[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's talk about stereotypes. Animal owner stereotypes,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 162
Thread images: 19

File: image.jpg (186KB, 640x824px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
186KB, 640x824px
Let's talk about stereotypes. Animal owner stereotypes, animal stereotypes, etc.

I don't know if this is a true stereotype, but I always assume bird people are women. They seem on the same tier as cat people. Pretty much everyone online who likes birds (and rats tbqh) seems to be a woman or girl. Likewise, reptile and fish people are usually men.
>>
only women and numales own cats.

>>2233340
no, women can't handle the responsibility that comes with owning birds.

they only own basic pet shop species like budgies and cockatiels, anything that's more complicated than a quaker parrot is too much for them.
>>
File: 10674867934657.png (2MB, 596x3200px) Image search: [Google]
10674867934657.png
2MB, 596x3200px
>>2233340
LOL
>>
yeah i've noticed the bird thing, every single bird owner i know of is a female. they also love rats/mice. i think it's because they're small and fairly calm. maybe because of the sounds they make too.
>>
>>2233351
and i only know two people that own bugs and they're both women.
>>
>>2233345
>exotic birds
>regular people with allergies.
you what
>>
>>2233354
i take it you're a bird owner.
>>
>Black people like Pit Bulls, Rotties, etc.

I fit the stereotype. I am half-black and latino. My favorite breed is the Staffordshire Bull Terrier but I also like Rottweilers, Dobermans, Greyhounds, Cairn Terriers, Chihuahuas, Border Terriers... It's pure coincidence in my case. I didn't grow up around Pit Bull owners and I am not into black culture (I can barely name 5 hiphop artists). When I was in middle school I just got into Staffies and APBT's due to Youtube. I used to watch videos and read up on them a lot. They're just so cute and friendly. I hate the average Pit Bull owner though. Those morons who think they're tough because their dog incorrectly has a choke collar on and is not even properly leash trained. They're as bad as Chihuahua owners.
>>
>>2233356
my dad used to breed parrots.

they're terrible for people with allergies.
>>
>>2233343
well, that's a good stereotype for this stereotypes thread, tripfag. why the fuck do you judge pets by their popuarity?
>>
>>2233365
I don't like keeping memes as pet.
>>
>>2233358
Yeah why not just get a poodle or a sphinx or something?
>>
>>2233368
those are still bad for people with allergies.

why not just get a frog or a tegu.
>>
My grandpa was county fire chief and owned two Dalmatians. He always gave puppies to other departments.
>>
>>2233370
Dont ever suggest normal people get a tegu. There is no tegu appropriate for people who don't own reptiles
>>
>>2233375
it's always better than a parrot.
>>
File: combo1.jpg (320KB, 1400x990px) Image search: [Google]
combo1.jpg
320KB, 1400x990px
People who keep shitter's choice reptiles (ball pythons, corn snakes, bearded dragons, leopard geckos) are drooling retards that should not be associated with actual herp keepers.

These faggots never know shit about their pets, keep them in some ugly plastic tub or tank fitted with fucking newspaper, where any reasonable person would be ashamed of ever showing off such an atrocious enclosure. Then they make sure to toy with them several times a week, because reptiles have built affection according to them. And most importantly, they have to frequently spam "le danger noodle snoot boop snek XD" memes like the mouthbreathers they are.

Special mention goes to the morph autists who give names even a 12 year old would deem stupid.
>>
>>2233357
>nigger

Stop lying, Jamal. You like them because it makes you look tough in front of your "homies".
>>
>>2233383
There's nothing wrong with those species. They just tend to have a lot of worse owners because theyre popular.
>>
>>2233383
i agree on the enclosures but you're so fucking bitter. just let people enjoy their animals for fuck's sake
>>
>>2233383
>Special mention goes to the morph autists who give names even a 12 year old would deem stupid.
you mean everything named by harry wessels.
>>
File: parrot1.jpg (37KB, 400x267px) Image search: [Google]
parrot1.jpg
37KB, 400x267px
>>2233340
Really, personally the only people I've met with parrots were lonely 50-60+ men with beards and a watered-down hippy vibe. I did work experience as a kid in the parrot/exotics section of a nearby vets, and most people bringing birds in were lone old blokes. Maybe it's a Northern England thing.
>>
>>2233343
Here's a stereotype; people who use trips are attention whoring faggots.
>>
>>2233421
At 50-60+, how do you tell women from men?
>>
>>2233340
The only time I see bird owners (actual bird owners, not budgies in a cage) is from pet shop owners -usually guys- and lonely guys who can't get a date.
>>
>>2233374

Was he a good breeder or byb tier? Giving Dalmation puppies away sounds awful. They're a hard breed.
>>
>>2233448
>to other departments
>>
>>2233462
>Implying that means anything
>>
>>2233463
>can't into greentext
>>
>>2233370
>why not just get a frog or a tegu.
Because people want actual pets and not just an ugly thing that you have to feed.
>>
>>2233500
if that's true then why are cats so popular?
>>
>>2233340
>fish people are usually men
Dunno, the only fish enthusiasts I know IRL are women.
>>
>>2233501
Because they are okay tier animals, also they are cozy and nice. Oh, and they catch mice, that's why they became popular in the first place.
>>
>>2233506
>also they are cozy and nice.
so are tegus.
>Oh, and they catch mice
how's dropping dead disease infested corpses on your doormat a good thing.
>>
>>2233370
>frog
lolwut

>tegu
I'm guessing they don't want to pay a lot for the animal itself, have to maintain and climate control a whole room for their pet, and pay premium prices for treatment.
>>
>>2233505
Dunno, I breed shrimp, keep fish and I'm into aquascaping. Most people I know are men in the hobby. In general, most women in the hobby I know have some guppytanks/easy livebearers/tetras, but no aspirations of aquascaping, breeding or keeping more complicated species.
>>
>>2233509
>so are tegus.
Oh really? Are they fluffy, do they purr, do they play, do they come to you to cuddle, do they wiat for you when you come home, can you teach them their name?

>how's dropping dead disease infested corpses on your doormat a good thing.
This doesn't happen today with cats who live indoors.
>>
>>2233516
don't give him attention, he probably has some mental problems since he comes here only to talk shit about animals he doesn't like.
>>
>>2233516
>Are they fluffy
no that's the point we're talking about pets for people with allergies dipshit.
>do they play
kind of.
>do they come to you to cuddle
yes.
>do they wiat for you when you come home
yes.
>can you teach them their name?
no but you can't do that with cats either, their memory is terrible and they're not smart enough to understand the concept of names.

tegus and monitors aren't like most reptiles.

>This doesn't happen today with cats who live indoors.

again, pets for people with allergies.
>>
>>2233513
I don't know much about all this stuff myself, but the women I know who are into this are rather serious about it, they keep many kinds of fish I've never heard of and they put quite a lot of time and money into all this.
>>
>>2233523
Hard to see what's the real data, when only our perception serves as sample size. While it does differ, it may be actually pretty even split in general then. Most women I knew either thought fish are boring or wanted cutesy coloury swimmy things and had very little interest in science behind it.
>>
>>2233521
>no that's the point we're talking about pets for people with allergies dipshit.
No we are not since you decided to basically say that cats don't make good pets, dipshit >>2233501. Before that I said that people will try to find hypoallergenic cats and dogs because it's still better than taking frogs and lizards, even if it doesn't completely solve the problem of allegry.

>kind of.
I can imagine.

>yes.
But what's the point of cuddling if they don't purr and they are not warm?

>do they wiat for you when you come home
>yes.
Really? I find it hard to believe.

>no but you can't do that with cats either, their memory is terrible
Lol have you ever owned a cat? They can learn their name and they can learn a signal for feeding and they memorize many things and places.

>they're not smart enough to understand the concept of names
So what, dogs aren't smart enough too. Even crows aren't. You don't need the concept to teach an animal to respond to its name.

>tegus and monitors aren't like most reptiles.
Yes, but they still can't make a good pet for most people, they can't bond with people like cats, let alone dogs.
>>
File: kruik.jpg (30KB, 340x466px) Image search: [Google]
kruik.jpg
30KB, 340x466px
>>2233567
>No we are not
>>2233370
>those are still bad for people with allergies.

work on your reading comprehension.

>hypoallergenic cats and dogs
these don't exist, it's a meme.

http://www.jacionline.org/article/S0091-6749(12)01380-2/abstract

>But what's the point of cuddling if they don't purr and they are not warm?
if that's what you want buy one of these, picture related.

>Really? I find it hard to believe.
they lay around waiting for food and walk towards you when they hear noise, even tortoises do that and they're a lot dumber than tegus.

>They can learn their name

http://www.livescience.com/1819-feline-memories-fleeting.html

they're not very bright for a mammal of their size.

they have no concept of human language, they merely respond to tone, you could say 'shithead' in the same tone as their actual name and they'd respond the same way, I do that with my dog a lot.

>they can't bond with people like cats

cats don't bond with you, they're solitary animals.
>>
>>2233584
Just read your post: >>2233501, you just say that cats make bad pets, it's not about allergy.

>if that's what you want buy one of these, picture related.
Okay now I see there's no point in talking to you.

>http://www.livescience.com/1819-feline-memories-fleeting.html
It's better to read what you link before you post. Go and read the article.

>they're not very bright for a mammal of their size.
Size? Size is not related to intelligence.

>they have no concept of human language
So fucking what? Have you even read my post? They can learn to respond to their name, that's all that matters. Your lizards can't.

>you could say 'shithead' in the same tone as their actual name and they'd respond the same way, I do that with my dog a lot.
Your dog's name probably sounds similar to "shithead". Dogs respond to actual sounds, it's quite easy to prove since all commands are given in the same tone.

Also since you like it so much to post articles, here you are: https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/08/160829192701.htm

>cats don't bond with you, they're solitary animals.
It is very clear that you know nothing about ethology of cats (or even ethology at all). Yes, wildcats solitary (though they still show social behavior and can form temporary families) but domestic cats are different, stray cats can form groups and pet cats can bond with their owners as a result of their extended kittenhood.
>>
>>2233634
*wildcats are solitary
>>
>>2233521
>no that's the point we're talking about pets for people with allergies dipshit.
blah blah hair isn't what causes pet allergies.
>>
>>2233634
>you just say that cats make bad pets, it's not about allergy.
you can't magically ignore the rest of the conversation and just start wherever you like.

>It's better to read what you link before you post.

you'd find out their visial memory isn't much longer than a minute.

>Size is not related to intelligence.

jesus your reading comprehension is bad, ofcourse it's not but they're dumb for mammals of their size, most are considerably smarter.

>They can learn to respond to their name

they can't, they respond to tone.

my tortoises can do that, you don't need a complex brain for it apparently.

>Your dog's name probably sounds similar to "shithead"

it's 'noa' it doesn't sound similar at all.

>Have you even read my post?

no I just skin through it because it's obvious you're talking out of your ass.

>easy to prove since all commands are given in the same tone.

unless they've all got the same vowels there's still a difference.

>ethology of cats

ethology is pseudo-science and cats are pseudo-pets, very fitting.

>but domestic cats are different,

yes your cat is a very special snowflake.

too bad it'll still eat you when you die.
>>
>>2233646
>you'd find out their visial memory isn't much longer than a minute.
The only thing that article states is that their visual memory is bad compared to their memory of movement. And it only deals with short term memory.

>they're dumb for mammals of their size, most are considerably smarter
And who is talking out of their ass? Can you provide data to prove this? Oh sorry you can't because measuring intelligence is a part of ethology and it is a pseudoscience.

>they can't, they respond to tone.
They respond to a vocal signal. How they process it is another question.

>it's 'noa' it doesn't sound similar at all.
Maybe your dog is dumb? And why did you ignore the link I posted?

>yes your cat is a very special snowflake.
So why does it behave like every other cat? Actually I wonder, have you never seen groups of stay cats?

>too bad it'll still eat you when you die.
I never said it wouldn't. Seems that you're just too categorical to under how nature works.
>>
>>2233660
*to understand how nature works
>>
>>2233340
People who own endangered animals are generally retards who own them for bragging rights. It's a very small minority that actually tries to do anything helpful for them.
>>
>>2233367
hahahah this guy is fucking hilarious
>>
>>2233340
dog owners tend to be very entitled about dogs. like when their dog runs up to you and starts jumping on you and you say"please get your dog off me" and they say "LOL NAH DON'T WORRY ITS FRIENDLY"

I know its friendly dammit. they are too friendly and I just don't want that big slobbering thign one me.

and they let them trample through other people's yards and shit everywhere without actually cleaning it up. they excuse unacceptable behavior because "lol is cute :3333"

and they treat you like the devil when you say you're not fond of dogs.

fucking mammalfags "waahh but is cute and fluffy you HAVE to like them waaahh man's best friend"

obviously just a stereotype, but it's very common where I'm from and I hate it
>>
>>2233701
Cat owners are the most entitled.. they let their cats turn other people's gardens into fucking litter box and then get upset when their shit animal inevitably gets poisoned.
>>
>>2233500
>implying tegus aren't smarter AND prettier than dogs/cats

fuckign idiots "b-but le old study from centuries ago said reptiles are retarded!!"

mammalfags are so entitled and ignorant
>>
>>2233567
"wahh its not fluffy its not warm that means ITS FUCKIGN SHIT AND ITS LIFE DOESN'T MATTER AND ITS GARBAGE"

I hate you mammalfags
>>
>>2233340
Well... I'm not gonna send a pic off 4chan to my mother, but that aside, that's the kind of pic my mother would like.

Point in your favor.
>>
>>2233383
I definitely think ball pythons and beardies are overrated.

beardies are at least smart and liek to hang out on your shoulder/lap, but ball pythons? people just like "lol it has le :3 puppy face!!!"

I absolutely love leopard geckos though. it's a shame so many shitty people just grab one and through it in a shitty container because they think reptiles work like mammals.

I talked to one girl who said her friend had one. it lived for only about 3 fuckign years apparently. I told her they are supposed to live much longer and she was like "what but they are small and not dogs!!!" like dogs are the be-all end-all of animals or some shit.

I hate people
>>
>>2233702
outdoor cat owners are obnoxious yeah.

I've only met one in my life and he was an absolute shithead, entitled, druggy, graduated high school at 20, not going to college, retard.

It's just that I've met more of the entitled dog kind of people.

I grew up with cats that my parents have, strictly indoors only, so I like indoor cats past the "aww le cute and fluffy" they are interesting and have funny tsundere-ish attitudes.

Outdoor cats are never-ever because they hunt so many animals, go into people's yards, and I have coyotes, hawks, and deer in the backyard that could hurt them anyway. not to mention ticks and stuff. the cats are very happy too. There is no reason to have outdoor cats desu.
>>
>>2233705
>ITS FUCKIGN SHIT AND ITS LIFE DOESN'T MATTER AND ITS GARBAGE
No, it just means it's not a suitable pet for most people who have a dog to cat. At the end of the day you really don't want all those normies to have a giant lizard, especially if you really care about the animal. They will not take care of it remotely well.
>>
>>2233736
yeah i agree with that, but he made it sound like they are worthless because "what's the point if they don't purr and aren't warm?"
>>
>>2233742
they specified what's the point of cuddling. if you cuddle with your lizard more power to you, but I'd rather cuddle with my cat who actually enjoys it.
>>
>>2233701

>and they treat you like the devil when you say you're not fond of dogs

Fucking this. I have both a cat and a dog, but dog owners tend to measure others' humanity based on whether or not they absolutely love dogs.
>>
>>2233660
>And it only deals with short term memory.

if you think you waving at it like a retard is stored in it's long term memory think again, your cat doesn't care about you that much, it's originally a solitary hunter.

>Can you provide data to prove this?

it's anecdotal, that's about as 'credible' as measuring intelligence in animals is.

>They respond to a vocal signal.

they don't respond to actual words, they have no concept of words or names.

>So why does it behave like every other cat?

it doesn't, if there's plenty of food feral cats don't stay around eachother.

it's the same as 'packs' in dogs, they don't technically exist, they will only group together when there's food available in a certain area they're in and quickly disband after that.

>you're just too categorical to under how nature works.

you didn't even know hypoallergenic dogs and cats didn't exist until I told you.

accept that I am right about tegus, then accept that I don't want to have a conversation about your fucking cat.
>>
>>2233713
>>2233705
>>2233703
>>2233701
Well just read this and you get the stereotypical reptile owner.
>>
I own two budgies and a cat and I am straight male and lift, I just have a feminine penis.
>>
>>2233351
it's true. i've had rats for like 5 years and i'm a woman
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (25KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
25KB, 480x360px
>>2233340
people that own exotics (i.e. sugar gliders, capybaras) are attentionwhores
>>
>>2233340
I'm a dude with a parrot. Birds are the best.
>>
>>2233866
only been here a day and already know that you guys should just not respond to this name fag. probably got scratched by a cat, as a kid, and has hated them with fiery retard autism ever since

>>2233340
reptile people seem like they're always skeletors with a fetish for jurassic park, and small dog owners always just seem to be using them as creepy surrogate human children
>>
>>2234826
>tfw want a bird but don't know anything about them and dislike high pitched noises
teach me oh wise one
>>
File: image.jpg (152KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
152KB, 1600x1200px
Can confirm, I am female and I own 3 birds

Here is my African grey. The rest are conures. They fight though, so I have to keep them apart.
>>
File: image.jpg (161KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
161KB, 1600x1200px
>>2234835
Eh you better do your research

Birds are high-effort pets, smarter ones require tons of attention.

I personally let my birds roam the house. Yes, sometimes they sneak out, but they always come back.

And reminder: don't fucking clip their wings
>>
>>2234839
yeah, that's why I haven't bought one yet. maybe start with budgies etc and build knowledge before getting cooler stuff. I might just not be a bird person tho
>>
File: 1450302561885.png (617KB, 707x682px) Image search: [Google]
1450302561885.png
617KB, 707x682px
I hate negative stereotypes about animals. The truth is that all animals are amazing.

Dogs are great for people who are active and love loyal companions.

Cats are amazing comfy roommates that like to care for themselves, and love to cuddle.

Birds are a nice challenge for a beginning pet owner. They're very unique and fun friends who need a little extra care.

Fish are amazing animals for beginners. They're not so affectionate but still appreciate your presence.

I could go on and on.

There's nothing wrong with being indifferent about a species of animals, but just be aware that some animals are for some people.
>>
>>2233367
Plants are pretty meme tier
>>
>>2234835
They screech. There's no way around it. My black-headed caique isn't very noisy but when she wants to be oh boy she will drive you nuts. If you can't handle loud noises don't get a parrot.
>>
File: IMG_20160824_220421932.jpg (2MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160824_220421932.jpg
2MB, 4160x2340px
>>2235299
Pic of the little devil
>>
>>2234968
This! All animals are perfect. They evolved over hundreds and thousands of years. Every animal is a miracle of life.
>>
>>2234835
Get a pair of doves. I hear ring necks are the most popular because they're the most tame/domesticated.

They can be loud, but don't screech.
>>
Cats are sassy, sarcastic, and smarter than dogs. The last one is factually incorrect. People mistake loyalty for stupidity. Studies show dogs are smarter. They were bred to be smarter.

>>2234968

Beginners don't have the patience or drive for fish. They won't give their fish huge tanks, clean the tanks as needed, feed them correctly, etc.
>>
>>2233345
this cartoon is awful

collegehumor turbo normie tier

you should feel ashamed for saving it
>>
>>2233340
Outdoor cat owners are lazy and selfish
>>
>>2235457
You're a whore
Kys
>>
File: 1473669534801.jpg (221KB, 918x1224px) Image search: [Google]
1473669534801.jpg
221KB, 918x1224px
>>2233343
>they only own basic pet shop species like budgies and cockatiels, anything that's more complicated than a quaker parrot is too much for them.

Actually, i feel that only lonely, single, insane women are capable of taking care of birds like cockatoos for their lifetime.

Any sane man would know to stay away from long-lived noisy parrots. It is basically like taking care of a toddler for 80 years.

Meanwhile, plenty of men are shooting or throwing their dogs off bridges because they can't handle their testosterone fuelled rage if their pets do things they don't like.
>>
>>2233356
Anyone who owns birds know that they are NOT good for people with allergies, especially the dusty species like cockatiels and cockatoos.

Fuckin idiot.
>>
File: IMG_6273.jpg (791KB, 2272x1704px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6273.jpg
791KB, 2272x1704px
Im a bird person and female. Have a cockatiel pair and a budgie im training for my mother.

Birds are very interactive and interesting. A challenge to train but very satisfying. It is quite sad that so many people do not know how to train and tame for these animals. oftentimes they are fed a seed mix, never let out of their cage, and die early.

I also like exotics like reptiles and arthropods, as i am an attention whoring edgy special snowflake who listens to dark music.
>>
>>2235699
You sound like me. Birds are great. I have a caique pair and love training them. I've taught them to play dead, fetch, and to poop on command and only in they're designated poop spots. What kind of dark music you listen to?
>>
>>2235457
hmm, that sounds kinda cool, I don't think I'd mind doves, they coo like pigeons don't they? love that noise
>>
>>2235693
It really depends. I'm extremely allergic to cats but I can deal with birds fine. Some birds are extremely dusty though. For whatever reason they don't bother my allergies.
>>
>>2235692

wtf is that picture?
>>
>>2234913
better be careful, you'll end up with one that'll outlive you by 30 years
>>
>>2236215
dehoofed hoof
>>
File: d96.jpg (27KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
d96.jpg
27KB, 600x600px
i am a male and i love rats and i like birds, particularly pigeons. i think pigeons are sweet and i held one and let it eat out of my hand one time it made me feel at peace
>>
>>2233340
Does anyone think beastyality should be legal?
>>
Anyone think beastualitttyyy should be legal? cause I do
>>
>>2236534
How is it still a hoof then?
>>
>>2236538
You should get a Senegal parrot or a caique. They are very snugly birds.
>>
File: spyro.jpg (2MB, 3517x2988px) Image search: [Google]
spyro.jpg
2MB, 3517x2988px
>>2233383
Fuck off you edgelord. I've got a bearded dragon and my brother has a tortoise.

They're great animals, and are suited to my current situation in life so that I can effectively care for him. Fuck off with your autism
>>
File: cunt.jpg (12KB, 244x206px) Image search: [Google]
cunt.jpg
12KB, 244x206px
>>2236546
>>2236548
>>
File: shiggy piggy.jpg (111KB, 793x793px) Image search: [Google]
shiggy piggy.jpg
111KB, 793x793px
>>2237194
>types the reply with foam coming out of his mouth
>keeps beardie on a paper towel
found the living stereotype
>>
>>2237200
No foam in my mouth, but beyond your aspegers... What's wrong with paper towels? They're easy to clean, soft, they don't harbor bacteria or get moldy, I tried tile, rep carpet, (sand a shit so fuck that)

Please tell me why it's so terrible I'm really curious
>>
>>2237011
I wouldn't recommend a caique unless the person is experienced. They tend to be very strong willed and require training to not be constant shitheads.
>>
>>2237200
Nice meme, explain your autism
>>
File: IMG_20161008_090637893.jpg (2MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161008_090637893.jpg
2MB, 4160x2340px
>>2237218
Sure they're willful but caiques are the most playful snuggly little clowns. Any parrot needs training to not be a shit.
>>
Rabbit owners tend to use too many emojis and diminutive phrases. They are just really weird .
>>
What about stereotypes perpetuated by the media?

>iguanas eat meat
>rabbits love carrots
>mice love cheese
>pigs are gross and dumb
>sphinxes and persians are mean and only for rich old women
>pugs are adorkable and have no health issues
>greyhounds are super energetic
>bloodhounds are lazy
>beagles are great for families
>westies and yorkies are low maintenance
>black cats are evil
>dobbies, pit bulls, german shepherds, etc are scary and mean
>>
>>2238862

>sharks deliberately hunt people regularly
>turtles are fine in a bowl with a little island
>goldfish are fine in bowls
>>
>>2233340
>but I always assume bird people are women
Probably because women are a lot more vocal about it. Facebook has been a way to show this, as a guy with a bird I've joined several FB groups about parrots, and 90% of postings are from women taking bi-daily pictures of their birds. Plus almost every person with more than 2 birds seems to be female with a few exceptions.

>>2238862
>Birds and round cages
>Expectation that all pet birds will learn to talk, regardless of species
>>
>>2236538
I love pigeons!
A dream of mine would definitely be to build an enclosure/coop/garden area for them and me where I could read and chill out with them.

But then again that's just a dream. I'd probably just still take care of cats lol
>>
>>2236534
what can be done about it? is there some kind of prosthesis or you have to take the horse down?
>>
>>2239160

It's a fingernail basically.

I assume it'll grow back in time.
>>
File: GXAnJxx.gif (2MB, 420x275px) Image search: [Google]
GXAnJxx.gif
2MB, 420x275px
Snail owners don't have stereotypes, do they? They're a pretty low maintenance but cute pet.
>>
File: IMG_20161007_092604285.jpg (907KB, 2340x1316px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161007_092604285.jpg
907KB, 2340x1316px
>>2239209
Snails are great. I've got 3. Trump, Hilary, and Bernie.
>>
>>2239209
Those are the african giant snails? Good luck not getting diseased.

>>2239155
Are you Mike Tyson?
>>
>>2239268
yeah, tyson's love for pigeons reminded me of forest whitakers character in Ghost Dog. Also Heard Tyson once beat some thug half to death when he hurt his pigeons.
>>
>>2236215
>>2239160
I've seen that picture posted before with the explanation that it's the foot of a dead horse, and the hoof capsule has been removed post-mortem (probably to study the horse's anatomy). I'm not sure how easy it would be for that capsule to detach from a live horse's foot, but if that were to happen, my guess is the horse would be shit out of luck. Horses are heavy animals with thin legs, and limb injuries on them tend to be treated with gunshot to the head.
>>
>>2238862
>everything that's not conideres a mainstream pet is extremely dangerous and the owners are clearly psychopaths

Because all tarantulas and snakes are 100% deadly and their only goal in life is to eat/kill as many children as possible. Yes.

You'd think nowadays with all the documentaries and zoos and such people would know better but no.
>>
>>2235457
"Dogs are smarter" So? is there some point to this statement or is it
>M-m-muh pet's smerter
>>
>>2239268
>Good luck not getting diseased.
Luckily snail keepers don't eat their pets so even if our snails did somehow come into contact with rat droppings and picked up rat lungworm we would still be safe.
>>
>>2234839
>And reminder: don't fucking clip their wings
You're the only one who seems to hold that view on here.
>>
>>2239239
Did you glue mood to the snail's shell?
>>
>>2240898
>mood
Moss*
>>
>>2233701
>>2233702
Sorry but if you don't like dogs or cats then you're just an autist with no humanity and should be euthanized before you get the chance to pull a columbine
>>
>>2233701
Wow. That sucks.

Around here it is VERY rude to let your dog jump on someone. People always (at least attempt) to correct their dog when it jumps. I think the mammal/bird owners and reptile/fish owners are pretty even around here. A lot even have both. Where are you from? Also, what pets do you like?
>>
>>2240921
I like dogs, I don't like cats but I don't dislike them either (wouldn't have one as a pet, but I have no problem with cat people)
>>
I always think indoor cat owners are women who are very lonely and usually single, like to knit, and have cat hair everywhere. Outdoor cat owners are usually men.

I think most dog owners are usually men that tie their dogs up in the backyard or take them hunting. Female dog owners are usually white and like toy breeds, and usually don't know what they're doing, but the dog is like their baby. I also think female dog owners are more likely to return their dogs, but at the same time demonize others who have to rehome or euthanize for any reason, like the dog mauled a kid.

For both men and women, I think cat and/or dog people are usually very vicious to people who don't like either animal, either due to bad experiences or allergies. Cat and dog owners usually prefer their pet to humans, and are most likely not to smile or be courteous to people around them.

Most of these are probably not true but just stuff I've noticed over the years from reading pet forums and social media.
>>
How autistic is this thread lmao
>>
>>2240898
Yes. He has a world class toupee. His name is Trump.
>>
>>2233505
>Men - involved in aquascaping, meticulous research, and tendency to keep biome specific fish with more complex specifications. Will focus more on the environment than the fish. Can range between small to massive aquariums
>Women - treat fish more as decor, will get more simpler, colorful fish. Sometimes more variety in the fish kept even if they do not live together in the wild. Will focus more on the fish than the environment. Generally only keeps smaller aquariums
>>
>>2241226
This is very true.
>>
>Turtle owners are fucking terrible

This is about the only stereotype I can think of for turtles/tortoises owners, as every reptile stereotype seems to only apply to snake/lizard fags. They seem to be far less vocal
>>
Not a stereotype, but no one fucking takes care of their birds properly and it pisses me off

Also all horse girls are lying whores
>>
>>2233384
only on four chan dot net
>>
>>2233343
I'm not even usually triggered by shit like that but that statement was just plain wrong and stupid.
>>
>>2233340
Fuck you
t. Falconeer
>>
>>2233340

Every person I ever knew that had a large parrot was always white trash, huge cage, usually in the kitchen, yuk, and bird shit and feathers everywhere, disgusting

Rat and mice folks, homes usually smell worse than cat people, let the rats out to run around, not eating there

Rabbiters, house smells, usually pellets and thick piss all over, waiting for the wire chewing to start

Fish Folks, never just 1 tank, but a room full or rooms full or a basement full, house is like a sauna, high amount of humidity, goldfishers, bad smell, tropical hey look at my Cichlids, salt water weirdos got a new 500 gallon tank setup, only 25 grand, glub glub

Cat ladies, ammonia smell, litter in the hair, smeared lipstick, cat shit everywhere, it just a temporary reduce, no it's your 27th cat, but no one will care for them

Back yard dog breeder, 100 pound sack of Kirtland dog kibble a day for the 14 dogs and they only pick up the shit when the city comes around, flies all over, concrete yard, gagging inside my house

Jesus Christ

Don't even start me on the buggers
>>
>>2242326
I thought this thread was about cat people, your just talking about cat likers.
>>
>>2233345
Tarantulas are like the easiest pets I've ever had.
>>
>>2235428
>ring necks are the most popular because they're the most tame/domesticated.

Nope
>>
>>2233367
says the board's meme pet
>>
>>2239209
I love him, right on little dude
>>
>Husky/fox owners are furfags.
>>
>>2238862
>iguanas eat meat

I have met so many fucking old people who look at me wierd for not feeding my iguana cat food and crickets because "thats what we did in the 80's!"
And when I try to explain to them that iguanas are pretty strictly herbivores they refuse to accept it.
Only people worse are the "my cousins sisters aunts friends ex boyfriend had a 8 foot long python that he let roam around and woke up with it stretched out next to him after not eating for a week and when he brought it to the vet the vet said it was sizing him up to eat him so he shot it"
Ill go fucking nuclear on the next person who says this.
>>
>>2238862
>dobies, pit bulls, german shepherds, etc are scary and mean
truth hurts bitch
>>
>>2233703
>Smarter
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH

When your lizard can accomplish any task other than becoming food or a purse for an Argentinian you let me know.
>>
>>2244748
most reptiles are birds.

let me know once your shit pest developes flight.
>>
>>2233703
Squamata have simple emotions thus they dont care about you.
>>
>>2243273
Certainly true about fox owners.
>>
>>2233345
>I'm Weird
At least it has the best girl on the right

But yeah pretty incorrect
>>
>>2233345
Whoever made this had no idea what they were talking about.
>>
>>2233356
>>2233365
>>2233428
>>2233518
>>2233567
>>2233698

You do realize that triptrolls like bugguy can be blocked, yes?
Instead of the rest of us having to wade through all your bickering. Anyone who starts up with bugguy is just falling for his trap and giving him what he wants: attention
>>
What say you about hermit crabs?
>>
>>2243273

Husky owners have are often wolfaboos and fox owners are pretty much always fox fangirls.

>>2244714

People gave their iggies meat? I thought that was a cartoon cliche! They would have died within months.

>>2244742

You sound like a wimp.
>>
>>2240885

The thread is about stereotypes. People stereotype cats as smart while dogs are dumb. Factually, dogs are actually smarter than cats.

>>2240876

People know corn snakes aren't dangerous but they're still scared of them. A cute little orange snake isn't gonna hurt you, seriously.
>>
>>2247850
My mom is afraid of all snakes, including corns, ball pythons or hell those sand boas that looks more like sausages than snakes. She thinks either they're venomous or will strangle you in your sleep if they get out

I can never own a tube dude of my own until I can finally afford my own place.
>>
All petfags are immoral freaks who get off on controlling, imprisoning, and dominating helpless animals.
>>
>>2233357
But literally all the breeds you just named are black person breeds.
>>
>>2248363
stop whiteknighting animals

but seriously why do some people have the urge to keep pets?
is it godlike domination
fascination
childish and emotional toy collecting
maternal instincts?
is it part of our farmer genetics?

I understand having dogs, farm animals. also a cat or a bird but not the need to keep less interactive and useful fish, reptiles, frogs or insects.
>>
>>2233357
"Latino" is not a race dude
>>
>>2236538
>>2239155
Mike pls stay
>>
>>2251264

I know. That's what I said. I am half-black and also happen to be latino. 'No clue what raise my non-black relative is.

>>2250488

I just enjoy learning about animals and find them fun.

>>2247596

"No one owns hermit crabs."
>>
>>2250488

>owning a pet for comfort, tool/food use, and interactivity is justified

Kinda hypocritical there, don't you think? (inb4 muh hunter-gathers/farmers life styles)

Having any kind of animal is technically questionable but at the root of it, people just want to own an animal because they want to, as simple as that. People want dogs for whatever guard or service duty too sure but even then, people get dogs, cats, birds, interactive mammals simply because they want them.

It's why non useful dog breeds and domestic cats exist, captive bred exotic birds, and all the like.

That said, same is pretty much true for the rest: people just want them, despite whatever other reasoning they need to justify it. Non interactive have those other reasons replaced with fascination, learning about said animals and their environments, therapeutic effects in observations (why do you think public places like doctor offices, restaurants, and other business keep aquariums for public viewing? )
Thread posts: 162
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.