[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I recently took my old man to the vet and one of the nurses said

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 8

File: IMG_1478.jpg (123KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1478.jpg
123KB, 640x1136px
I recently took my old man to the vet and one of the nurses said that he looks like he has main coon in him.

This interested me because he was given to us through strangers in an ad. So we never knew what breed he was and all his other vets simply said he was a long haired tabby.

I started looking up about it and a lot of his characteristics match that of a main coon.

He may only have a small amount, and I have no way of making sure, but I think it's cool to know a bit about what his breed is.

Does anyone else have mutt cats? Let's see those pics!
>>
My cat looks and acts like a Russian blue but she's not.
Your cat doesn't look like a Maine coon remotely.

Most cats are mutt cats, also known as moggies. Just enjoy your cat. It's just a cat, which vary wildly in personalities.
>>
File: IMG_1275.jpg (1007KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1275.jpg
1007KB, 3264x2448px
>>2235367
Ahh ok

Of course I love my cat always, but it would have been cool if he had some main coon in him.
>>
File: Starscream.jpg (98KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
Starscream.jpg
98KB, 720x960px
That is one fine shmewster. Please enjoy this image of mine, she is wonderful.
>>
File: 20161002_194543-1600x900.jpg (208KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
20161002_194543-1600x900.jpg
208KB, 1600x900px
Your old man looks like my old man.
>>
File: IMG_1113.jpg (856KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1113.jpg
856KB, 3264x2448px
>>2235385
She's a beauty, lucky anon!

>>2235395
Yep, all my guy needs is the white strip on the nose.
>>
why does cats' fur always look unkempt and clumped together and greasy?

do they feel as dirty as they look?
>>
>>2235412
Both the orange cats are old. It is what happens when they get old.
>>
>>2235417
every cat in this thread has it
>>
File: IMG_1487.jpg (171KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1487.jpg
171KB, 640x960px
>>2235412
He's an old guy and doesn't clean himself as well.

I recently bought some burts bees dandruff cat wipes that seemed to have worked great for him. His coat looks much nicer. I just have to keep up with it.
>>
>>2235419

My cat's fur is very fine and fluffy. There is a top of layer of long hair and a bottom layer of downy fluffy stuff. That's just the way it sits on her body. She is very clean and 100% lacking in grease.
>>
>>2235367
Don't listen to this guy.
Maine coons have a specific coat that was developed in the cold north Atlantic states.
They were the most popular cat in the U.S. 50 years ago so many domestic longhairs are can trace their ancestors back to them.

Just like any organism, they carry traits that have been passed down. Its obviously not a purebred but that doesn't change the fact that it may carry specific genes.

Labradoodles are a "breed" now.
They're not labradors or poodles.
Does that mean that they don't share traits of labradors or poodles?
>>
>>2235469
eugenics, everyone
here we are

you have a cat, anon

it carries the specific genes of a cat
>>
>>2235469
A chihuahua was once a wolf but you don't see people claiming that they're part wolf. All of our cats were once wildcats.

Ateast labradoodles are suppose to be half poodle, half lab. This is very recent while 'mutt' cats have been bred for far longer to the point most of them are just 'cats'. It doesn't matter if their great, great, great, great, great, grandfather was a persian. Mutt dogs you can usually trace or even 'tell' what they were mixed with. Mutts aren't usually far at all in mixed breeding, at least in western countries where it isn't normal for dogs to roam around for generations.
>>
>>2235486
Are you German?
Are you Iranian?
Are you Irish?
Are you Norwegian?

Oh wait, no papers.
You don't have any traits of your ancestors without papers.
>>
>>2235361
Retards think literally every long hair with a fluffy tail is Maine coon. They aren't even a coherent breed of cat.
>>
>>2236317
Which side are you arguing for? If you're from the US and your last Irish ancestor from Ireland was like 17 generations ago you aren't Irish.
>>
File: 1469454633930.jpg (132KB, 469x463px) Image search: [Google]
1469454633930.jpg
132KB, 469x463px
>>2236317
>You don't have any traits of your ancestors without papers.
that's how it works for cats, not for dogs or humans.
>>
>>2236319
yea, people can be stupid. I worked at a shelter once, and apparently every cat there was an actual breed. "regular" cats were european shorthairs, longhaired cats with a smooshed face were persians and cats with points were siamese cats.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.