guy who wanted it.
Similarly, my mom devleloped an allergy to my cockatiel, but I was able to give it to my friend who already had another cockatiel.
Didn't get shit for that, sorry you had to.
>>
>>2240367
I rage at people wanting to rehome almost anything. 99% of it is 'we didn't know it would be so hard'. But, they can't take care of it and/or don't want it. If they are looking for a good home for them then fine! They want someone who will take proper care of them. They know its for the best. One of my dogs was adopted from a girl going to college and she couldn't take her, specifically she would be euthanized if not found a home. I got her on a whim. She brought the dog to me out of state, crying the whole time. Gave me a huge list of what she eats, what she likes, what kind of clothes, colors and music she liked. She obviously cared a lot about her. I assume this euthanized thing was more of she didn't want her to be lonely, scared and get put down in a shelter so she must have thought getting her put down herself was better if she couldnt find a good home. 5 years later she still emails asking for new pics.

She did not train and spoiled the shit out of this dog but I can't hate her. Shit happens. I think what is important that if you can't own up to your responsibility, it's your job to find someone who will. It's enraging to see puppies and parrots they just got and are rehoming but rather them find new, better homes for them.
>>
>>2240302
It depends who you foster for. Never foster for a 'foster only' rescue, as they require you to foster the dog until it's adopted, you're responsible for rehoming/adopting it out, and if you suddenly can't take care of it for a week or something, you're just fucked. When fostering, before you make the commitment, get to know the facility you are doing it for. Make sure you at least agree with most of their practices (euthanasia, s/n, position statement, etc). Be sure to ask what they provide so you won't have to buy it. Ideally they should offer food, vet services, toys, treats, etc. Make sure you aren't responsible for rehoming the dog, because you'll only know so many friends who want a dog before you run out of friends. On that note, many brick and mortar shelters do take their dogs back once they are ready for adoption. Let your foster coordinator know that you do plan on bringing the dog back once ready to be adopted, so they can plan accordingly. That's what I did with all my fosters; they went back to the shelter to be adopted.
>>
>>2240432
So it's mostly a scam where you own the dog until you find someone else to own it for you wich is the same as adopting
I will make sure I don't get fucked
>>
>>2240495
>Volunteering is a scam!
Well duh. The whole fucking point of non profits is free labor. If you wanted to get paid you'd get a job.
>>
>>2240495
Only foster based rescues are like that. A brick and mortar shelter has a place to put them if you cannot care for them, or once you are done fostering them. I fostered a dog that had way too much energy for me once he began to get settled and I had to bring him back a week in, and another where i was going on vacation and had to bring him in early. But if you just want a dog for a weekend or something, then go rent a dog. I think the average foster time for a dog is 3 weeks. Keeping a dog for just a few days is stressful for the dog and not helping anyone too much.

I should also mention, If you are fostering for a brick and mortar shelter, you will mostly be taking care of sick dogs until they get better. Unless you want to train dogs with behavioral issues. Dogs that are already adoptable just stay in the shelter so they can, well, be adopted.

If you wanted compensation, it wouldn't be fostering, it would be called flipping.
>>
>>2240508

I get that it's great to give the dogs some time out of those cages, but man, the idea of having to send them back just breaks my heart. They probably get all hopeful that they won't have to leave. Can you imagine those feels when, after that awesome care ride, the hop out and see they're back at the shelter? That must suck so bad. I wonder if it's worse than just leaving them in there. It can't be good for their mind. I could see a lot of behavior problems stemming from that happening repeatedly. Human fosters are the same way, and well over half those kids come out with serious mental issues.
>>
>>2240503
It's a scam to get me to adopt the dog
All I want is to have a dog for a little while, I mean it's that or death for the dog so I guess everyone wins
>>
>>2240508
I just want a dog for a month or two, I mean having the dog around people and in an open space instead of a cage is bound to make him more adoptable right?
It would be like dogsitting for someone and if that person never comes then sorry dog at least you didn't spend your last two months in hell
>>
>>2240513
They should foster the best looking dogs that way they have double the advantage and more people choose to adopt rather than to buy
Most of them die anyways so it's not like it's unfair for other dogs or anything
>>
>>2240513
I think dogs are more adaptable then people. I've had to bring dogs back to the shelter several times for heartworm treatment. And then I'd bring them back for visits/vaccines. I think being left there for a long time without their 'family' is what fucks them. Getting adopted by a new family is always going to be something to get used to, but at least they've been spending much of their time in a home setting.

>>2240595
Adopting a dog you foster is called (in a kind, joking way) a foster failure, because the whole reason of fostering is to return the dog to get adopted back out. Personally I thought foster failures were a bit of a waste, because where they could have continued to foster and adopt out more dogs, they now have to basically retire.

>>2240598
Definitely much better than going crazy in a cage. I would recommend brushing up on basic training shit like not jumping on people and not pulling on a leash, a lot of the dogs need a brush up on training especially if they have been in the shelter for a while. If you can do a few months, you might want to look into fostering heartworm positive dogs. Their treatment takes 2 months, but you have to keep them relatively low energy during that time.
>>
>>2240347
pets are relatively disposable, children are not
>>
>>2240292
That poor dog :(
>>
>>2240980
You have been educated please crosspost :)
>>
File: 1465850920464.png (797KB, 812x806px) Image search: [Google]
1465850920464.png
797KB, 812x806px
>>2240962
>children aren't
>>
>>2240962
>pets are disposable

Then don't get a pet. This mindset is the root of all animal abuse.
>>
File: sigh.jpg (45KB, 652x365px) Image search: [Google]
sigh.jpg
45KB, 652x365px
>>2240347
>look up literally any dog video on youtube
>something as simple as someone playing fetch with their golden retriever
>omg you are such a horrible dog owner...
>feel so bad for the dog...
>dog is clearly upset / distressed... pls stop...
>>
>>2240292
Okay but is anyone going to state that if your dog is sitting with its head pressed against the wall like in OP then it needs to go to the vet ASAP. Head pressing can be indicative of severe neurological conditions in both cats and dogs.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.