[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some extinct animals you want to see brought back?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: dinosaur.jpg (120KB, 1240x1754px) Image search: [Google]
dinosaur.jpg
120KB, 1240x1754px
What are some extinct animals you want to see brought back?

Everyone wants species like mammoths but I don't agree. They seem too large for our modern environments. They would change the ecosystem massively. I'd rather have low key animals like extinct dogs brought back.
>>
homo neanderthalensis

everything else is meme.
>>
>>2233404
Breed them with Black people and you get White people
>>
Irish elk. They would make one bad ass mount.
>>
>>2233404
But what would you even do with them? We already have their DNA so you can't take that and if we are breeding our own Neanderthals we couldn't observe their culture.
>>
File: Taz.jpg (74KB, 634x369px) Image search: [Google]
Taz.jpg
74KB, 634x369px
I never understood the mammoth meme, I mean what the fuck would you even do with them? Would they adapt to the modern world and I doubt farming them would be profitable.
>>
the fuck you want more dogs for? we already have too many dogs
>>
>>2233402

Synapsids.

It'd be neat just to see how they behave. The closest modern day parallel would be those really active monitor lizards which are still not very phenomenal.
>>
File: argentavis-size.jpg (109KB, 618x354px) Image search: [Google]
argentavis-size.jpg
109KB, 618x354px
>>
File: gallery_2081_658_326418.jpg (346KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
gallery_2081_658_326418.jpg
346KB, 1600x1200px
>>2234846
Isn't everything a meme at this point in society?

I'd like to see fuckers like Leptictidium or Vancleavea or some shit like that. I would also like a tank full of Lycoptera. They're relatives of Arowanas and are about 2"-5" long. A nice 250 gallon with a school 20+ strong would honestly be amazing.
>>
Extinct animals are extinct because they were shit. Just let natural selection do its thing
>>
File: Oxford_Dodo_display.jpg (3MB, 2616x1728px) Image search: [Google]
Oxford_Dodo_display.jpg
3MB, 2616x1728px
>>2234998

You take that back, fucker.
>>
>>2234846
Put them in Siberia, see how they bahave?
>>
We care about mammoths so much because we have a shit ton of remains. Tissue, blood, etc. Full corpses. Sure its been frozen for thousands of years so it's shit but it's more than anything else we have of other extinct animals. They didn't just pick a random extinct animal to try. I don't think it's even about bringing them back but more so they want be able to do it.
>>
>>2234908
But synapsids are the dominant form of life today.
>>
>>2234998
This.

>Scientists estimate that 150-200 species of plant, insect, bird and mammal become extinct every 24 hours.

55,000 species go extinct each year. Yet even this extinction rate has no impact on anything.
>>
Those dragonflies with the two foot wingspan.
>>
>>2235184
>yfw dragonflies are carnivorous
>you're having a nice day at the park when one swoops down and rips off your pinkie
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.