[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what the fuck are these bastards and why are there 10 fucking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

File: die please.jpg (41KB, 962x799px) Image search: [Google]
die please.jpg
41KB, 962x799px
what the fuck are these bastards and why are there 10 fucking million of them flying around my god damn face and monitor nonstop for like 5 months straight?

i cleaned the fuck out of my house 100 times over making sure there is no food or garbage anywhere, not the sink drain or stove tops or fucking anywhere

so ok i go to the store to buy this fucking thing and sure its got like 20 of them but theres still like a billion left. i almost think the killer thing is just attracting more into the house or something.

i have never ever had such a problem with bugs in my entire life
>>
are they not fruit flies? double check that there's no foodstuffs lying around your house and probably wipe down most if not all of the surfaces for sugars and shit

idk senpai
>>
>>2238733
They could be drain flies, and yes that thing could be attracting more into your house.

Clean your drains and disposal
>>
Phorid flies.
There's something somewhere they are breeding in.
>>
>>2238767
>>2238769
>>2238770
i have cleaned the drains and pretty much eradicated all food from my house entirely and cleaned the whole apartment like 4 times. i dont know how or why they could be here anymore

im in japan north of tokyo if it makes any difference
>>
>>2238771
Could there be something dead in the walls or something?
>>
I had a problem with those little fuckers a while back. It drove me mad.

I couldn't figure out where they were coming from for the longest time. Spent a bunch of money on special drain cleaner for drain flies.

Turned out they were breeding IN MY COFFEE MACHINE. Right underneath where the basket filter goes. Mostdisgustingthinginmywholelife/10

I threw out the coffee machine and the problem went away.

So yeah. Check EVERYWHERE. Even places that don't seem obvious. Anywhere that has moisture, even if there's no food for them in that spot. Good luck, anon
>>
>>2238774
i know i should do i google image search but what do breeding grounds look like?

>>2238773
hell if i know. apartment was surprisingly cheap for the location, though not especially cheap...
>>
>>2238780
Just a fuckton of flies in one spot.

Is there anywhere they seem to be more than any other area in your home? Or a spot/direction they seem to be "coming from?" If so, try investigating those areas for where they might be breeding
>>
Post pictures of whole apartment and we'll help you look for hiding spots.
>>
>>2238787
Yeah in my room, near my computer monitor and face. Where I eat. I sit on the floor.

I have spilled things on the carpet before, but I always clean that up real fast. No way to pull the carpet up to look underneath, I doubt they could come from there anyway.

Despite eating in this spot I throw my food away in another room, clean up and theres noo crumbs or anything at all
>>
>>2238791
maybe tomorrow
>>
i once had small flies breeding in a plant

but they stayed within the area around the plant so it was obvious
>>
>>2238769
They aren't drain flies.

>>2238770
Yep.

OP, got any pets? Maybe they took something out of the trash or from outside and hidnit somewhere. Prepare to be really grossed out when you find whatever they've been breeding in.
>>
>>2238820
no pets. just me in this second floor apartment thats quite small.

ive looked in every nook and cranny imaginable, though i guess i could missing places.

is it possible neighbors have them or theyre in the walls and finding a way in?
>>
>>2238824
It's possible that you are getting a secondary infection from your neighbors.

Do you keep your windows and/or doors open? If so, you should invest in a screen
>>
>>2238876
windows only have 1 screen for some reason. covering only 1 of 2 windows. not explaing that well i know, but shouldnt matter since my windows are *never* open right?

they seem to have dispersed from my work the past few hours, but ive thought that before...

ill see how it goes. thanks for the help everyone
>>
I had a bad fruit fly infestation once, left some bananas out that they got to or something. They stuck around even after I cleaned. I got rid of them by setting out a cup with a little bit of apple cider vinegar with some dish soap floated on top to break up the surface tension. They're attracted to the vinegar, but once they get into it they can't get out and they drown. Killed hundreds of the little bastards, as well as a few house flies that way.
>>
>>2238795
Try not eating there for a week or a month. The flies might possibly lose their current breeding culture as they eat at it.

Also, you should at least use a desk or a counter to eat. I find it better for me. I don't as much like a lazy bum, personally.
>>
Those are dog pecker gnats

[spoiler]Maybe they'd leave you alone if you didn't look so much like a dog pecker
>>
>>2238733
Put out a little saucer of wine. They'll fly into it and drown.
>>
Does your refrigerator or a/c unit have a catch pan for condensation?
If you have central a/c- is the unit in your attic with a catch pan?
Don't just clean, pick up and move everything.
Plants
Furniture
Open up any boxes/storage containers.
Did you go camping/bar b q recently and forget to empty your cooler?
Did you go hiking and forget that half of a granola bar in your backpack?
Pull everything out of your cupboards- is there a box of food with a broken seal that you didn't realize?
>>
A floor in my college recently had its AC infested by flies, the smell and number of flies was out of control took 3 weeks for them to fumigate. Guess what we still got flies
>>
My apartment is small and pretty barren as is. Despite that I turned the whole place upside down and found no nest, cleaning every square inch as I went a long.

They still seem to be prevalent right around my monitor and face.

I mean what could they be inside the keyboard or something? Is it just residual smell or they were here for food before and just didnt leave or die?

When I say there's "a lot" thats a relative thing. There's not a huge swarm or anything, but I'd wager 5-10 at any one time. That catcher thing in my picture has like 20 or so in it
>>
They have a lifespan of 24 hours. If you are seeing them, then they have a source of food. They are not "leftovers". Every single one is freshly born. They also lay eggs in the food they eat.

There has *got* to be something they're eating, somewhere. Start closing all your doors/plugging the cracks on the bottom with towels for a few days to see if you can find where they're concentrated. Poor ammonia down drains (cleaning them with soap or something won't do shit), then plug the top them from the top. Keep all garbage cans covered with something that blocks air flow as well as light.

Step by step, your most important offense is narrowing down the possibilities of where they could be nesting.
>>
bump for opie to figure out the problem
>>
>>2239449
last thing i read was they live for 14-27 days or something like that

the only places they could be are places i cant get to like inside walls

that or residing sugars from soda previously spilled on the carpet is enough to attract them
>>
>>2238885
you seem oblivious to japanese culture.
They eat on the floor quite often and even have sitting-height tables.
It saves resources to not make chairs, so why not stick with that culture, eh?
>>
Bleach your drains, senpai. I used to have a drain fly problem in my Americunt dormitory, until I did that. With a combination of a bowl of vinegar to trap the present flies and repeated bleaching, my problem has been solved.

But over breaks the other Ameridumbs won't take out their trash, which causes a fruit fly problem. You may just have dirty neighbors.
>>
They could be living and breeding in crumbs that got into your keyboard. Next time you leave for a few hours or sleep, put it in a trash bag and tie it shut so nothing can get out (like make a knot in the actual bag). When you get back, see if you can notice any difference or if there are now gnats/flies in the bag
>>
File: whoopie pie.jpg (66KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
whoopie pie.jpg
66KB, 600x400px
>>2238771
They can live of any little spot of water.
So clean more. Also Fans help a lot. They got weak little wings.
>>
File: ag.gif (353B, 16x11px) Image search: [Google]
ag.gif
353B, 16x11px
>>2238733
I had a problem with ants and fruit flies. Both had the same solution.
All you have to do is make a alcohol trap for them.
>get plastic cup
>shot of high proof booze or rubbing alcohol
with
>some water to dilute it
and
>some fruity grenadine

add some sugar or some fruit, but you need it to smell fruity and sweet.

This shit attracts flies like mad, so all you have you do is make it so its the only food source they have and let alcohol poising kill them for you

I use some tin foil to help trap them in
>>
>>2239538
i forgot to add that this kills them slowly. they may find some sustenance form this but all their off spring will be brain damaged, and it only gets worse with each generation. In about a week their population will be retarded and lose their elusiveness making them easy to kill
>>
>>2239500
They have small tables or least some sort of sheet covering that can be cleaned after meals. They also have a tile or hardwood floor that doesn't soak up spills.
>>
I really purged the fuck out of my apartment yesterday.

I feel like theres definitely less bugs than before.
Makes me think there isnt a hive or whatever.

Just wonder because i've had this cycle happen a few times before: lots of bugs > purge everything + wait > seemingly no bugs
> some bugs > lots of bugs

Just hope it stays that way this time i guess.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.