[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Quick question: I want to get a cat but not sure if my apartment

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: cats.jpg (22KB, 592x304px) Image search: [Google]
cats.jpg
22KB, 592x304px
Quick question: I want to get a cat but not sure if my apartment is the right environment for one. It's a smallish studio loft apartment with no windows. Is this an OK place for a cat? I am home a lot of the time because I'm in school but just worried the lack of a window is not good for keeping a cat.

Also the only way up to the upper level is via a ladder, could I get one of those tall cat tower things so that he/she can climb up to me when I sleep?
>>
>>2239253

Yes but not a kitten. Rescue an older cat.
>>
>>2239260
>Rescue an older cat.
Oh yeah that was the plan. I live in a city so lots of shelters. Wanted to get an older cat, something I don't have to worry about at night since I sleep somewhere that is probably not accessible.
>>
get a cat tree and it's okay. I agree that an older cat would be better.

tbqh I don't think that's an OK place for a human.
>>
>>2239264
>tbqh I don't think that's an OK place for a human
Yeah it blows, but it's half the rent of other places near me and all utilities are included. I will probably move next year though, figured I would be fine with no windows but it'll really start to get to me when winter comes and I can't stare at the comfy snow.
>>
>>2239266
just keep in mind it's harder and more expensive to move with a pet (unless you just don't tell your landlord). personally I need big windows or I get really depressed. of course it's overcast most the year here.

you could also build a cat tree if you're remotely handy. it would love the high vantage point of the loft, cats are all about that shit. you could probably even make a pretend window if it seems really bored- like a tv set to nature docs, or a fish tank.
>>
your apartment will stink but if you're into that go ahead
>>
Buy a lot of furniture and cat toys to enrich their areas ut would make the house feel bigger for the cat but i wouls personally recommend againts owning a cat in such a small apartment.

You can always have hamsters or fishes.
>>
>>2239260
This
>>
I think you should wait till you have somewhere with a window. I think your cat would be healthier with access to normal day/night light cycles.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.