[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I found this birb sitting next to a gate being completely apathetic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

File: 20161011_013547.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20161011_013547.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
I found this birb sitting next to a gate being completely apathetic and took it home after it didn't move for at least an hour (it didn't even try to get away when I picked it up).

At first glance it seems to be a seagull (of which we have quite a few crossing the country ATM).

I've tried feeding it sugar water, cat food and catfood mixed with bread but so far it seems not interested (likely due to the shock).

It flew across my room (and into the ceiling) when I tried to relocate it into a shoebox filled with birdsand, so obviously it's capable of flight already.
It bloodied it's head a bit, but its behaviour doesn't indicate a concusssion.

ATM it's sitting in a box filled with birdsand and has food ((dry cat food+ chunks of bread) mixed with water) and water next to it.

Any suggestionsvon what to do next? I've handraised several abandoned ravens before, but never a seagull.

Normally I'd release it after a few days, but since it's a migratory bird it's flock will have moved on already, so releasing it would mean certain death for it.
>>
>>2239188
um what kind of seagull? that looks nothing like the ones in the US.
>>
>>2239190
I'm from Germany, so I guess it's whatever kind of seagull lives in the north sea.
>>
how sure are you that's not a dove
>but since it's a migratory bird it's flock will have moved on already, so releasing it would mean certain death for it.
total nonsense
>>
>>2239192
I don't know. I still think it looks nothing like a seagull. I'm more inclined to say something like a dove.

You really shouldn't pick up random birds and take them home especially when you don't know the species.
>>
>>2239188
>At first glance it seems to be a seagull

It's a dove.

Set it free and let nature take its course.
>>
>>2239188
Have fun with your bird flu.
>>
>>2239188
>bread

also you should only feed bread occasionally. you make it sound like it is part of every meal. it will get moldy if you leave it in a bowl or something too.
>>
>>2239196
>>2239200
>how sure are you that's not a dove
I'm not. Seagull was my best bet due to the crooked beak and since they travel through this region around this time of the year.

>>but since it's a migratory bird 's flock will have moved on already, so releasing it would mean certain death for it.
>total nonsense
Please elaborate.

>>2239201
I also own a cat, so I can let nature take it's course whenever I get tired of it. I'll deliver Webm's of my cat slowly torturing it to death if that what get's you off.

>>2239204
Thank heavens I'm wearing my tinfoil hat 24/7. No way that satellite controlled government engineered electronanotech virus can get into my head and steal my secret for generating infinite energy.

>>2239206
I think U.S. americans and us Europeans have a different definition of what constitutes bread.
I'm talking about organic whole-grain rye bread.
That stuff is probably better quality than anything you muricans see during your whole lives.
Also I've only had the birb for a few hours If it doesn't like bread, i'll try birdseed instead.

I'm going to sleep now. I'll update on the birb's status tomorrow unless I forget.
>>
>>2239234
>Please elaborate.
that's stupid bullshit
>That stuff is probably better quality than anything
it's no better for a bird you stupid nazi
>>
>>2239188
>one less seagull
Honestly OP, I know it's an animal and nature board and all, but I'm still not seeing the problem here.
>>
>>2239259
it's not a seagull for one
>>
>>2239234
>That stuff is probably better quality than anything you muricans see during your whole lives.
Oh look, a nazi with a superiority complex.
Feed it pork, that is if you can still buy that in "your" country hans.
>>
Its a Mourning Dove

Literally fucking retarded. They get hit by cars here (IL) all the time.
>>
>>2239188
Looks like a Mourning Dove my man

They go
>cooOOOO. OOOO. OOOOO. OOO.

Don't know how you thought it's a seagul. If anything you would have thought "pigeon".
>>
>>2239234
>>how sure are you that's not a dove
>I'm not. Seagull was my best bet due to the crooked beak and since they travel through this region around this time of the year.
>>>but since it's a migratory bird 's flock will have moved on already, so releasing it would mean certain death for it.
>>total nonsense
>Please elaborate.
>I also own a cat, so I can let nature take it's course whenever I get tired of it. I'll deliver Webm's of my cat slowly torturing it to death if that what get's you off.
>I think U.S. americans and us Europeans have a different definition of what constitutes bread.
>I'm talking about organic whole-grain rye bread.
>That stuff is probably better quality than anything you muricans see during your whole lives.
Do that burd a favor and kill yourself
>>
>>2239188
Wen it dies are you goin to mourn it?
>>
>>2239251
>>2239357
Wew that post quality

>>2239265
I'm serious, Euro bread is 100x times better than the overprocessed garbage you eat in the U.S.
I visited the U.S. several times and nothing except for hipster craft bread even comes close.

>>2239340
Well, that would explain why it literally flew into my ceiling.
Apart from that it is surprisingly tame, which is strange since it doesn't carry any rings.

>>2239356
Mainly because it was late and I'm not an ornithologist.
We mainly have feral pigeons around so it looked quite outlandish to me.
I have no clue what a mourning dove would even be doing in central Europe since Wikipedia lists their habitat as pretty much anywhere but Europe.

>>2239361
Not relevant, since it's alive and well.
I just took it back to the place where I found it and ''released it back into the wild''.
It almost immediately started pecking at the ground and grooming itself so I guess it'll be fine.

Still, the whole thing is quite strange since it didn't carry a ring yet it was obviously used to human contact.
>>
>>2239190
inb4 brown recluse
>>
>>2239403
The shit about American bread is true. I don't even know what they do to it, but it's weird as fuck. Even processed bread in the UK is better, and that shit isn't good.
>>
>>2239188
Stop holding the damn thin hostage and trying to kill it by feeding it shit food. It's a dove. Let it back outside you fucking piece of shit.
>>
>>2239188
Just feed it some dry pasta
>>
>>2239403
A kind of happy end for this kind of threads, cool. Thanks for being concerned about birbs, anon.
>>
>>2239419
All our flour is enriched with iron, so that may be it.
One of the reasons for the obesity epidemic actually.
>>
>>2239596
I think we add a whole bunch of sugar to our bread as well.
I tend to make my own bread, though.
>>
>>2239600
>I tend to make my own bread, though.
Oh ok because everyone does that.
>>
>>2239234
>I'll deliver Webm's of my cat slowly torturing it to death if that what get's you off.
Do it faggot
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.