[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you let any of your pets free roam around the house (excluding

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

File: a.jpg (61KB, 770x405px) Image search: [Google]
a.jpg
61KB, 770x405px
Do you let any of your pets free roam around the house (excluding cats and dogs)?
>>
I would like to let my rats free roam but they're so small I don't want to lose them. They get about 2-3 hours a day out in my bedroom.
>>
I let my Chinese Water Dragon (4yo) free roam in a bedroom. At that point he's big enough not to get lost. I leave the door closed but his cage open in case he wants his heat bulb or water.
>>
>>2238109
Nope. I have geckos though so if i take my eye off them one for second they will immediately jam themselves in to some tiny corner and refuse to come back out.

Either that or, in the case of he arboreals with their magic grippy toes, straight up the wall and on to the ceiling.

So house rules is if they want to come out they can climb on me but any flying leaps off of me to parts unknown are not allowed.
>>
File: 1474337974603.jpg (43KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1474337974603.jpg
43KB, 480x480px
>>2238109
>Do you let any of your pets free roam around the house (excluding cats and dogs)?
>>
File: 1474213422188.jpg (29KB, 529x446px) Image search: [Google]
1474213422188.jpg
29KB, 529x446px
>>2238109
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5bgaWN8Osg

Entertaining but kind of terrifying.
>>
>>2238373
Ugh that trailer life.
>>
>>2238117
This.

I have a "rat proof" room in my house (no wires or tight spaces. Pretty much empty except a few cat trees, toys and rattie litter box)

It would take me days to eat proof my whole house. I'm not worried about loosing them. They are trained to come when called.. Or they run to you when they hear a treat bag.
>>
>>2238109
I did it with my hamsters until I stept in one

I made it a labrynt with 3 floors
>>
File: IMG_20161011_182713.jpg (39KB, 462x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161011_182713.jpg
39KB, 462x720px
Maybe
>>
I've seen plenty of bunnies that get free range of the house while out pet sitting but the best one had to be a tegu.
>>
My owl flies around inside all day.
>>
>mfw rabbits don't hold their shits
>mfw rats don't hold their shits
>mfw birds don't hold their shits
>mfw herps don't hold their shits
Do you guys just look for your pets shits after you let them roam, or do you not care? I'm not trying to piss anybody off, but most of these animals can't control their sphincters, so what happens when they leave a present for you on your bed, or on furniture?
>>2239607
That's pretty neat, every now and then I think about taking a falconry hobby. I don't any hawks or eagles, my hearts are set on American Kestrels. I've heard they're not a beginner despite their small size, but I feel like their housing requirements are a fraction of a problem compared to most other bird of prey. Also, I know where all the rats, house sparrows, and starlings go where a kestrel could literally gorge him/herself.
>>
>>2239611
Rabbits and rats can both be litter trained.
>>
>>2239614
Never knew that! Thanks mate!
>>
>>2239611
Crows can be trained where to shit
>>
>>2239611
That's why I mentioned the litter box.

The rats will go to the litter box when they need to shit.

I have only had rats shit on me when they are new or afraid. its not about holding it.. It's about going to a designated spot to do it.

I've heard of rabbits being litter box trained as well. Not so much for birds and herps.
>>
>>2239607
Do owls make good pets or are they kinda memey?
>>
I sometimes let my chickens inside
But they dont hold heir feces, and one scratches the sofa sometimes

I did had a chicken who held her fecec untill she went outside
>>
>>2239614
My rabbit pees in his box but poops pebbles out every where. Some days I feel like I am gliding in my room.

I over feed him, because he is cute so he expels a shit ton a day.
>>
I didn't even have to litter train my rats. During free range time they go back to their cage and poop in the corner, then come back out for more playtime.
>>
File: 776435575656.jpg (51KB, 619x293px) Image search: [Google]
776435575656.jpg
51KB, 619x293px
>>2238109
yes
>>
my cousin does with his crow.

little bastard is trained to poop on his neighbors' cars so he constantly has skylight access.
>>
>>2238109
we have a really cool lionhead bunny that we let roam around the house and back yard with our mini-schnauzer.they were really cool together but when we moved we got a friend to keep the bunny safe while we had no fence. i should probably be picking him up in this month.
>>
>>2241040
My rats did this from time to time. i just moved the poop into the litter box any time they did it and they started using the box more
>>
When I was a kid I had a friend with a litter trained lovebird, who was allowed to roam around most of his family's home. His lovebird would wake him up in the morning. Such a sweet story. Meanwhile my lovebird is a mean old gizzard.
>>
So pets that can free roam and can be expected to be able to not poop around the house with training:

Rabbits
Rats
Cats
Ferrets
Dogs

Is this a complete list?
>>
>>2241558
Crows >>2241107
>>
>>2241559
>>2241107
How are crows as pets?
Also where did you get it?
>>
>>2241558
>and can be expected to be able to not poop around the house with training
The complete list:
Cats
Dogs
>>
>>2241559
I get the feeling this is not the norm.

>>2241566
Ah. Man, a cat would be perfect for me, but I have a stupid cat allergy.
>>
>>2239611
All of those animals can hold their shits (except some birds, but iirc the only ones that physically can't are waterfowl and maybe a few others.

Rabbits and rats can be litter trained, some birds can be convinced to start giving a shit about where they go, and reptiles CAn contol it, they just almost never give a shit about it. It can be managed with scheduled soaking though.

For me the free roamers are two rabbits, an iguana, and a tokay that's somewhere.
>>
File: ant.jpg (88KB, 1357x1014px) Image search: [Google]
ant.jpg
88KB, 1357x1014px
yes
>>
>>2238117
I let mine run around the bathroom when I clean their cage and they love it. Other day one discovered he could reach the toilet paper from the toilet seat and was having the fucking time of his life unraveling it. Lil fuck had pulled off over 10 feet worth in the 10minutes i was in my room taking their cage apart to clean
>>
>>2239611
My conure is potty trained, he flies to his cage to shit.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.