[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is /an/'s beef with cats? I'm not talking about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

What is /an/'s beef with cats? I'm not talking about the obnoxious, ecosystem rupturing ferals that infest urban areas, but indoor cats. I remember browsing here a couple years ago, and while cats were disliked by a portion of the users of the board (mostly due to the behavior of outdoor cats), the general sight of them never attracted as much animosity as it does now. What changed?
>>
shit bait fuck off
>>
hi
>>
>>2234944
I'm serious. I don't frequent this board that much anymore so I haven't been keeping up with the trends.
>>
>>2234940
>>2234946
They have the disadvantages of both dogs and reptiles and none of the upsides.
If you properly want to care for your indoor cat it's quite high maintenance, there's hair and they make you smell bad but unlike a dog they can't be trained to do anything useful and like a reptile they won't show affection or care for you at all. And the people that keep them are usually not really into animals either, they just want something fluffy to cuddle, which is an entirely selfish motivation.
>>
>What is /an/'s beef with cats?
You mean the people posting on an animal and nature board about how much they hate certain animals and how they like to kill them?
Mostly it's edgy faggots or people who dislike outside cats to the point they are put off to the animals completely. Either way just consider the source and move on.
>>
>>2234947
I appreciate the quick and honest answer. Still though, I don't understand why people actively decide to shit up some of the feline threads instead of avoiding them. Not everyone who dislikes cats does it, but I've noticed cat threads are often a bigger target than any other animal.
>>
>>2234954
A combination of your typical 4chan autists and cat owners being easily baitable which then brings up the whole Toxoplasmosis thing which keeps the thread going and so on.
>>
Its one dude that posts the same reply every time he sees a cat thread
>>
>>2234947
>they won't show affection or care for you at all
bollocks fuck off
>>
>>2234940
Neo-/an/.

Years ago the vast majority of /an/ despised outdoor cats but at least tolerated indoor cats. /An/ used to be insanely kind, even to trolls. But I think the popularity of 4chan in general brought more trolls and newfags who didn't know how to deal with them. Now you have people piggy backing the hip new trip fags who blatantly hate everything, because they don't know how to deal with the people posting about how their outdoor cat gave birth to kittens and they are dying and can't afford a vet.
>>
>>2234940
Part of it is backlash to the internet's general love of cats. People who like to start trouble and push folks' buttons see it as an easy target. If most people on the internet like cats, then fabricating anti-cat posts is statistically a pretty good way to get on *someone's* nerves. I think it's just bait and trolling. Not actual anti-cat sentiment.
>>
>>2234947
>they don't show affection or care for you
That's just a stereotype. Cats can be extremely affectionate like mine, they just have to be raised to feel comfortable being affectionate. Other cats are raised and don't really care for affection. My 2 cats literally claw st my computer chair for affection. They sleep with me in my bed, and love belly rubs because they're comfortable with me. People automatically assume because someone else's cat doesn't automatically love them that they're just cold animals. In reality, cats need to grow comfortable with someone in order to be affectionate because they're smart animals.

TL:DR cats are affectionate animals despite popular belief.
>>
There's just a few annoying anons who hate all cats, just like a few annoying anons dislike ferrets or rats. The problem is we have a lot of cat threads so they pop up a lot.
>>
>>2234940
They are usually an indicator that their owners are selfish and lazy people
>>
File: brentrambo.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
brentrambo.gif
1MB, 320x240px
>>2234992
>unironically posted by a tripfag
>>
>>2234954
I don't like them because they carry Toxoplasma gondii, which can induce schizophrenia. Also I don't like to be associated with things that fat lesbianic feminists have an affinity for.
>>
>>2234940
There's nothing wrong with indoor cats. They don't wipe out the local wildlife, they don't steal the niche from real wild cats, and usually, they don't catch and spread toxoplasma gondii.
>>
>>2234992
I suppose cats are very calm and careful animals...
>>
>>2234940
>What changed?

Theres this one guy on here called Plont and he basically is behind 80% of anti cat posts.

He makes the argument that killing a successfull species is in no way against the environment.
>>
>>2235077
You anti-plont posters are even worse because you don't even challenge his arguments and shit up the board harder than he ever could
>>
>>2235081
>you don't even challenge his arguments
because they know I'm right.
>>
>>2235083
Because it's tedious as fuck to argue with you, you ignore what people write and you only argue for the sake of argument.
>>
>>2235112
This, he's like a rampant toddler on a warpath. The easiest solution for everyone involved is to just give him some attention so he shuts up and fucks off.
>>
>>2234946
It's not a large board so when a few people dedicate themselves to shitposting it's very noticeable.
>>
>>2235081
>>2235083
we explained why cnr is effective you've yet to make a rebuttal

>no
isn't a rebuttal
>>
>>2235122
you could've just googled 'does TNR work?' if you wanted to hear my opinion.

http://www.tnrrealitycheck.com/studies.asp

don't waste my time with your piss poor arguments.
>>
>>2234978
this this this this this.
>>
>>2234978
/an/ still tolerates indoor cats as long as there aren't 10 active threads about them.

you rarely see shitposting in cat threads from anti-cat people besides this guy
>>2234992
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.