[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I found out yesterday that my cat's kidneys are failing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_20160930_163802.jpg (302KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160930_163802.jpg
302KB, 1440x1080px
I found out yesterday that my cat's kidneys are failing and he's slowly poisoning to death, vet says he only has a few days left, if that. How can I make sure he feels loved in his last days?

He won't eat anything, not even treats. I have to feed him via a syringe so he gets some nutrients.
>>
>>2231615
Why are you torturing him by keeping him alive?
>>
>>2231618
I think its unfair to end their life before their time
>>
>>2231620
Yet you're feeding him through a syringe. It's obviously his time; you're just making him suffer because you're selfish.
>>
>>2231621
Maybe because he's my first and I can't bear to let him go
>>
>>2231622
No shit. You're keeping him alive and letting him suffer for selfish reasons.

You can't stand the thought of letting him go but making him suffer doesn't bother you.. you shouldn't ever get another pet.
>>
>>2231624
Of course it bothers me, I've been a wreck just trying to comprehend the gravity of it all
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>2231615
Sorry bro. Same thing happened to my little guy about two weeks ago. He will become very miserable and it is best to have him put to sleep so he doesn't suffer. I know how you feel about it being unfair (feels like leading him to the slaughter) but when they get to the point where they are no longer eating they are suffering and it's time. Much love and God bless.
>>
I know that you really care a lot but you should really consider putting your friend down. Animals don't really have the consciousness to be able to say enough is enough it's all up to you to manage his pain.

That being said, we all know people that would rather bleed out slowly than be put down before"their time". That view alone requires a human consciousness deeper than just live/die. Your pet doesn't have human morality and it doesn't have goals other than spending time with you and not hurting. Do the hard thing and put him down for his sake. It doesn't make you a bad owner.
>>
The only time I could schedule is this upcoming monday at 3...
>>
>>2231615
I used to run dialysis patients to their appointments. Trust me. Renal failure makes you feel so shitty you want to die. Your friend wants to die. I promise you. It sucks. Your doing the right thing though
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.