[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it possible to raise a dog so it doesnt stop every three meters

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 1461922687257.gif (2MB, 375x281px) Image search: [Google]
1461922687257.gif
2MB, 375x281px
Is it possible to raise a dog so it doesnt stop every three meters to sniff some other dogs piss?

I never owned a dog, but I sometimes walk my sisters terrier. I live in the city and its awful. That little piss fetish asshole just keeps on stopping all the time.

I'm aware that its most likely too late for this one, but I'm just wondering.
>>
>>2240081
Let him sniff. That is how he knows whats up with the area. It is like twitter for dogs. Unless he is sniffing trash, poo or something bad then teach him leave it.
Get some small chunks of chicken, hot dog or whatevs the dog really likes. Every time he sniffs something he shouldn't pull out the treat as soon as he stops sniffing it say leave it and have him come get the treat. Praise then repeat.
>>
>>2240154
Pretty much this.

It is fun for the doggo. Let him sniff and have a fun time. Walkies are supposed to be fun fun times.

That being said, if he digs in at a spot and wants to spend all day there, give them a happy "Let's go!" and just tug him along. He will eventually learn "let's go" means "oh shit time to keep moving or anon eill make me move".
>>
A dog might not be for you.
>>
>>2240168
I think it would be fine if I wasnt living in the city where its all piss.
Its not bad when I take him for a walk in the forest or whatever.

>>2240166
Yeah I think thats where my sister fucked up raising him, because he refuses to move on no matter what I do.
>>
I let my dog sniff because it's interesting to her and I don't want to interrupt. As soon as she finishes sniffing and her attention is back on me, I click and treat. So she gets to sniff but she learns to focus on me during walks.
>>
>>2240253
Is he neutered?
>>
>>2240257
No. Pretty sure he's gay too, or at least bi.
>>
>>2240081
Depends on if you want to be the sort who walks your dog or the sort that lets your dog walk you. Looks like most of these anons are in the latter camp. No real surprise there.
>>
>>2240264
Letting my dog sniff because she enjoys it and it's healthy mental stimulation doesn't mean I'm letting her walk me. I'm still in charge of the walk.
>>
>>2240260
If he still has his balls it will make him want to sniff and sent mark more. I bet he lifts his leg every few seconds in a walk.
>>
>>2240253
Did you read my post?

>That being said, if he digs in at a spot and wants to spend all day there, give them a happy "Let's go!" and just tug him along. He will eventually learn "let's go" means "oh shit time to keep moving or anon eill make me move".

If you lack the strength to make a terrier move, then you need to go to a gym desperately.
>>
>>2240264

>chu gotta dom-ee-nate chur dog, mang!
>>
>>2240281
I dont want to break him. He always fights back when I tug him.
Sometimes when he wants to turn a 30minute walk into a two hour walk I just pick him up and carry him home.
>>
>>2240081

He stops because you let him stop.

Keep moving, and it'll get the message soon enough, even if it takes dragging his ass along the sidewalk for awhile.
>>
>>2240286
Then be gentle? I tug along my 18 pound little spaniel mix when she takes too long and I have yet to break her.

Put him on a harness (small dogs should be on one anyways) and use just as much force as you have to use to make him stop sniffing and rejoin you. Dogs are tough. Unless you are bring malicious, you won't break him.
>>
>>2240291
this. he'll move before he lets himself actually get hurt.
>>
>>2240284
Man, sometimes I don't mind letting my dog wander and let her make small decisions, but sometimes I just want to go on a long walk with her to tire her a bit and walk at a brisk pace without stopping every few meters.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.