[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

University student here. I'm moving to a family owned a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (36KB, 329x327px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36KB, 329x327px
University student here. I'm moving to a family owned a house next year, but will be living there by myself and another family renting it.
Anyways, I wanted to get a cat and picked out a ragdoll breed that I liked.
I don't really know anything about cats so could you catowners out there give me some advice on things to watch out for?
>>
Sometimes they scratch so watch out for that.
>>
>>2231861
How can I prevent that? Should i be wrapping furniture in something?
>>
if you're getting kittens, two are better than one. they need to be at least 8 weeks, closer to 12 is better.

-feed wet food only. it'll help cut down on health issues later in life.
-get a cat tree, they need a high vantage point and something to scratch.
-clean the litterbox daily, full clean weekly
-handle the cat frequently to make them easier to pick up and at the vet. don't set them down until they stop squirming
-you can clicker train your cat
-handle and mess with their paws to train them to get used to it so you can trim their nails
-don't declaw
-keep them indoors unless you harness train them
>>
>>2231869
Wow thanks a lot for those. Do you know if there's anything I can do to prevent stuff like barfing or overeating?
>>
>>2231884
overeating is usually only an issue if you free feed dry. dry food expands in the stomach which can cause barfing.. try to feed them at the same time every day, don't just leave food out.

if you get kittens you can't overfeed them, so I give them as much canned food as they want. my two kitties have never thrown up on canned food, I think it's really only an issue with dry.
>>
Good to know. Do you also have a rough idea on how much it costs to feed wet food per month?
I'd think it would vary depending on the brand but how much does it cost you for yours?
>>
>>2231902
it probably costs me about $40 to feed my two kittens. I do tend to buy the cheaper brands though. kittens eat a ton more food than adults do, so the price will go down as they get older. stock up when there are sales and buy large cans to cut down on costs.

I am a poorfag but I want my kittens to eat well. according to my research, even the worst canned food is better than the best dry foods. you can find grain free options at every price point though.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.