[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Post shit-tier dog breeds and talk about why you hate them and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 116
Thread images: 14

File: Pitbulls_are_gay.jpg (10KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
Pitbulls_are_gay.jpg
10KB, 259x194px
Post shit-tier dog breeds and talk about why you hate them and their flaws.

Pitbulls, They're the shittiest breed i've ever seen in my life. They're violent, vicious and dangerous little shits who were bred to fight but idiots still own them as pets.
>>
>>2239742
I agree.
The only thing worse than Shit Bulls are their retarded insecure owners.
>>
I love memes. Though realistically my choice is GSD, possibly also high mixes of GSDs.
>>
>>2239742
Are Caucasian Shepherds shit tier dogs?
Or are their owners usually retarded? Literally 90% of their videos in youtube are LOOK AT THIS BIG DOG FIGHTING SOMETHING
>>
>>2239782
Seconding GSDs. Their owners tend to have a complex too.
>>
>>2239742

Anything ever described as a wolfdog.
>>
>>2239742
Pitbulls were genetically designed by violent men to be vicious

Yes you can get a pit bull to act sweet for a while, but you never know when they will snap. It's in their blood, more so than any other breed
>>
>>2239789
I hate them, a lot. I've known maybe one or two 'good ones'. I've known x10 better pitbulls.
I know they can be amazing dogs too. I don't live in some ghetto as fuck place but anyone I've ever known except two people with GSDs were great dogs. A close friend and co-worker I have has one too. It took a good three weeks of me coming over, him screaming at the dog and raising a school collar to threaten it for him to calm down. Now that he knows me I like him. He is patience with their kids. I feel so bad for him. I'm sure he would be amazing in other hands. I also used to be a groomer and also worked at a doggy day care. GSDs and chows(though rare to show up) were the worst. Everyone gets them thinking they will 'protect them' and has been total shits.

I've met only two pitbulls that were shits. One as a kid who didn't let me go onto the bus and another that wasn't mean but it was the most Ill behaved, hyper active thing I've ever met. While that was fine with people, their GSD needed a reinforced door to lock behind.

I feel good most pitbulls I know are owned by old people. Theyre chill. They walk as slow as their owners. I have one at death's door due to age. I love pits. Mine is 14, never harmed a soul and has visited many retirement homes but despite having one most I see are too hyper. Even in mines old age once you tell her it's time to play she fucking loses it in a sudden burst of energy. Tell her to stop and she immediately lays down and that's it. Admittingly I don't think we trained her that well either. I have a lot of experience with dogs. I just feel bad I'm biased against GSDs, and the fact I've never met a violent pitbull when everyone hates them makes me scratch my head. /an/ memes aside. I lived in many urban, white trash and city areas so maybe I'm just lucky they haven't been ruined for me.
>>
>>2239795
GSDs too?
>>
File: Shit that.png (11KB, 456x212px) Image search: [Google]
Shit that.png
11KB, 456x212px
>>2239806
Pic related
>>
>>2239811

If their neurotic, asshole owner describes them as a wolfdog, sure. To be fair, it's not the dogs I hate as much as it is the owners.
>>
File: Double_D_Ed.jpg (124KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Double_D_Ed.jpg
124KB, 640x480px
>>2239824
why'd you draw Edd
>>
>>2239806
I work at a shelter, and I've only seen one GSD that was able to be adopted out, and it was a puppy. All the others were aggressive as fuck and had to be put down. The worst cases were the ones that pretend to be your friend, and then attack you when you have your back turned. I've seen that happen so much. One GSD that was almost adopted just seemed to snap and sent multiple people to the ER and had to be shot dead. Quite a few of the GSDs that attack, we end up euthanizing ASAP and removing the head for rabies test, just because the dogs are too dangerous to keep for the live 10 day quarantine.
>>
>>2239826
>If their neurotic, asshole owner describes them as a wolfdog, sure.
They have been referred to as wolfdogs (Alsatian wolfdogs) in the past becasue there is some woolf blood in them.
>>
Pugs.

Because everything. They are a tapeworm-riddle smear of shit on the wall of canine genetics and lineage.
>>
>>2239824
>Buzzfeed

Doesn't surprise me that that trash website would do a piece on Shit Bulls.
>>
>>2239806
Pitbulls are "chill" until they snap for no reason and maul another animal or person

There's a reason they lead attack statistics

A GSD may bite but a pit bull will bite, dig in, and not stop till you or it are greviously injured or dead
>>
>>2239835
>The worst cases were the ones that pretend to be your friend, and then attack you when you have your back turned

That's exactly what pit bulls do by nature

According to expert Randall Lockwood, pit bulls are also liars. In a 2004 law enforcement training video, taped when Lockwood was vice president for research and educational outreach for the Humane Society of the United States (HSUS), he shares the following story:
"Fighting dogs lie all the time. I experienced it first hand when I was investigating three pit bulls that killed a little boy in Georgia. When I went up to do an initial evaluation of the dog's behavior, the dog came up to the front of the fence, gave me a nice little tail wag and a "play bow" -- a little solicitation, a little greeting. As I got closer, he lunged for my face."
If a pit bull can fool an expert such as Lockwood, how can the average citizen anticipate a pit bull's future action? In a separate example, animal behavioral expert Peter Borchelt was sued after the pit bull he was training for a client "suddenly" attacked an ex-fireman. After encountering Gabriel Febbraio on the street and assuring him that the pit bull was friendly, the dog broke free from Borchelt and attacked Febbraio in the groin. The jury awarded Febbraio $1 million dollars.
>>
>>2239856
>There's a reason they lead attack statistics
You mean these statistics? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fatal_dog_attacks_in_the_United_States
Even if those very few cases you could describe as "snapped for no reason" probably just lack information.
>>
>>2239862
>Even if
I wanted to write "Even if there are a few cases"
>>
>>2239862
What statistics would I be talking about

Pitbulls commit the most grevious maulings and killings of humans

>they didn't snap for no reason

So you're one of those who blames the victims huh?
>>
Shiba inus. Ugly, stubborn, vicious, and mean. Never met one that wasn't an asshole.

I also hate french bulldogs.
>>
>>2239866
I'm the one who blames the owners. I don't say that pitbulls aren't more prone to agression than many other breeds, but it's still the owners' fault if they don't acknowledge this agression. As for the statistics, just read it. Most of the cases are owners leaving their babies with dogs or kids wandering into a guard dog's terriotory.

>They found that the most common contributing factors were: absence of an able-bodied person to intervene, no familiar relationship of victims with dogs, owner failure to neuter dogs, compromised ability of victims to interact appropriately with dogs (e.g. mental disabilities), dogs kept isolated from regular positive human interactions versus family dogs (e.g. dogs kept chained in backyards), owners' prior mismanagement of dogs, and owners' history of abuse or neglect of dogs. Furthermore, they found that in 80% of the incidents, 4 or more of the above factors co-occurred.
>>
>>2239835
I worked at a shelter once and it was some shit for highschool. I felt like they shielded us from a lot since we only worked a few hours. I don't automatically think a dog that grows, nips, or is obviously unfortable with a certain situation needs to put down. So many dogs are subjected to bullshit that they aren't used too or never exposed too. Again, this one GSD I hated that wanted to fucking kill me ended up being OK. He can do A LOT better in a different home. I dont want to put it against him. It's not his fault. Most dog owners are fucking shit. Most people don't realize the meme that is 'its not the dog, it's the owners'.

Pitbulls will snap blahblah. I believe that many breeds are prone to some things, having dealt with herding and bait dogs. Can a collie be a house dog, yes. Some lines have been so bred into it that breeders will not send them out to your regular folk. It's just fucking shit that people cannot understand it's ok if a dog is not 100% ok with something. One of my three dogs is obviously uncomfortable with people screeching and yelling up to her. She has not bit no one. Adopted her old, she meets many new people. She has never bitten but I'm not taking the risk. She shows obvious signs of wanting to leave, yet she is patient. Reading dogs is not hard at all. They are not robots. Rattles me bones but I also think I'm biased because I don't think most people try to improve their dogs.
>>
>>2239870
This is the same, the problem is in the owners, they just buy the mem dog without thinking. And no, Shibas are not ugly, they are quite cute and that's the source of all the problems with them actually. They are not viscious either, they are just your regular Spitz type dogs.

>Never met one that wasn't an asshole.
I have, of course, they belonged to a professional handler and breeder.
>>
I love pittbulls. I have one myself and his name is Brutus. He's a little protective at times but it's not his fault he doesn't know any better.
>>
>>2239887
I myself hate chocolate labs, there are so many here, people just buy them because they're fashionable. Good thing that you got a nice pitbull and not one of those.
>>
>>2239891
it's not the same brutus, that brutus the pibble is a girl.
>>
>>2239886
Why are you trying to make a rebuttal? Let anon share his opinion
>>
>>2239742
>>
>>2239742
>Pitbulls, They're the shittiest breed i've ever seen in my life.

"pitbull" is not a breed. I love how the pitbull haters are the ones that consistently get even the most basic knowledge about dogs wrong. You people should really just stick to cats or something.
>>
Pitbull haters are literally the most insecure people on earth

Literally no source on the "ONE DAY THEY WILL SNAP AND MURDER YOU!!11!11" tale

My girls on pic related
>>
File: Snapchat-4793392507494884671.jpg (933KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-4793392507494884671.jpg
933KB, 1440x2560px
>>2240064
>>
File: 1448373891361.png (140KB, 1007x674px) Image search: [Google]
1448373891361.png
140KB, 1007x674px
>>2240064
http://www.dogsbite.org/dog-bite-statistics-fatality-citations.php

Surprise! Pit bulls and rottendogs.
>>
File: 1466814334269.jpg (73KB, 720x714px) Image search: [Google]
1466814334269.jpg
73KB, 720x714px
>>2239903
>>
>>2240064
I don't think they're vicious or prone to snapping. Maybe their cues are more subtle, as it's a preferred trait for pit dogs, but I mostly dislike them because they're extremely energetic, clumsy, and oh yeah take up way more space at shelters than other dogs. They're a problem breed, for whatever reason.

And again it isn't really the dogs I dislike, it's the unwarranted trend/popularity which led to such an overabundance and neglect of what in general is a pretty high maintenance dog. Also they're ugly and the ones with small beady eyes remind me of backwater chinks.
>>
>>2240064
>>2240066

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/305270428_Characteristics_of_1616_Consecutive_Dog_Bite_Injuries_at_a_Single_Institution

"Our data confirm what detractors of the breed and child advocates suggest -- that, with rare exceptions, children and pit bulls do not mix well. Of the 8 studies listed in Table 5, 6 report pit bulls as the most prevalent breed, and in many cases, they inflicted the most severe injuries. A large study at Children’s Hospital of Pennsylvania showed that over a 12-year period, 25% of injuries were caused by a pit bull, and two-thirds of those required an operation. Our data were consistent with others, in that an operative intervention was more than 3 times as likely to be associated with a pit bull injury than with any other breed. Half of the operations performed on children in this study as well as the only mortality resulted from a pit bull injury. Our data revealed that pit bull breeds were more than 2.5 times as likely as other breeds to bite in multiple anatomical locations. Although other breeds may bite with the same or higher frequency, the injury that a pit bull inflicts per bite is often more severe. Consistent with these findings is that of Bini et al, who reported on 228 patients and found that attacks by pit bulls resulted in a higher injury severity score, lower Glasgow coma score, higher risk of death, and higher hospital charges than attacks by any other breed."
>>
>>2240064
https://www.researchgate.net/publication/279308237_Ocular_Trauma_From_Dog_Bites_Characterization_Associations_and_Treatment_Patterns_at_a_Regional_Level_I_Trauma_Center_Over_11_Years

"Most alarming is the observation that when attacks come from unfamiliar dogs, the pit bull was responsible for 60% and 63% of all injuries and ocular injuries, respectively."

"The current study provides strong evidence that pit bulls are indeed highly aggressive, albeit unknown whether by nature or nurture, and are in fact the most common culprits of serious pediatric ocular injuries."
>>
>>2239951
Pit bull is a widely accepted umbrella term that refers to several breeds you dunce
>>
>>2240064
" Pit bulls were most frequently responsible, accounting for 39% (83/213) of incidents in which dog breed was documented."

"Among the 11 patients with the highest AIS (3–5), Pit bulls were responsible in 45.5% (5/11) of cases, followed by mixed breeds in 18.2% (2/11) of cases. Pit bulls were also responsible for 38% (11/29) of all head, neck or face bites."

"Dog familiarity did not confer safety, and in this series, Pit bulls were most frequently responsible. These findings have great relevance for child safety."
>>
>>2240064
http://www.amjoto.com/article/S0196-0709(14)00205-1/abstract

"Of the more than 8 different breeds identified, one-third were caused by pit bull terriers and resulted in the highest rate of consultation (94%) and had 5 times the relative rate of surgical intervention. Unlike all other breeds, pit bull terriers were relatively more likely to attack an unknown individual (+31%), and without provocation (+48%). "
>>
>>2240064
https://www.researchgate.net/publication/51034290_Mortality_Mauling_and_Maiming_by_Vicious_Dogs

"Attacks by pit bulls are associated with higher morbidity rates, higher hospital charges, and a higher risk of death than are attacks by other breeds of dogs. Strict regulation of pit bulls may substantially reduce the US mortality rates related to dog bites."
>>
>>2240064
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19644273

"Five hundred fifty-one patients aged 5 months to 18 years were treated in the emergency department after suffering dog bite injuries during the study period. ... More than 30 different offending breeds were documented in the medical records. The most common breeds included pit bull terriers (50.9 percent), Rottweilers (8.9 percent), and mixed breeds of the two aforementioned breeds (6 percent)."
>>
>>2240080
>>2240079
What does this say about pitbulls that lived with owners for some time randomly snapping and attacking?
These are attacks in general
>>
>>2240077
Ref: http://www.jpedsurg.org/article/S0022-3468(14)00584-3/abstract
>>
This pitbull-hating anon is really a sad, sad individual.

Probably had a scary pit episode as a child
>>
>>2240073
>>2240075
>>2240082
>>2240080
>>2240077

Literally nothing about their "random snaps", just attack reports and graphs

You tried anon, good night
>>
>>2240086
Most of the stories I see start with "she was such a sweet dog, we don't know what happened"
>>
>>2240083
>and the gold for mental gymnastics goes to

Golden retrievers are many, many times more common than pit bulls, yet account for almost zero dog attacks. Are you saying pit bull owners are just naturally shitty dog owners, while goldie owners are just naturally awesome dog owners? Awesome dog owners are drawn to own all dog breeds except pits and rots, and somehow shitty dog owners are drawn almost exclusively to pits and rots? See, 'cause I think it's obviously the dog, like retrievers love to retrieve and herding dogs love to herd, pits and rots love to kill children and attack adults.

But then again -- why not both, Dora? Pits and the people who own them should both be put down.
>>
>>2240085
Statistically, a scary pit episode would by far be the most common scary dog occurrence.

>>2240086
See: >>2240088
>>
>>2240086
>random snaps

I think "deliberate snaps" is scarier. Pit bulls aren't chaotic and random -- they're actively, psychologically driven toward violence. There's nothing random about it. Pits aren't schizophrenic. Pits attack with premeditation like murderers.
>>
>>2239879
With the correct care, proper resources, and time, really any dog can be trained barring medical issues. The problem is, especially in a shelter setting, is time spent, the risk, and if anyone would even adopt the dog after so much time and resources are put into it. You have to also think about dogs who are more adoptable that may have to be euthanized because you want to work on one bad egg.

It's really a game of weighing the pros and cons. Because of that, the bad cases very rarely become adoptable unless they are sent to a rescue.

>>2240085
I'm pretty sure the real hate is coming from outside of /an/, maybe /pol/ or /r9k/ or Facebook. Because any /an/on that has been here long enough (even if they aren't interested in animals) pick up information about dogs with the constant multiple dog threads up.
>>
>>2240088
>Golden retrievers are many, many times more common than pit bulls, yet account for almost zero dog attacks
Reported.

They account for almost zero REPORTED attacks.
>>
File: 1476210695331.png (38KB, 365x214px) Image search: [Google]
1476210695331.png
38KB, 365x214px
>>2239742
This guy is just baiting at this point and I guarantee its just one or two samefagging this entire pitbull hate in this thread.
>>
>>2240176
reported attack = has to be treated = serious
that makes it worse anon, not better
>>
>>2240179
Thanks for bumping the thread, Anon
>>
>>2240180
Not true. I reported a chihuahua attack on my nephew because 1) I didn't know the dog and 2) owner refused to show proof of rabies. Most people don't think of it, but if you get bit by an animal without an utd rabies vaccine, it should be reported so that is the animal can stay in 10 day quarantine and you can avoid a rabies shot. However, the ACO refused to come down to put the animal in quarantine because it was a small dog. Even the police chief told me to fuck off when I called him about his officer not doing his job. So my sister had to spend $500 for a fucking rabies shot when out neighbor could have vaccinated his dog for $10. Or kept it on his property for free.

TL;DR You also have to report attacks if the dog isn't UTD on rabies to save yourself half a grand. However it doesn't matter if the dog weighs less than 30lbs because no one will care.
>>
>>2240180
No. Not true.

In most golden attacks, the dog is quietly euthanized without any fuss made of it. Goldens attack a lot, usually because they are family dogs and little kids are often not taught how to read a dog's body language. So the little kid wants to give Jake a hug, but Jake is in flight mode and bites his face off. It happens, and you are unforgivably retarded if you deny it.

Another aspect on goldem attacks is these dogs uusally attack family members or family friends, which is another reason why they are so underreporred. "Oh my god I have no ideal why Jake just bit my nephew. Oh my god. Let's just keep things quiet and he qill go straight to the shelter".

You have to recall dog bite statistics are based usually off of reported attacks by the media. The media doesn't give two fucks when a golden degloves an 8 year old. They only care when pibbles or rotties do. The "high bite breeds" simply have more visibility than stereotypical family dogs will ever have.

Dog bite statistics are really problematic and can barely be trusted. Some lines of pits do have aggressive tendencies, but the massive, MASSVIE number of dogs which can be classed as pitbulls, plus the tendency od the media to overreport their attacks, probably is why they are on the top of bite lists. If you could create a magical list of every dog bite, pits would probably still be high, but not massive like they are now.
>>
>>2240087

>dog was whale-eyeing
>dog has tiff body posture
>dog had pinned back ears (harder to tell if the ears are cropped)
>dog was lip-licking or yawning
>dog was panting despite not being overheating
>owners ignore these signals and push the dog anyways

They 'don't know what happened' because they weren't paying attention.
>>
Blaming a dog for an owner's lack of care and training is a cheap cop-out for lazy people to allow them to feel better about their own ownership style.
>>
>>2240189
That's a big post with a lot of unfalsifiable claims.
>>
File: ZqUHi0b.jpg (27KB, 600x733px) Image search: [Google]
ZqUHi0b.jpg
27KB, 600x733px
>>2240185
>anecdotal evidence

>>2240189
pic related
>>
>>2240189
And none of this matters because they still cause the vast majority of serious injuries.
>>
>>2239874
you idiot it doesn't matter that it's the owner's fault. people are still being killed by them, you admitted yourself they are more prone to aggression.

the problem is that the owners can parade there stupid pits around people who want nothing to do with it, and they can get hurt.

like people with pet alligators (if they have a permit and stuff of course) is fine because they keep them to themselves, but if you started walking that gator down the street and bringing it near people it would not be ok. hell, pitbulls are a lot more prone to aggression than an alligator that is out of the water.

there needs to be something that limits people from buying shit bulls as easily as any other dog

I don't understand your train of thought. a pitbull with a bad owner will be worse and another breed with a bad owner. you can't just say "oh uh muh owner" and then leave the problem alone.

>oh it only kills babies because there are no adults around to stop it

what? is that supposed to excuse it? is that supposed to be a good thing?
>>
>>2240066
why the hell would you even buy pitbulls without the intent to look big and tough, or for something violent? they are ugly as shit in both personality and looks and there is no reason to choose them over another dog.
>>
File: Pit Bull.jpg (4KB, 186x186px) Image search: [Google]
Pit Bull.jpg
4KB, 186x186px
wtf my pit bull is great with the family and never bit anyone, he's chill 24/7 and is probably the smartest pet I've had

pic related
>>
>>2240179
>announcing reports is a bannable offense
>>
>>2240254
I wouldn't say they're ugly. At least the American pit bull terrier, it's well-built and looks good honestly.
>>
>>2240189
There is no media conspiracy against pit bulls, this is another myth spread by apologists

Pit bulls have the highest propensity and frequency of any dog breed to be involved in a severe mauling. Media members understand this and are quick to report such attacks. The reason why "Child Suffers Dog Bite" does not dominate dog attack news headlines is due to the lower degree of injury inflicted. In 2012, the death of 2-day old Howard Nicholson Jr., who was killed by the family's newly adopted husky, captured over 200,000 news headlines and web page results.

In 2009, a writer from the British Columbia publication, Surrey Leader, commented on the "media conspiracy" claim voiced by pit bull advocacy groups. In a charming, yet biting piece titled, "Belligerent Bassets?" writer Andrew Holota, points out the ridiculous nature of this claim:
"Yessir, there are oodles of poodles popped by cops all the time, and the press does not report it.
And attacks by psychotic shih tzus? Covered up. Muzzled, so to speak.
Children savaged by Scottish terriers? Quashed. Hushed puppies, if you will. Oh yes, the conspiracy runs deep indeed."

What is true is that there is an absence of media regarding the collective damage inflicted by the pit bull breed since the early 1980s. In a recent 11-year period, from 2005 to 2015, pit bulls killed 232 Americans, about one citizen every 17 days. By 2018, pit bulls are projected to have mauled to death 338 Americans since 1998, the year the CDC stopped tracking fatal dog attacks by breed, and over 415 people since 1980. Major news agencies are AWOL on these important issues.
>>
>>2240258
>implying rules are enforced
>>
>>2240297
touché
>>
Blue fucking heelers. Fuck them and their ankle-biting. Fuck their shitty owners who go "oh, teehee, they're trying to herd you!"

The one bad dog experience I ever had was with a blue heeler. She fucking acted playful and then bit my fucking face and dragged me.
>>
>>2240293
>Pit bulls have the highest propensity and frequency of any dog breed to be involved in a severe mauling.
Oh look, a classification of several different types of dogs all grouped together commit more mauling every year opposed to a single breed of dogs. Who would have thought?
>Media members understand this and are quick to report such attacks
Only because it generates headlines anon. Which is why dogs that vaguely look like a bulldog automatically become pitbulls when it's time to get a viewers attention. A pitbull attack will generate more ratings than a boxer that does the same.
I'm not even an american pitbull apologist, I know full well what they are capable of and would only recommend them to the most experienced of owners.
I believe the dogs found in urban settings and white trash areas probably deserve to be euthanized thanks to shitty owners and thier mistakes. I believe terrier genes added to these dogs caused most of the problems, resulting in an unstable dog.
Until we see improvements in the classification and reporting of these dogs with regards to attacks I feel like we are wasting time and energy when it comes to solving this particular breeds problems as well.
>>
File: maxresdefault2222.jpg (104KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault2222.jpg
104KB, 1280x720px
>>2239742
>violent, vicious and dangerous little shits who were bred to fight

Which is what make them great guard dogs. They are also very robust and can tolerate a lot of damage, which is why I even take mines boar hunting.
By the way, pit-bulls actually do make great pets, if you know how to raise and train them.
>>
>>2239742
No, they're none of those things. Retard
>>
>>2240836
You take dogs boar hunting? I have a few questions -

How often do the dogs get moderately to severely injured? Are there any precautions taken? What are the dogs trained to do (go for throat, bite and shake, drag down etc)? Do you wait for the dogs to take care of it, or do you dispatch it once the dogs have it down? What's the appeal for using dogs boar hunting? Is the hide/meat still usable?
>>
No such thing as a shit-tier dog, just shot-tier owners. That's why pit bulls attack; because it just so happens that a huge amount of irresponsible and idiotic people are attracted to them.
>>
>>2239886
Shibas suck, they're ugly and dumb
>>
>>2239742
What you posted us a American bully. This kind of pit bull ain't aggressive.
>>
>>2239796
There are other dogs 100 times more aggressive. A good dog breeder will cull the man eaters. A pit bull should not be person aggressive and be dog aggressive. But not people.
>>
>>2239856
Gsd and Belgium shepherds can lock too. The whole thing is if you get a dog know what you are getting and train it. Dogs are bad because the owners.
>>
>>2239858
Shitty trainers. I have trained many aggressive pit bulls. Most were scared little bitches. My dogs are not cowardly at all and I can have them out around people. In my yard they will attack though. Pit bulls don't tend to fake shit.
>>
File: IMG_0437.jpg (509KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0437.jpg
509KB, 1280x960px
Raised this dog from 3 months, abandoned in the street and hit by a car, and in 3 years I have not had any reason to believe he is capable of causing injury to anything. Not so much as a nip. He's the most respectful, trustworthy creature Ive ever met. He's even friendly with complete strangers. Thats fine because this is not my guard dog hes my dog bud
>>
>>2240086
>>2240085
they wuz gud boyz
they dindu nuffin
>>
>>2242353
GSDs are harmless, gentle, and intelligent. They do not maul people like shitbulls.

Stop spreading misinformation.
>>
>>2242431
Anybody that spends any amount of time working with dogs, whether vet, animal control, or even grooming will tell you that GSD's are by far the most aggressive breed they have to deal with.
>>
>>2242431
I've seen a few episodes of cops where their GSD k9 is sent in after someone. They really don't seem like they lock down in the same fashion pits are notorious for. Still though, they're brutally strong dogs, there's a reason they're almost extensively used as guard dogs or in k9 units
>>
>>2242459
Not true. Stop spreading shit, shitbull apologist.

>>2242512
>there's a reason they're almost extensively used as guard dogs or in k9 units
Must be why they are regarded as one of the most gentle, kind, and loving family dogs you can possibly adopt?
>>
>>2242519
>Adopted GSD
>Kind, gentle, loving
See >>2239835

I could think of a dozen safer options you could find in a shelter, not including anything that could be labeled a pit bull
>>
>>2242526
>Adopting dogs from a shelter
There is your first mistake. Only dumb nu-male cucks adopt.

>wanting a dog another man literally viewed as trash
I bet you would be okay with a woman who had a child from a previous marriage too.

C U C K
U
C
K
>>
>>2240189

Where are the studies to back up these claims? You're throwing out a lot of assumptions with no back up besides your feelings on the subject.
>>
>>2240227

Animal behaviorists have already reported that pitbulls are excellent at "lying" by exhibiting play behavior prior to attacking.
>>
>>2240255
Where did you get that picture of my pitbull?
>>
>>2240072

ugly? see >>2242367

they are overbred. thats not their fault. and the trend now is reversing, to stop people from breeding them and get people to adopt them, and its having alot of success.
>>
>>2239742
I fucking hate pit bulls because everybody has a dam pitbull.

You go to their house and they start barking like fucking monkey's going apeshit and IT'S ALWAYS A FUCKING PIT BULL!

They're this trend I fucking hate. I swear, only pretentious pieces of shit own those wretched things.
>>
File: bruh.jpg (134KB, 764x764px) Image search: [Google]
bruh.jpg
134KB, 764x764px
I personally don't care for any dog that historically served no purpose other than "pet". I like work dogs.

I don't really care, people can like whatever they want but why risk it? I wonder what Pit Bull owners think they need to prove by keeping and constantly defending a dog breed that has all the statistics stacked against it.

As well more often than not the Pit Bull argument is always "My dog has never hurt me and loves me." but it's not about you. It's usually about that 8 year old you didn't see while walking your dog that pulls his tail, or the older woman walking her own dog or going out for a jog.

The idea that "If I care for the dog properly and it isn't unnecesarily provoked or stressed then it won't attack" is not good enough. A good dog breed is one that can deal with a bucket of stress and bullshit and still never think to bite.

Unless you want a guard dog. Then it's fine whatever.
>>
>>2242431

My local vet doesn't work with unmuzzled GSDs anymore. He also doesn't have half of his nose anymore.
>>
>>2242431
https://youtu.be/ODhgR7eT1V8
>>
>>2243882
That is a pretty shitty argument. People can have whatever dog they want so long as they take proper care of it. People will obviously defend their dog especially when it could be banned and killed within it's lifetime. Of course someone's argument about whether their dog is aggressive is going to stem from their dog's actions, and not from other dog's actions. It's silly to say your dog is fine because other people's dogs are fine.
>>
>>2244098
your vet should know better
>>
>>2242519
>Not true. Stop spreading shit, shitbull apologist.
You've been called out on the fact that GSD's are anything but the loving, innocent breed you claim. Sources have been provided proving you wrong.
Yet you insist on making an emotional claim, and you are essentially holding your breath until you turn blue. All while accusing me of being a pitbull apologist when I never said one word about the breed.
Are these types of people common to this board?
>>
>>2244116

Oh, I know. It's totally his fault for not reading the dog's body language correctly. The point I'm trying to make is that claiming that all GSDs are gentle and intelligent is just as fucking stupid as saying that all pit bulls are gentle and intelligent. You portray a dog as a harmless baby that wouldn't hurt anyone, people stop paying attention because they assume the dog is safe, and next thing you know you're missing half of your face.
>>
Daily reminder to take your dog out for some exercise and a short training session, lest your dog become a shit.
>>
>>2244118

Hating bully breeds is partially an /an/ meme, partially a cheap tactic to foist blame onto the dog for the owner's lack of competence.
>>
File: pug.jpg (91KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
pug.jpg
91KB, 1280x720px
>all this pitbull hating

>meanwhile pugs
>although adorable, their entire existence is literal suffering of not being able to to breathe right, to the point of almost asphyxiating in sleep and possibly needing surgery
>eyes can pop out
>doesn't even have husky-tier coat for winter survival yet can't handle mildly hot weather
>>
>>2244115
My point was that if a dog is backed by statistics to have a high risk of hurting a stranger no matter how you raise it or how it behaves towards YOU then it's kind of shitty and selfish to actively keep and force them on society. The entire group of "Pit Bull" breeds should be actively culled of violence or removed from the earth all together. Same goes for any dog species that's serving as a pet.
>>
>>2244188

>my friend had a pug that had an eye pop out
>I had to hold him still while she drove him to the vet
>he was panicking and starting to suffocate
>horrified for pugs ever since
>>
Dog groomer here. Cocker spaniels should not fucking exist. 90% of them come in with green shit dripping out of their ears and their white trash owners seem fucking oblivious. I can walk into the shop and smell if there's been a cocker spaniel in there in the last 24 hours just because of those fucking ears.

A close second is German Shepherds, but mostly because of the owners not training them. I've had to send three dogs home in the last two years because of aggression issues, and they were all GSDs. The ones that get training and exercise aren't too bad.
>>
>>2244198
So why not ban rotties, huskies, akitas, chows, dobies, and other dog breeds that are consistently towarda the top along with pits?
>>
>>2244209
why crate training is important: the post
>>
>>2244272

I don't think his crate would have stopped him from clawing at his eye, anon. That's why I had to hold him.
>>
I actually kind of like GSDs. I've never met one that wasn't sweet.

Never been fond of Mastiffs. As a general rule, I wouldn't own any giant breed of dog just because of how short their lifespans are, and that makes me sad. But Mastiffs are just so huge and it freaks me out.
>>
I have a half GSD half Aussie Shep. What's the likelihood my dog is going to be aggressive given how sweet Aussies are?

So far we've been socializing her with a lot of people and other animals, the only thing she really attacks is my girlfriend's pet Sun Conure, and that's cause the asshole bird flies right at her neck and claws the fur.
>>
>>2244198
>No matter how you raise it
Studies show that how the dog is trained/cared for plays a role in dogs that bite, not breed.
>>
>>2244240
>>2244240
Can confirm, I always groan when we get a cocker in. Boy did they name them right. Never met a cocker spaniel that wasn't completely trash. However, they are smaller and do less damage than GSDs so I still hold GSDs above cockers as far as terrible breeds go.
>>
>>2244240
>the owners of the dogs don't give a fuck about their dogs' health
>THIS FUCKING BREED SHOULD NOT EXIST!!!1!!11!
>oh but the GSDs' agression is still the owners' fault
Thread posts: 116
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.