[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>take my dog outside to shit >notice this opossum outside

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_3408.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3408.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>take my dog outside to shit
>notice this opossum outside
>scream at my dog to get inside
>opossum never moves
>get my dog inside and go back outside
>make a noise and toss a twig at it
>shuffles 7-9 feet over and starts walking in circles
>does this for 10 minutes
>I walk up to within 2 feet of it
>it just looks at me

Do you think I should put the thing down? Or is it just opposums being weird, I'd really hate to kill it but I also don't want it to needlessly suffer. I live in a rural area about 30 feet from the road.
>>
leave it alone, opossums are friends!
>>
>>2239278
They're just weird.
Leave it alone. It can't hurt your dog and they eat ticks.
>>
>>2239278
only 1 pct of possums captured test positive for rabies, so dont even worry about that
>>
>>2239278
Please tell me you are not this scared of an opossum. They're retarded animals, that sounds like perfectly normal behavior. If you really want to move it grab it by the scruff of the neck and the tail and bring it wherever, be gentle in case there's babies in the pouch.
>>
>>2239285
The fuck it cant, they can take an eye out if they feel up to it
>>
~95% (last I remember) of possums are immune to rabies.

Leave it be. Probably more scared of you... etc etc.
>>
>>2239285
They look like giant rats.
>>
File: excuse-me-wtf.jpg (64KB, 552x528px) Image search: [Google]
excuse-me-wtf.jpg
64KB, 552x528px
opossums play dead... you are saying you never heard the expression "playing opossum." ?

wow. How about you study an animals behavior before you spazz off into hyper-drive.
>>
>>2239278
>>2239278

>Helps prevent Lyme Disease by fucking up ticks

leave it alone you cunt.

leave rattlesnakes alone too. They help stop those shitty rats from spreading those nasty ticks
>>
>>2239328
but they also spread EPM to horses
>>
>>2239389
Rattlesnakes eat such a small percentage of rodents that they're worthless for pest control.
>mice can reproduce at 30 days old
>Litter of 5-6
>let's say half are females.
>first batch- 3 females.
>month later those 3 each have 3 females.
>month later etc etc.
After a year you're at a half million offspring- and that's just first litters, not including multiple litters from each individual.
A snake eats what, 50-100 a year?
If there are rattlesnakes, then there's also kingsnakes, rat snakes, corn snakes and more that will fill in the ecological void if rattlesnakes are eradicated.
Coyotes, foxes and birds of prey are the main predators.

Feel free to kill rattlesnakes.
>>
>>2239278
fuck off opossums don't do anything.

>>2239568
no don't kill rattlesnakes they just mind their own business you fuckwad
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.