[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone here owned a disabled pet? How is it? I've had a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

Anyone here owned a disabled pet? How is it? I've had a few chances to adopt a deaf dog or FIV+ cat in the past myself but never did.
>>
Define disabled.

I have a dog with dysplasia in every leg and a non-functional pancreas.
>>
My moms dog has bad arthritis in his back legs. Got him some rubber things for his claws. He has been so happy now that he dosnt struggle to get up.
>>
I had a cat with feline cerebellar hypoplasia, and a cat that was missing an eye
>>
>>2233514
That sounds disabled.

Once meet a cat with schizophrenia, that liked to sleep in the middle of the street, get into random people houses and behave like he has lived there his whole life.
>>
FIV cats' lifespans are much shorter, and they'll eventually need vet care.

My shelter always tries to advertise them but they're less appealing than roundworm kittens. When you have a million strays to choose from, why would you pick a sick one?
>>
>>2233542
In that case, I'll say something incredibly cliched and admit that I've never really seen him as disabled.

Expensive? Yes. Do I have to write up a 20 page manual for whoever I leave him with because his care is stupidly, ridiculously complicated? Yes. Is it easier to feed 20 racing huskies in the dark and snow at -8 degrees than it is to feed him on a regular day because of the whole pancreas thing? Yes.

But he's otherwise healthy and he's hit age milestones I never thought he would reach while maintaining a surprising level of fitness.

He's beginning to creep into old age, though. This saddens me, but it's the same age that most dogs of his breed start to slow down, and considering how absolutely fragile and prematurely old he's seemed in the past, I think he's doing quite well.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.