[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Future corgi (pembroke) owner here.. Finally~ Any advice beyond

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: 1275868180734.jpg (25KB, 450x331px) Image search: [Google]
1275868180734.jpg
25KB, 450x331px
Future corgi (pembroke) owner here.. Finally~
Any advice beyond the normal pup education? Heard they're pretty demanding and cheeky if youre not strictly holding the dominance.
Also general corgi thread
>>
Just keep in mind that they were herding dogs, so don't underestimate the amount of exercise and stimulation they need to be good boys and girls.
>>
>corgi
>~

kys my man
>>
File: 1476088013403.gif (54KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1476088013403.gif
54KB, 320x240px
>>2240134
Yep, they want to be challenged and need regular exhaustion. That's the only thing I'm worrying about so far, since I'm pretty lazy. But it would do me good, too.

>>2240171
Sure, maybe later
Sorry for not following your personal writing codex
>>
>>2240130
>Heard they're pretty demanding and cheeky if you're not strictly holding the dominance

Nah, that's bull shit like it is with basically every dog breed. My Corgi is chill as fuck, literally all he wants to do is snuggle. He's completely content just sitting on my lap the entire day. He's also really low energy for a Corgi. If he doesn't go on a walk he's totally fine and won't care of wreck the house. He's basically the perfect dog.
Just something to be aware about Corgis is they're extremely susceptible to obesity. Be very careful about over feeding and excessive treats aren't a good idea. Going maybe 3-4 days of normal feeding and then fasting it a day is okay for them. Watch their weight very carefully.
>>
>>2240215
That's the behavior I'd favor with my dog, but nothing I can really choose or force. I'll ask the breeder about recommending me one of the more settled one, as far as possible at that age
>>
>>2240218
I realize mine is the exception, not the rule. They are working dogs, after all.
My last corgi was different. She was much more independent and unless you wanted to play fetch, which she would literally do for hours, she wasn't really that interested in what else was going on.
Every dog is different, but Corgis are definitely top tier in all categories.
>>
File: corgi_reading_with_glasses.jpg (86KB, 600x477px) Image search: [Google]
corgi_reading_with_glasses.jpg
86KB, 600x477px
>>2240223
Sure, every dog is different.
I'm preparing for the "worst", and maybe I'm lucky and he is chill af.
But I'd never give him away just because of that.
>>
>>2240214
Buying a dog to force yourself to change is a terrible idea. You most likely will not change and the dog could easily not fit into your life style.

Get a dog that is good for your currebt life style. Or change your life style for an active dog before getting one.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.