[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I came here because I'm having a moral crisis and I thought

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: download.png (3KB, 120x144px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
3KB, 120x144px
I came here because I'm having a moral crisis and I thought you guys could share some insight. I caught a pretty big wheel bug the other day. If I kill it and make an insect collection I can get extra credit in my entymology class. I feel bad though as it was minding it's business outside and presented me no harm. Please help
>>
>>2235999
Wear his shell as a second skin and identify as bug-kin in your class. If they give you a bad grade, tell him that they are discriminating against your sexual identity.
>>
>>2236005
Thank you for your honesty
>>
take a good a photo of it and tell the instructor you don't want to kill living things

if they won't give you the credit take it up with someone higher than him
>>
>>2235999
Insects barley have brains

They don't even think or feel
>>
>>2236041
That's not the point op is trying to make anon, he is arguing that he feels it is immoral to take this creatures life just so his class can see he caught one. The bug, while not very intelligent, can perceive pain, and he feels it's unjust to kill it for a grade. Just take a good photo of it with timestamp anon. Or a video even better
>>
>>2236094
>the bug can perceive pain
No it can't. Pain is a physical response as well as emotional. Bugs have no emotions so the "pain" doesn't matter.

Fuck bugs anyway. Kill them all.
>>
>>2236111
pain is a subjective experience, subjectivity requires consciousness and consciousness can't be measured or tested properly.

nothing besides humans have pain.
>>
>>2235999
Can you hold it captive for a while, show whoever you need to show, and then you can release it if that's what you want. Or keep it until it dies and use it in your collection.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.