[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Montreal passes controversial pit bull ban

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 271
Thread images: 25

File: 000 not a bull.jpg (101KB, 693x720px) Image search: [Google]
000 not a bull.jpg
101KB, 693x720px
>Nearly three months after a brutal dog attack that claimed the life of a Montreal woman, the city has passed its contentious pit bull ban.

>The city announced that the new rules, including the ban on new ownership of pit bull or pit bull-type dogs, will go into effect across all 19 Montreal boroughs starting Oct. 3.

>Supporters argue the new regulations give priority to human safety over dog safety and that pit bull bans in other jurisdictions decreased the number of severe dog bites.

Thoughts on this?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/montreal-pit-bull-dangerous-dogs-animal-control-bylaw-1.3780335
>>
Pitbulls and not-pitbulls look tasty.
>>
BSL is generally ineffective.
>>
It's not the breed, it's how they're raised and trained. Montreal and Quebec are retarded.
>>
Really, all they need to do is prevent niggers from owning these dogs.

If they just required a license for large dog breeds, that would probably be enough.
>>
>>2229158
pit bulls have a distinct genetic make up that makes them more prone to violence. Remind you of one particular human race that makes up less than 10% the population but is responsible for over 50% of crime in the US? really makes you think.

Shitty owners exacerbate the innate problems but there are far more accounts of "family pits" attacking people unprovoked than any other dog breed.
>>
I was hoping that retarded new regulation wouldn't go through. I wonder if Montreal SPCA is going to stick to their word and end services there.
>>
good, fuck pitbulls
>>
>>2229158
>it's how they're raised and trained.
they only appeal to people that won't train or raise them properly.

it doesn't make a difference.
>>
>>2229146
>boxer kills woman
>ban the ultra generic "pit bull" name

fuck canada
>>
kinda wish they would do that here. fucking youngsters and their crazy amstaffs are everywhere here. one day i went to the store and guy was on the ground bleeding from his arm and a clerk was holding onto a furious pitbull by its neck skin and some idiot 14 y/o trying to get a leash on the dog.
>>
>>2229183
Same with small dogs but the only time people get mad about them being violent is when I curb stomp the little shits for biting my ankle.
>>
>>2229226
>Same with small dogs
no.
>>
>>2229146
>and that pit bull bans in other jurisdictions decreased the number of severe dog bites.

Did it now?
>>
>>2229168
>one particular human race that makes up less than 10% the population but is responsible for over 50% of crime in the US

Well, you just confirmed it:

>It's not the breed, it's how they're raised and trained
>>
Why don't they ban retard from owning them. It is not that hard
>Make dog licenses difficult to get by gating it behind a test that forces people to learn about dog behavior and proper training
>$1000 fine and your dog will be confiscated for not having a license.
You could apply this to pit bulls only but it should be applied to all dogs.
>>
>>2229168
>there are far more accounts of "family pits" attacking people unprovoked than any other dog breed
Because "family pits" means exactly that - dogs without proper training and socialization.
>>
>>2229158

There is no breed. Pit Bulls refer to multiple breeds.

>>2229168

They're dog aggressive, not people aggressive. I don't know about all Pit Bull breeds but know Staffies are bred to be people friendly. They used to be called "Nanny dogs". Many breeds are dog aggressive though. This just means they need a good owner who knows how to train them. They're not beginner dogs, but not exactly hard dogs either.
>>
>>2229245
It probably did. Take this >>2229183 into account. Also, banning any dog breed capable of severe biting will decrease the number of severe bites, although how much depends on the breed.
>>
It wasn't even a pit bull type that killed the women

>Tfw people will still defend this

>>2229245
I too would like to know more about that because as far as I can see, all long term bans show no change or an increase in attacks

>>2229257
Because it's racist anon. That's why we have to pay niggers and spics more money for doing a terrible job, because equality

>>2229265
Then any dog over 30lbs should be banned
>>
>>2229265
>although how much depends on the breed.
it doesn't depend on the breed, it only depends on the people that are interested in it.
>>2229259
>Pit Bulls refer to multiple breeds.
pitbull is an umbrella term for anything 'bully'
>>
File: mastif.jpg (142KB, 960x848px)
mastif.jpg
142KB, 960x848px
>>2229289
>Then any dog over 30lbs should be banned
most of them don't cause any trouble because they're too high end for shit owners.

pretty much all dogs involved in killing people were owned by white trash and women.
>>
>>2229293

That's what I said. It refers to various breeds and mixes of said breeds. Tbqh, I am sure some even consider Boxers and American Bulldogs to be Pit Bulls.
>>
Why not ban the actual dangerous breeds like English Cocker Spaniels and Chihuahuas? You're more likely to get mauled by a Yorkie or Chi tbqh. I had a Chihuahua as a kid and he was a sweet guy but god did he have a complex. He went up to big dogs and acted like he was Mr. Hot Stuff. Never got into a fight but these types of dogs could easily be dog or even people aggressive without proper training (and let's be honest, most Chihuahua owners don't train their dogs or even treat them like adults).
>>
>>2229300
no you said it refers to multiple breeds, but most pitbulls aren't a part of any specific breed, they're mutts.

american bulldogs are 'bully' hence the name.
>>
>>2229293
It does depend on the breed. The reason why it depends on the breed is another question, but honestly, at least partially it's the breed's genetics.

>>2229304
They can be agressive but their agressiveness isn't likely to cause any damage.
>>
>>2229305

They're mixes of actual breeds or somewhere down the line were related to a purebred.
>>
>>2229307
>It does depend on the breed
the breed of people attracted by it.
>>2229309
they're a mix of mixed mix dogs with mixed parents.

true mutts.
>>
>>2229258
doesn't matter because once again pits are genetically hardwired to be more aggressive. Think about a lab, golden retriever, or just random mutt that hasn't been trained or socialized. The chance of them attacking their owners is infinitely smaller than a shitty pit bull.
>>
>>2229319
>The chance of them attacking their owners is infinitely smaller than a shitty pit bull.
they're also less likely to be owned by the type of people that like pitbulls.
>>
>>2229322

Yup. I'm a black guy from an urban environment (not a ghetto but not middle class suburbia) and everyone either owns a Chihuahua or a Pit Bull type dog. You'll see people with a Goldie or a Husky but they're rare, like seeing someone in a sweater vest. People want to present a certain image and having a certain type of dog helps that image in their minds. They see all the hiphop stars with their dogs on choke collars and want that too. Sadly they forget the actual "training" part of owning dogs. Most people do.

I like Staffies but I don't care for this image... Like at all. If I had a dog, I'd want to avoid calling her a Pit. It's true but when I hear "Pit Bull" I tend to think of morons who think frog bullies are actually good.
>>
What's the next "'Dangerous' breed that makes people freak out and causes moms to hide their children"? Dobies, GS', and Rotties had their times in the 20th century. This whole Pit Bull think can't last forever. I'm betting on Mastiffs or Akita.
>>
>>2229337
whatever is popular with the type of people that currently own pitbulls.

if all of their hip-hop idols start owning corgis those will be the next.
>>
>>2229337
we'll have to see what p.daddy and usher posts on instagram
>>
File: oh no.jpg (43KB, 640x640px)
oh no.jpg
43KB, 640x640px
>>2229350
aw shi-
>>
>>2229337
How about these guys >>2229106? I feel like should they get even slightly popular and the haters won't calm down until they're banned.
>>
>>2229244
Small dog's are mostly raised by retards who think having an untrained yapping shit is cute. If you can't train your dog and it bites me I'm gonna kick it. Go a head and call the cops they'll side with me.
>>
>>2229337
Whatever is on top of the "fatal dog attacks" list.

Can you blame people?
>>
>>2229388
>Small dog's are mostly raised by retards who think having an untrained yapping shit is cute.
no, that's just the ones that stand out.

most 'small' breeds have a good reputation.
>>
>>2229403
Only because they're bites aren't reported unless it's in incredibly rare circumstances.
>>
>>2229421
>Only because they're bites aren't reported unless it's in incredibly rare circumstances.
because they're not worth reporting
>>
>>2229421
most small breeds aren't the yapping chihuahuas and yorkies you're familiar with.

they're not reported because there's nothing to report, schnauzers for example are great dogs.
>>
>>2229421
>>2229428
my nephew was playing in my yard when my neighbor let his chi outside, ran into my yard and bit my nephew while he was playing in the sandbox. The dog had no vaccinations, the owner was rude as fuck, and Animal Control refused to come and sieze the dog for a 10 day bite quarantine even though it is the law here. So instead of the dog staying on a 10 day quarintine, my nehew had to have a series of shots and it cost my brother a small fortune.

Small dog owners can be very scummy. ACO won't even come to pick up an aggressive small dog, the news would probably laugh at you
>>
>>2229434
call the cops for dangerous animals, they're the ones that'll shoot things. animal control is for dead deer and sick raccoons.
>>
>>2229434
chihuahuas don't represent 'small' dogs.

it's like grouping pitbulls and labradors together.
>>
>>2229437
In my country, chis are about the 3rd most popular dog breed and the most popular small dog breed, so they represent a large portion of small dogs. I didn't say all small dog owners are scummy, just that they can be scummy just like any other size of dog dog owner.
>>
>>2229442
chihuahua owners are shitty for the same reason pitbull owners are.

pitbulls don't make all large dogs bad dogs and chihuahuas shouldn't make all small dogs bad dogs.
>>
>>2229146
Wonderful these dangerous animals should be off the street.
>>2229160
>preventing niggers from breaking the law
If this was possible the black crime rate would be nonexistent.
>>
File: 1426198198985.jpg (109KB, 998x974px) Image search: [Google]
1426198198985.jpg
109KB, 998x974px
>they go through with this
>another dog takes top spot on bite list
>woops! Another dangerous dog, time to ban them now too! :)
>>
>>2229158
Nigger dog for niggers
Ban assault doges
>>
>>2229460
doesn't matter what breed takes the next spot because attack rates will be way lower than shit bull rates. It's not the fact that they attack humans its the fucking rate they attack which blows every other breed's attack rate out of the water
>>
>>2229460
it's typical reactionist populist scapegoating.

i fucking hate the pitbull-hate on this board.
hate the nigger owners, but not the breed
>>
>>2229469
>>2229449

Do you guys mean all black owners or just dumb people who happen to be black? It's hard to tell what anons mean when they use the n word.
>>
>>2229469
the breed is what is dangerous. Bites from dogs not bred to fight are a non-issue
>>
>>2229488
They mean trashy people. Being black has little to do with use of nigger anywhere on this site but /pol/
>>
File: deniscoderre.jpg (67KB, 960x722px) Image search: [Google]
deniscoderre.jpg
67KB, 960x722px
WAS BANNING PIT BULLS PART OF YOUR PLAN?
>>
File: pitbull.jpg (895KB, 1352x2000px)
pitbull.jpg
895KB, 1352x2000px
she's 5/8 pitbull (american staffordshire terrier).
>>
>The new bylaw will apply to all 19 boroughs and will define pit bulls as:
>Staffordshire bull terriers.
>American pit bull terriers.
>American Staffordshire terriers.
>Any mix with these breeds.
>Any dog that presents characteristics of one of those breeds.
so literally any dog. this bill isn't going to last long.
>>
>>2229517
BIEN SÛR!
>>
>>2229146
Give this a read: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fatal_dog_attacks_in_the_United_States#Fatalities_reported_in_2016

If you have enough brain cells you will see a pattern
>>
>>2229555
Sure it will. 25lbs dogs and bigger won't be around long though.

>Tfw standard poodles are legally considered pit bulls in BSL locations in America
>>
>>2229469
Neo-/an/. The people here used to be smart enough to question their media and do their own research and come to their own conclusion. But neo-/an/ gets their info from Facebook pictures
>>
>>2229297
and niggers dont forget niggers
>>
File: 20160702_203142.jpg (3MB, 2896x2896px) Image search: [Google]
20160702_203142.jpg
3MB, 2896x2896px
>>
>>2229594
The problem with this image is that the rifle is much safer since it requires a person to be "dangerous".

The pitbull on the other hand has a mind of its own and legs. The term "loose cannon" is more appropriate for a pitbull.
>>
>>2229612
Not true, the person holding the gun can just be stupid and kill someone. Same for the dog; dog handler can just be stupid.
>>
>>2229594
but the dog has cropped years, which is like saying you sawed off the front of a shotgun
>>
>>2229259
>Pit Bulls refer to multiple breeds.
Really?
Does it include labradors?
Does it include beagles?
Does it even include Rottweilers??
Fuck no.
It includes specific dogs.
Which are pit bulls
So piss off with your akc definition.
100% of people can look at these shit dogs and say "that's a pitbull".
>>
File: breedstandardsjpeg.jpg (67KB, 594x768px) Image search: [Google]
breedstandardsjpeg.jpg
67KB, 594x768px
>>2229619
Yes, no, yes. Pic related. Only needs to meet 5 of them. Even poodles meet these requirements
>>
>>2229619
According to state laws now, pitbull is a blanket term covering every original breed of pitbull, and any dogs meeting a certain body characteristics. So labs, boxers, rotties, dobermans, German shepherds, standard poodles, and any other similar type breed legally are 'pitbulls', especially in the case of bite incidents. So this also makes the bite statistics skewed.
>>
File: 1459982123262.jpg (442KB, 638x3464px) Image search: [Google]
1459982123262.jpg
442KB, 638x3464px
>>2229146
good
>>
File: we wuz kangz.jpg (62KB, 590x882px) Image search: [Google]
we wuz kangz.jpg
62KB, 590x882px
>>2229594
>comparing an inanimate object that's only as bad as the user to an animal known for fucking snapping and killing its owner/children/other dogs
>>
>>2229616
Wrong:

The rifle can just sit there and not harm anyone.
The pitbull can fuck you up if it decides it wants to. No handler needed.
>>
>>2229708
>Spay/Neuter
>No
>>
>>2229709
The notion that Egyptians enslaved Jews is a Jewish meme, fampai. Jews aren't even explicitly present in the archaeological record. We know that there were Semitic guest workers there, but we don't know whether they were Jews, and we don't know whether they were slaves.

Still, fuck the WeWuzians.
>>
>>2229750
ancient egyptians were known to omit/scrub details from their historical records though, such as anything that makes them look bad
>>
File: 1470659336571.jpg (11KB, 242x207px)
1470659336571.jpg
11KB, 242x207px
>>2229259
>They used to be called "Nanny dogs".
Stop this shitty meme.
>>
>>2229765
I was talking about the archeological records, not historical ones.

Literally the only source that supports the idea of Egyptians enslaving Jews is the Old Testament.
>>
>>2229768

My kinder garden teacher had a huge black and white pitbull. We where 5 kids there and the only harm that dog did was fart really smelly. We use to ride the thing like a fuckin horse with not even a growl. He's name was Bucksie and I will never forget that doge!
>>
File: 1474450995711.jpg (68KB, 500x486px) Image search: [Google]
1474450995711.jpg
68KB, 500x486px
>>2229804
xD
>>
>>2229337
Akita. Mastiffs seem just generally too large and demanding for the average nigger. I'm a britfag and desu I've noticed a sudden influx in Akitas and half of them are being walked by young ladies who look physically incapable of restraining them should they flip. But maybe i am speculating..

>>2229158
>what is predictable breed behaviour
>what is their breeds ancestry
>>
>>2229146
>Less dogs become sex slaves to canadians
Good.
>>
>>2229337
Rotties scare me a lot more than any bully. Known far too many that had to be permanently chained or locked away because they were so aggressive. There was one down the road that killed itself because it charged at another dog outside while it was chained.
>>
>>2229619

Most people barely know what a Pit Bull is. Dogs get mistaken for Staffie mixes or Bully dogs all the times in shelters that have no Pit Bull in them whatsoever because their muzzles are a little short or their ears are a certain way
>>
>>2229488
>implying there's a mesningful distinction beyond a negligible amount of exceptions
>>
My ex sister-in-law's brother tried breeding pit bulls around eight years ago.

He didn't know shit about dog breeding and kept them locked up in a 10'x10' fence. It was horrible, and he eventually gave up breeding after the first two liters died of sickness and gave the surviving dogs away. Unfortunately I think people like him make up the majority of pitbull owners.

The dogs themselves were really sweet, but I remember one time two of them were smothering me and I couldn't get them off and they nearly suffocated me. I don't think I could own a dog I don't have the strength to control. Those dogs could've easily torn the shit out of me.
>>
>>2229750
This is true, the egyptians loved to record literally everything, yet didn't record that they enslaved jews. Jewspiracy

>>2229768
The Staffordshire Bull Terrier was called a nursemaid dog in the 70's

>>2229816
pit bull is not a breed but an umbrella term. 'Pit bull' breeders are largely BYBs breeding mutts. To expect a BYB to breed to standard or give a fuck about the great grandfather or even the father's temperment is silly. The pit bull type breeds are known to be very people friendly and prone to dog aggression. the issue is bad breeders that don't know what they are breeding, and in turn falsly advertised their dogs as not suspicious or dog aggressive, and give their dogs out to anyone who has the money.

Some dogs are prone to aggression, but it can be worked with. It gets harder to deal with though, when you are unaware of it or unprepared. A good breeder

>>2229822
Out of the 18 GSDs I've had to deal with, only 1 I met was able to be re-homed, nd it was a 4 month old puppy. the other 17 had to be euthanized due to aggression. GSDs have caused more attacks at the facility than any other type of dog, despite being one of the rarer dog breeds we get. One GSD sent 6 people to the ER in one outing. Out of the 18, at least 12 had actually managed to bite or attack someone. 4 had to have their head removed because they were such a danger to the public, we could not wait for the 10 day qurantine.
>>
I mean, just get the fuck over it. Bulldogs and other specific breeds shouldn't exist. Liertally your only argument for keeping pits extant is
>Muh favorite breed because edgy
>>
>>2229146
Based. Most cucked politically correct country bans the niggers of the dog world
>>
if Rottweilers were as popular among morons as pit bulls, they would have the same exact rep.

When I was 7 my asshole of a father decided to buy a Rottweiler because he liked the breed despite the fact that our family did NOT have sufficient time to give the poor creature the attention she needed (he and my mother worked full time and my sister and I were in school all day). She was so lonely she'd knock my sister and me down and pin us by sitting on our chest just because she wanted company, and several times she accidentally hurt me while being playful simply because she was a behemoth and I was so small. I remember having the distinct impression that she looked SAD and confused when this would happen, and she would still get scolded by my furious mother. Thank god after less than a year we gave her away, she deserved so much better.
>>
>>2230090
Rottweilers had that stigma ya fuckmoose. As did Dobermans and GSDs
>>
>>2229146
Pit bulls ugly up every dog that has more than 1/10th pit bull genes. Ugly dog breed. Don't even care about temper.
>>
>>2229709
>>comparing an inanimate object to an animate object because both are only as dangerous as its owner lets it be

Yes anon, that was the point.
>>
>>2229708
>single mother
>no clue about establishing or maintaining pack structure
>establishes herself and her family as subordinates to a male pit bull throughout the entire life of the dog
>has the nerve one day to challenge the authority of the pit bull and gets wrecked
>subordinate daughter then has the nerve to challenge the authority of the pit bull and gets killed

Another clueless idiot that got somebody killed due to their own ignorance.
>>
>>2229319
>I'll just pull this "statistic" straight out of my ass...
>>
>>2229780
So what are you saying, that Jews would just lie about something?

No way!
>>
>>2229252
Sorry but West african nogs just have not reached adequate levels of domestication. It's like the difference between a wolf and a golden retriever, no amount of training can make up for selection across dozens of generations.
>>
>>2230281
Should I remind you that wolves are smarter, helthier and generally stronger than dogs?
>>
>>2230301
*healthier
>>
>>2229146
Montreal people suck and are rude.
>>
>>2230302
Not an argument.
>>
>>2229594
>people are so dumb they wanna ban a gun that only shoots 223. Because it looks tactical
>meanwhile my 45-70. Can do much more damage and harm.
>pneumatic rifles aren't considered firearms and can be bought by children and can kill people.
>>
I hate people making such big deal over a few humans gettting bit or killed by dogs (I say a few compared to the world population) I hate we think we're so important we can't be killed by anything and now we want to live longer being healthy and all that, taking more and more from other species. On the other hand I also hate pit bulls for the violent tendencies. I also hate this being a topic of relevance and I hate I even commented
>>
>>2230174
if people are getting killed through ignorance, then we need better engineering controls.

Best engineering control is to completely remove the hazard if possible.

So the best solution is to get rid of the pit bulls. simple enough.
>>
>>2230510
Agree.

We should take the same approach with niggers.
>>
>>2229146
How do you describe the dogs on the right? What's the proper term. I have some friends that breed that style.
>>
>>2229919
>One GSD sent 6 people to the ER in one outing.
Wew these are quite the stories you've got.
That is quite the combo chain he had
>>
>>2230576
Bullfrogs
>>
>>2230174
dogs don't form packs, retard.
>>
>>2229146
Good, these violent beasts must be stopped
>>
>>2230576
>American bullies
>Bully mutts

>>2230608
Feral dogs sometimes form packs.
>>
>>2230608
We have feral dogs in my hometown, and they do form packs.
>>
>>2230046
well, yeah, thats the case with most non working dog breeds.
>>
>>2230635
The dog on the right is seriously the ugliest fucking thing I've ever seen. Why. Just why.
>>
>>2230638
Don't they call those guys "toadline"? It really makes you think who considers this look desirable.
>>
>>2230444
It wasn't supposed to be, just like yours. Just some irony I noticed in your comparison.
>>
Same shit that happened with GSD and Dobermans and Rotts. The difference is now we have social media so every uneducated asshole can be as loud as they want.

This is why we allow 1 politician to decide for 10,000 people. People are over-emotional knee-jerkers and it's very easy to spread discontent and misinformation through a crowd.

People have no idea what's best for them. And things like these laws are what happens when the spread of lies and misrepresented facts is so strong that it saturates a large population.

Another proud examples are the proposed constitutional amendment to ban gay marriage in early 2000's which had an enormous backing. Even when it the Supreme Court said it must be allowed, the majority population was still against it.

Weed is another example. The majority is fine with weed being legalized, but couldn't tell you the actual health risks because people are so loudly screaming that it's safer than water. And yes, there are a few that people *need* to know. Such as brick-walling mental development of people still undergoing puberty which has been proven across the board and across the seas by dozens of studies. But people don't know about.

Point being, people are retards. Trust large groups of specialists. Ignore crowds, the news, and social media. And large groups of animal specialists are in tears about how pit bulls get treated - both by bad owners, then the consequential media.
>>
>>2230631
no.

pack structure has never been observed in dogs.
>>2230633
a group of random dogs isn't a pack.

look at it like a bunch of vultures scattered around a corpse, they're only together because they're after the same resources, they quickly disband afterwards.
>>
>>2229146
I wrote this as a vent. Was going to post it on Facebook, but it's really not something that normies would deal with well:

>Trying so hard not to reply to incredibly dumb pro-pitbull memes about Montreal is amazingly difficult...not sure I can resist much longer.

My favourite is the new story about a dog whose test results proved it "wasn't a pit bull". Guess what, potatoes, nobody gives a flying fuck about that particular dog. Wake me up when the canine that KILLED the woman in MTL is proven to "not be a pit bull". I'll be waiting, patiently. Not that it matters, even if that woman *was* killed by some other breed, pit bulls have still slaughtered exponentially more than their fair share.

Oh, sorry–what's that? You didn't realize your arguments automatically imply that you believe a breed of dog is more important than the lives of human beings? Amusing. Combine every pit bull's life (that ever existed, or will exist) and it still won't come close to being worth all the MANY human lives that have been violently and painfully destroyed by this breed. You guys realize a dog breed is something that people invented, right? It's not a fucking species of wild animal that deserves special respect. Men with violence in mind bred different breeds together to build the dogs that fall under the umbrella term "pit bull". They were not bred to snuggle kittens and babies. They were bred to fight/kill opponent dogs. If you don't believe this is true then you need to educate yourself. If you have read these facts and deny them, then I have no problem calling you an idiot.

Every time I see a story about a little boy or girl, who had their faces ripped off, I think about you morons and your stupid fucking arguments, such as:
"Any dog can be violent", "it's all the owner's fault", "the doggie was abused", "my friend's dog is the sweetest", "my dog likes to cuddle with ducklings", "my IQ is below 12", etc.
>>
>>2230727
second part (I fucked up the green text, who cares):

>I don't even know why I need to type this particular bit up, but people get so, so triggered by reality, so here goes:
• Not ALL individual pit bulls are going to attack.
• I'm SURE lots and lots of pit bulls are very nice dogs.
• MOST pit bulls will never harm anyone.
So, you might think: "why does Matt seem to hate them so much if he just said most pit bulls aren't a problem?"
It's very simple reader, it's because so FEW pit bull fans understand the risks involved with the breed, and that so MANY of them dismiss the stories of death and mauling when they pop up. This breed is loved by people who refuse to see the dog's heritage as relevant. There are way too many pro-pit bull advocates and "experts" who spread misleading statements and deny any issues exist. These people only cause more problems, because they spread the message that pit bulls are a worry-free breed and that nothing bad can ever happen. The truth is that pit bulls are responsible for far, far, FAR more deaths than any other dog. There is no way to explain that. Any reasoning you come up with is irrelevant. Nobody who has lost a loved one is going to give a flying fuck about your naive rationales.

Yes, deaths will always occur when animals are kept as pets. Lots of dogs can be dangerous, but at the end of the day, pit bulls are the undisputed KINGS of risk--don't agree? Ok, fine, I have zero fucks to give, and if your pit bull ever attacks you or someone you know, I will likely not say a word, but you can be guaranteed that in the back of my mind I will be screaming "I told you so", not out of spite, but because your denial and willful ignorance has earned by disrespect.
>>
>deed not breed

I keep seeing this. This isnt a solution to the problem.
>>
>>2230731
No kidding, where's the logic?
>Little kid gets killed. Oh, time to punish the deed!

It's too late you mouthbreathing fuckburger, the kid is dead. Punishment irrelevant. Next action is terminating the dog, not training it.
>>
I'll tell you what is going to happen. Everyone will still have pit bulls, except now they will be too scared to show them in public. This means no walking, no socialization, no professional training, no obedience classes, no veteniary visits and vaccinations, etc.

Congratulations, Montreal, you've just made the problem at *LEAST* 10 times worse.

Do you really think people are going to just start killing their pets because the law says so? This is vote-whoring. The politicians know it's pointless legislation. It has nothing to do with dogs, and it just made the problem so much worse.
>>
>>2230751
Licensing all dogs of a particular temperment, size or breed trait. Forcing obedience classes and paid licenses. If not the dog will be culled.

Making people pay will likely stop people from irresponsibly owning them for image. Also, breeders will be regulated and the breed itself would not undergo multiple and degenerative crossbreeding.

It wont stop the problem but its a start.
>>
>>2230745
>Do you really think people are going to just start killing their pets because the law says so?

Did you even read the story? Or know at all what's going on? The law doesn't say Pit Bull owners have to kill their pets (lol). Just register them, spay/neuter them, and have them wear a muzzle when in public.
>>
>>2230858
So you can adopt new pit bulls if they are registered and neutered?
>>
File: Get in the boat.jpg (12KB, 297x170px) Image search: [Google]
Get in the boat.jpg
12KB, 297x170px
>>2230608
Where do you idiots get your information from, PETA? Have you ever even owned a dog? Do you even know what a dog is?

http://nativenewsonline.net/currents/49-year-old-woman-killed-by-pack-of-wild-rez-dogs-on-the-rosebud-indian-reservation/

>Packs of dogs known as “rez dogs” have been a significant problem on reservations and have caused numerous deaths in recent years on different reservations in Indian Country.

How about you fuck off back to your short bus now.
>>
>>2230631
>>2230633

Don't bother.

This person>>2230608 is pants on head retarded.
>>
File: 1475241616834.png (429KB, 399x614px) Image search: [Google]
1475241616834.png
429KB, 399x614px
>>2230881
if your 'evidence' is anecdotes and poorly written news stories I'll excuse myself here.
>>
>>2230888
>chick gets killed by feral dog pack on the rez
>"anecdotal"

Just fuck off, already.
>>
>>2230897
>And where do you propose cities find the staff and money for dog licensing and enforcing the license when most animal control departments are stretched ungodly thin as is?

Oh, I don't know...maybe they could stop giving single mothers, students, and foreigners other peoples tax dollars and make them earn their own fucking money like everyone else?
>>
>>2230869
No, you can't get new ones.
>>
File: effect-of-pit-bull-ban-toronto.png (99KB, 400x339px) Image search: [Google]
effect-of-pit-bull-ban-toronto.png
99KB, 400x339px
Pitbulls are already banned in Ontario.

It has been very effective in decreasing dog attacks.
>>
>>2230897
>Switzerland tried mandatory dog training. Didnt do shit and they recently stopped the requirement.
really? sounds like a good idea desu

>And where do you propose cities find the staff and money for dog licensing and enforcing the license when most animal control departments are stretched ungodly thin as is?
to test dog behavior you dont even need people who know anything about dogs. you can make it completely behavioristic.

>expose dog to loud person running at it threateningly
>if dog keeps calm it passes the test
>if dog attacks person, owner goes to jail, dog gets put down
doing mandatory tests like these at regular intervals shouldnt be too expensive and would really help cutting down on garbage dog owners
>>
>>2230931
>expose dog to loud person running at it threateningly
>if dog keeps calm it passes the test
>if dog attacks person, owner goes to jail, dog gets put down
is this bait
>>
>>2230931
>please step out of your vehicle and bring your dog around back
>officer johnson, bring out the clown so we can check if this dog should get shot
>>
>>2230894
>nativenewsonline
sure kiddo.
>>
>>2229146
>pitbull type
How can they do this? That's so open ended for a law
>>
>>2230931
>>
>>2230924

> GSD following the same trend.
The ban doesn't include GSDs. Are there other laws/policies being enforced in Ontario together with?

> Rottie bites trending up.
It seems this guy >>2230751 does know what's up.
>>
>>2230897
>Switzerland tried mandatory dog training. Didnt do shit and they recently stopped the requirement.

Obedience training is a tool, not a solution. It's just getting your dog to do what you say. It is solely dependent on the owner. If the owner is bad, it isn't going to change anything.

Obedience training won't stop a dog from leaving the yard and killing people. That is where professional trainers come in - ones that do stuff that you can't learn from a YouTube video. They can better assist YOU in correcting that behavior. But again, YOU have to play ball and do exactly what they say.
>>
>>2230924

All the chart shows is that people who weren't committed stopped owning put bills, and switched to another breed. In 10 years, it will be the 1980's again in Toronto with Rottweiler's chewing up people left and right.

It's a solution, just a short-term one. The end game should be a way to get people who only are committed to their pets to owning them. People that care (ie: good owners) don't let terrible things happen, and they don't own these shit blood-lines that are predisposed to this nonsense. It may come as a shock to you, but reputable breeders would never dare breed a PBT or the like that hasn't been vetted for temperament at least 4 generations beforehand. These are shit dogs with muddle bloodlines and bad owners that care causing problems.

Conversely, I seriously doubt Canada has nearly as many good breeders as the US does - of all breeds.
>>
>accompanied grandma to emergency vet to pick up her cat that was getting treatment
>two young redneck looking dudes with tattoos and their dad walk in with two pitbulls
>both were bleeding and covering with bites and scratches
>apparently "snapped" and turned on each other after being together for a year
>easily could of been either someone else's dog or a kid

Pit owners sure know how to keep enforcing the idea why everyone else hates them.
>>
Where I work the only 3 instances of dog on dog/dog on people aggression were from pits. I don't trust them, but I hope some resolution comes in terms of who can own these dogs.

Woman walks in with her pit waiting to be checked in for grooming. Another woman walks in to pick up her dog and aforementioned pit bites her right behind the hamstring. All parties and cameras show the attack as "unprovoked".

Lady standing in main aisle with her pit as I'm explaining a product to her. Mother and their two kids walk down other side of the aisle and the pit jumps at the youngest girl, snarling and spitting, and if not for the leash it probably would have grabbed her. That same customer then bought a muzzle for their dog, although the dog had received prior dog training.

We had a guy's pit jump up and pull a small mixed breed terrier from a woman's arms and thrash it along the ground. The small dog ended up being okay, but the owners euthanized the pit. Was quoted as being a 'family dog'.
>>
>>2229146
Literally all the dogs in that picture are shit bulls.

Shit bull is a blanket term covering 4 breeds, sometimes 5 depending who you're talking to.
>>
>>2230897
>propose idea
>WELL HOW WILL YOU ACHIEVE IT

Hey its not my job to run the city.

Also, here's another wondeful add on i just thought of: money from the licensing could go into our understaffed and underfunded animal departments, charities and shelters.

But no, please feel free to shit on any idea then wonder why theres a problem.
>>
>>2231067
some ideas are simply unrealistic anon

I mean we could stop wildfires by clearing away tens of thousands of acres of brush but that ain't happening either.
>>
>>2231087
Thats not even comparable!
>>
>>2230979

It's about 100,000% more likely for 2 dogs living together all the time to attach each other, then some other person's dog or kid outside of their stomping grounds. This is common sense.

If you've ever owned 2 dogs, you'd know that it's a balancing act to keep them both happy and treated equally. Restraining jealousy and resource guarding issues can be hard for any pair of dogs, but some dogs are more prone then others. If it's not managed, they CAN lash out against each other. It doesn't take a lot of work to have separate food bowls, and make sure they both get treats at the same time, and that one dog isn't blacklisted from the bedroom while the other is allowed in, etc. If you show extreme favoritism, problems will develop, and this shit happens.

For a touch of anecdotal evidence, I have 2 dogs (pic) and they will start biting and warning-snapping at each other when one is getting attention and the other isn't. These are 2 Great Pyrenees, which are well known as amazing family dogs and very low-energy and docile. They get really jealous of each other and we have to make efforts to ensure it doesn't get out of hand. This is not uncommon at all with multiple dogs. Warning-snips are a long way from fighting to the point of needing emergency care - but we'd like to keep it that way.
>>
Did anyone else catch that
>The dog that killed the woman that sparked the ban was legally registered a boxer
>That any dog, even dogs grandfathered in, are at risk of euthanasia unless a fine is paid
>Cops no longer need a warrent to enter homes (so they can make sure that there are no pit bulls)

This sounds like a jewspiracy if I ever heard one
>>
Why do you need an assault dog?
>>
>>2231366
You dont. That's why they need a license.
>>
>>2231366
Because of isis
>>
>>2231098
You know, I'd say I disagree purely because anecdotal evidence (two large completely mature male dog-aggressive dogs living in close proximity 24/7 for 4 years+. They've had multiple scuffles with stranger's dogs, each. The elder of them nearly drowned someone else's dog and bit a guy, and the younger broke another's dog's leg so severely it needed a $1500 surgery to correct. Yet they've never shown the slightest inclination of fighting each other.)

But then again, most terriers have a degree of inherent dog aggression and this is particularly prevalent in the APBT and other bully breeds. I would not be surprised to hear of an escalation to a real fight over resources, whether they're obvious resources like attention, food, toys, resting spots, or resources that are hard to see, like space. Some breeds of dog are also less likely to tolerate other dogs of the same gender (and, anecdotally, I've heard dogs are more forgiving than bitches.)

So I'm inclined to say that it's a management issue.
>>
File: index.jpg (7KB, 282x178px)
index.jpg
7KB, 282x178px
Good. I don't care if there is inaccuracy in recognizing the specific breeds. The dogs categorized under 'pitbull', accurate or not, tend to be dangerous and powerful.

I also don't care if 'baww its not the dogs fault it be a nannydog, because the fewer people who own this sort of dog the better. The same can be said for rottweiliers , germen shepherds and other large powerful dogs.

People should need have a license and undergo tests to own dogs like this.

Cry more.
>>
>>2231039
People will just ignore instances like that because it doesn't fit the narrative.
>>
>dog license

Anyone care to explain what the fuck is this? Where do people need a license to own a dog?
>>
>>2231451

Great Pyrenees don't get along with other breeds. Or, that's what the books say. There are always outliers. My dogs were professionally socialized (2 hours a week from 8 weeks old to 6 months old) and they adore other dogs. But they still get on each other's nerves. Which is funny, because the books say that other Great Pyrs are the ONLY dogs that Great Pyrs get along with.

I think what happened is the girl is 6 months old. We brought in the younger boy and she was no longer the lone princess. Even with dividing attention equally, she showed a lot of jealousy. After a while, once the boy got up to her size, he started defending himself and didn't just give up getting attention. And that's sort of of where we stand. They're not actually violent or aggressive to the point they ever need to be seperated. They share bowls and sleeping quarters and such. But they make their displeasure known when one is getting attention and the other isn't. Watching 200 pounds of fur rolling around trying to hump itself (dominance) is a pretty common activity.
>>
>>2230732
But by killing the dog youre still punishing the deed.

Stop being a dumbass and actually look into the saying 'deed not breed'

Judgment should be based on what the dog did and what caused it. Not to blatantly blame the looks of the dog and every breed like it.
>>
>>2229152
Wtf...do you eat dogs and cats...
>>
>>2229740
Wait, I wanted to ask a question, if the pit had been neutered would it still be as aggressive?
>>
>>2231499
I heard the police station, where I live.
Maybe ask you local veterinary
>>
>>2231683
But the deed has already been committed by the time punishment is ready to be meted out. This deed can be anything from serious injuries to death. The point is to lessen the chance of the "deed" occuring.

>>2231499
When mongloids stop ruining it for everyone with their shit animal management and breeding.
>>
>>2230301
Wolves are genetically healthier and smarter than niggers
>>
>>2230709

>Weed is another example. The majority is fine with weed being legalized, but couldn't tell you the actual health risks because people are so loudly screaming that it's safer than water. And yes, there are a few that people *need* to know. Such as brick-walling mental development of people still undergoing puberty which has been proven across the board and across the seas by dozens of studies. But people don't know about.

I'd argue that the damage to society by jailing a bunch of non-violent drug offenders to fuel a shitty private prison industry is much worse than having some stoned teens. It just creates an endless cycle of felons. We don't really gain anything by creating a bunch of career criminals and it ultimately costs us more money.

Yeah, they're definitely dumb people out there who think weed has zero risks and is a miracle plant, but I think people who see it as a legitimate threat to public health that needs to be banned are also fucking retarded.
>>
>I DINDU NUFFIN
>DAT DAWG DIDIT, NAWT ME
>NOT MAH FAWLT I CAN'T HANDLE MAH OWN DAWG
>WEN DA GUBBERMINT GWINE TAKE CARE O' DIS??

I am fucking floored to see /pol/ defend this mentality. Or maybe /pol/ is dumb enough to think animals have human conceptions of good vs evil, god, and complex consequences? Either way it's retarded
>>
>watching COPS
>some lady's Pit Bull dog killed a small dog
>the dog didn't seem trained at all and was wearing a choke collar casually

Ugh. I hate dog owners a lot of the times. There seriously should be regulatons on who should own dogs. Too many people own dogs but don't know anything about them. Choke collars are awful but people think they're cool.
>>
>>2230281
Blacks are hominids they are too intelligent to domesticate, the only way humans become civilized is by their own will blacks will never become civilized until they want too, trying to tame a black is as retarded as trying to tame a chimp.
>>
>>2231794
So are bricks.
>>
>>2231794
No they are not, blacks are smarter than almost every animal on earth because they are humans. I understand you mentally ill people that inflate the worth of canines and all but plz stop being ridiculous.
>>
>>2232022
>blacks are smarter than almost every animal
>almost every animal
>almost
>>
>>2232078
Underrated
>>
>>2231997
>Blacks are hominids they are too intelligent to domesticate
Not really. The criminal justice system is just domestication. Every time a thief got his hand cut off? Every time a traitor got drawn and quartered? Every time a feral nog gets shot and killed? Domestication. Some societies did it better than others, I agree with you there.
>>
>>2232128
That is taming. Domestication would imply selective breeding.
>>
The strange distinction into what actually is considered a pitbull is what confuses me.

In Australia, we ban the import and ownership of what we refer to as "Pit Bull" or "American Pit Bull" terriers.
But the English Staffordshire is just about the number one most common and popular terrier breed to own as a family pet.
American Staffies are less common, but still seen as a very safe, friendly dog.
>>
>>2232182
The AKC can have AmStaffs dual registered as APBTs in other kennel clubs, but if a dog was originally only an APBT, it can not be registered as a staffy in the AKC. Idk what the rules are in Australia but even the kennel clubs in the US are fucking dropping their spaghetti over this.

This ban however only needs the dog to share a single characteristic of pit bulls to be a pit bull. That could be having a tail, having round eyes, barking, etc. It's extremely vague. At least other areas of BSL has a checklist.
>>
>>2231708
They look so meaty.
>>
>>2229258
sure but raise a lab or a chihuahua the same way, it might misbehave but it will not turn on it's owners
>>
Everyone here is freaking out and disgusted by this law. What they dont realize is that these dogs are not going to be ripped from their families and terminated. Any existing pits are allowed to stay, but the owners need to have them registered and they must follow certain rules regarding muzzles and what not. Any further breeding and distribution of the breed is illegal.

So what? This shit has been in effect in ontario for years now, and many other places as well. I just don't see the big deal, this is not some dog holocaust and its nothing new
>>
>>2231924
/pol/ also believes that niggers are genetically wired to be violent and dumb.
if you take the nurture stance in the nature-vs-nurture question on pitbulls, shouldnt you also admit that violent niggers are a product of their environment instead of their genes?

since /pol/ can never acknowledge this, they can also not acknowledge that pitbulls arent inherently violent
>>
>>2229146
I completely agree with banning pit bulls.
>1. no more neglected abused pit bulls
>2. no more pit bull maulings
Regardless of MUH BREED etc. arguments and whether pit bulls are actually dangerous or not, pit bulls are large, powerful dogs that need special care and training that the layman (black people) is too uneducated to employ. Ban pits = save pits.

If you want my two cents, fuck pit bulls in general. They wouldn't be such a topic of controversy if they weren't so dangerous. The world isn't out to get pit bulls.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Cs0R9dQi34
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHa6ULDxiDE

>HE DINDU NUFFIN
Sometimes they just fucking snap for no reason regardless of how much they say "he was a sweet dog and never hurt anyone! this is a shock to us!"

Literally pit bullfags need to fuck off. Just get a lab or some mutt. Fuck pit bulls either way.
>>
>>2229572
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fatal_dog_attacks_in_the_United_States

I'm surprised rottweilers didn't get banned in 1996.

But yeah there is an observable pattern here, not just in regards to pitbulls but rotties, huskies, and GSD's too. My theory is that it's not really related to the predisposition of the breed as much as it is related to the type of people these breeds attract. Where I live people who buy these aggressive breeds tend to be 18 to 25 year-olds who want to look badass or have some sort of inferiority complex, with the exception of GSD's because of their trainability. These people of course don't know the first thing about training, disciplining, and most importantly socializing a dog so the result is a ticking time bomb.
>>
>>2233204
>Sometimes they just fucking snap for no reason regardless of how much they say "he was a sweet dog and never hurt anyone! this is a shock to us!"

this happens a lot to people who even dote on their pit bulls and give it everything they could ever want before it just mauls them for sneezing, or putting on a new hat or something

pit bull psychopaths need to stop spreading propaganda and let people know the inherent risks in owning these dogs, a lot of innocent people lose their limbs or lives rescuing pits out of the kindness of their heart because they believe(like adopting black kids) that the environment is everything
>>
>>2229572
Why don't they give statistics relative to the number of dogs owned? German Shepherds and labs are among the most popular breeds.
>>
>>2233204
>Just get a lab or some mutt.
Oh right, mutts are definitely the kind of dogs you can be confident in.
>>
>>2232182

My understanding is that the English Staffordshire Bull Terrier is what was commonly referred to as the "Nanny Dog", which is now a running joke by ignorant Americans that don't understand "Pit Bull" is not a breed, but a arguable selection of 7 different breeds.

Now, what makes the English Staffie stand out is its bloodline. It wasn't used heavily in dog fighting. There are always outliers, but the English Staffie bloodline is very clean. Granted you can find a reputable breeder not just claiming they're English when they're really American because, again, even BYBs probably don't understand the difference.

The AmStaff is, obviously, the Staffordshire with a richer history in violence. Not to say they're bad dogs, but they are not what was called "Nanny Dogs."

This was correct about 10 years ago, and you can find it written in books. But things have gotten so out of hand now that the definitions have become muddled and breeds have gotten mixed up. You would have a very hard time finding an English Staffordshire Bull Terrier breeder that wasn't hosting an AmStaff bloodline now. You'd pretty much have to import them from overseas.
>>
>>2233486
Is English Staffordshire Bull Terrier a thing? I've only ever heard of Staffordshire Bull Terrier and American Staffordshire Terrier.
>>
>>2233548

It's more of an expanded title to aid in separating them from American Staffordshire Terriers. The technical name is "Staffordshire Bull Terrier." Most breeders will tack on "English" to make it clear because the legal name sounds very similar to "American Staffordshire Terrier" to people that aren't well educated on the breeds. They should have never included "Staffordshire" in the American knockoff in the first place.
>>
File: Staffordshire_Bull_Terrier_600.jpg (94KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Staffordshire_Bull_Terrier_600.jpg
94KB, 600x600px
>>2233548
Britfag here. This is true Staffie, or "English" Staffordshire. Generally add a lot more fat (ive never seen a "game" one IRL) and you see these everywhere in England.

And yet aside from the stigma (yeah niggers use them and theres been odd attacks here and there), I dont think anyone views them as harshly as you yanks view pits / bully type dogs. Theyre so common place here and so often fat or old or with the homeless that theyre more so like scenery.
>>
>>2233558

staffordshire bull terrier sounds like a shortened casual name for an american staffordshire terrier. thats the problem. it sounds like a nickname with just the country name left off. you hardly notice the word bull.
>>
They deserve to be killed. They're fucking mutated.
>>
>>2233197
Pitbulls have a propensity for violence.
So do nigger.

That's why both are affected more by bad nurture.

So it's a combination of nature and nurture, you little smartass.
>>
>>2232131
>Domestication would imply selective breeding.
Removing them from the gene pool and leaving their offspring worse off or nonexistent isn't "selective breeding"?
>>
>>2230858
>register a dog

lmao
>>
>>2229146
Fuck pit bulls. They're devil dogs. They should all be banned if you ask me. There is no logical reason why anyone in the city NEEDS such a violent and powerful dog.
>>
>>2233210
>My theory is that it's not really related to the predisposition of the breed as much as it is related to the type of people these breeds attract.

Why not both?
>>
Dogs aside, this law is some new brand of cuckery;

>You cannot become a new owner. If a bitch that is pregnant during the time dogs are grandfathered in gives birth after said period, all puppies have to be euthanized. In fact, puppies that are not homed during the grandfather period would need to be euthanized

>If you already have a pit bull you need to get a special permit that costs $150. Owners may not have any criminal record. Not all crimes are violent. Traffic violators may not be able to keep their dogs

>The Montreal police department has stated that they were not aware how citizens will get their own background checks. The law is worded such that owners must provide proof of no criminal background. It doesn't look like there is a background check system in place.

>Police can enter any home without a warrant to search for a dog

>All dogs must be sterilized and chipped, pit bulls must be vaccinated and on a 4 foot leash at all times and muzzled while in public. Failure to do any of this can result in the dog being seized and euthanized, or pay $150 fine again

>Pit bulls must be watched at all times by someone over 18.

>You are only allowed to have 2 dogs (of any breed) without a permit for 3 (max). Pit bull owners are only ever allowed to have one dog.

>The law includes various types of pit bulls and "any dog that presents characteristics of one of those breeds" so it doesn't have to be a pit bull to be restricted as one.

>The Montreal SPCA threatens to end dog control services over the pit bull ban, which is more of a detriment to public health and safety than pit bulls ever were.

>The Quebec Order of Veterinarians has lodged a formal complaint against the ban, and many members claim they would refuse to euthanize the dogs. Veterinarians that refuse may be subject to fines and lawsuits

>Ontario did BSL in 2005. It did nothing for public safety, dog attacks have actually gone up. German shepherds actually have the most amounts of bites.
>>
>>2233639

Also, ban blenders. There is no reason anyone NEEDS such a violent and powerful appliance. A spoon will do the same job.

Also, why do we have so many different kinds of spoons? These should be government regulated. No one NEEDS different kinds of spoons.
>>
>>2233650
>Police can enter any home without a warrant to search for a dog

There is no way that will ever be abused. Worry not, citizen. If you've done nothing wrong, you have nothing to fear.
>>
>>2233650
Fucking lol
>>
>>2229329
That's why vets have such a high job dissatisfaction rate. Too many dipshits own animals and aren't willing or are otherwise incapable of taking care of said animal.
People treat owning an animal as if it is a fashion accessory to be flaunted, forgetting that it is a living, breathing creature that needs to be cared for and maintained.
>>
>>2229168
>race that makes up less than 10% the population...in the US?
So do you mean Asians or Native Americans?
>>
I was basically bamboozled into adopting a pit bull mix puppy by a rescue center who said it was a lab mix, I was a complete dog rookie who didn't know shit about them except I wanted a family/pet friendly dog and everyone recommended labs, so I went to adopt one

Now I'm totally concerned here because I have no idea what I'm in for when he grows up and develops his pit personality, as of now he gets lots of socialization with other dogs and people and seems incredibly friendly, but this is typical of all puppies, from what I've been told

What do I do? I'm a first time owner, I live with a small kid who really sucks with even handling the puppy and an elderly grandma who I take care in addition to 3 cats and a ton of little toy dogs as neighbors who run around off leash

Should be a fucking crime to sell you mislabeled breeds
>>
>>2229168
I agree with you that pitbulls are literally the googles of dog breeds. I think killing them is wrong, they should just ban breeding the dog. The dogs were initially bred for being violent thugs, if there's no reason to have such a dog, then we should stop breeding them.

Dog breeds are something we made up, so it's not like it's immoral to stop breeding a certain type of dog, especially these shits. In the long run, we will save a lot of dogs from suffering just by not having pitbulls around for scumbags to train into fighters. Sure, people will still try breed fighting dogs, but many will be disheartened and will stop their primitive ways.
>>
File: 1464377923680.jpg (86KB, 638x478px) Image search: [Google]
1464377923680.jpg
86KB, 638x478px
>>2233650
What in the absolute fuck canada?
>>
"Judge temporarily suspends controversial Montreal pit bull ban"

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/judge-temporarily-suspends-controversial-montreal-pit-bull-ban-1.3099486

"A Quebec judge temporarily suspended Montreal's controversial regulation banning new pit bulls Monday and questioned whether the city overstepped its bounds in enacting the bylaw.

He is expected to rule before then whether the law should remain suspended until the legal case being mounted by the Montreal SPCA against it can be heard on its merits -- a process that could be months away.

The suspension means pit bulls can still be adopted and muzzling is not mandatory as had been planned."
>>
>this breed is more intelligent than other breeds
>this breed barks more than other breeds
>this breed is really good being left alone
>what do you mean this breed is more violent than others, thats ridiculous
>>
>>2229572
Unrelated but Jesus Christ did you read that one about the Pomeranian who killed a baby by chewing her legs off in the crib and having her bleed to death?
>>
>>2230454
>taking more and more from other species
Dude, humans invented pitbulls. If you wanna be mad about humans trying to control other species so that we can live longer and healthier shouldn't you be mad about the domestication of wolves in the first place?
>>
>>2236669
This has always irritated me. Everyone can admit a breed has a specific tendency until you mention aggression
>>
If a 7 yeah old autistic girl can handle a pit bull so can you. no reason to ban a breed because shitty owners cant handle it.
>>
>>2236836
two orders of euthanasia coming right up
>>
>>2236856
>two orders
Just wait a couple of years and you'll only need one.
>>
>>2236718
Saying a dog breed is more violent just shows how little you know about dogs.

Dogs can be dog aggressive, dogs can be prey driven, and dogs can be wary of strangers. Any of these and none of these can be 'violent'. There is no domestic dog breed that is people aggressive; that is against what makes a dog a dog. Dogs that are just aggressive to all people tend to be street dogs and wild dogs; domestic dogs that have not been pets in a long time.

It's well known that APBTs, AmStaffs and StaffBulls are prone to dog aggression and can have high prey drive (they are terriers after all) However, they are notably stranger friendly. If you don't believe me, look into any kennel club standards; if they mention temperament, it will be 'friendly and excited' towards people but never shy, aloof or aggressive. Whereas, breeds like Akitas are supposed to be very aloof and wary (although accepting of the judge) and Bull Terriers are even allowed to act stranger aggressive as long as they don't snap at the judge.
>>
Work around heavily with horses and dogs as a side-business for training/horse people have shitloads of dogs.

I do not trust Pit-bulls one bit. I've seen super family friendly ones but seen much more kill-shit-around them cases more.
>>
>>2236890
I didn't say violent in my post tho brah did i?

>>2236718
>>
>>2229467
"Pit bull-type" account for the most deaths, not the most attacks. Smaller breeds attack humans at an astronomically higher rate, the difference being that no one cares about a little blood blister versus an actual death.
>>
>>2236986
>Let me cherry pick the first sentence
>Done!
>>
Alberta here. I heard on the news that rescue pitbulls are now being sent here as the province has no law against them.

Quebec a shit anyway, for a variety of reasons in addition to this one.
>>
>>2236890
Finally someone who actually has a bit of sense and actually knows about dogs.
>>
>Quebec doing something retarded again
Like clockwork. This is why everyone in Canada laughs at Quebec. Remember when Quebec wanted to separate from Canada? Or how it's now legal to preform oral sex with animals. Thanks Quebec
>>
>>2238300

Quebec is superior to country-crock anglophones wearing dirty mud stained overalls.

Nearly anything of note Canada achieves is the work of quebecers, torontians or BCers.

The rest of canada is angry rednecks
>>
>>2238300

Quebec is superior to country-crock anglophones wearing dirty mud stained overalls.

Nearly anything of note Canada achieves is the work of quebecers, torontians or BCers.

The rest of canada is angry rednecks or loser potheads
>>
>>2229180
Are you a chihuahua?
>>
>>2229259
Due to selective breeding for the purposes of dogfighting, pit bulls are highly dog-aggressive. This aggression is not limited to dogs; pit bulls frequently kill other companion pets and domesticated animals. Leading pit bull education websites warn pit bull owners to, "Never trust your pit bull not to fight." These same websites also state that pit bulls should never be left alone with another dog or animal.20 The practical and moral question is: Why is "pit bull dog aggression" tolerated at all?
Pit bull dog aggression is unacceptable for two reasons. In many instances it leads to human aggression. A common scenario is the following: A loose pit bull attacks a leashed dog being walked by its owner. The owner gets seriously injured trying to stop the attack. Every year, one or more Americans suffers death due to pit bull dog aggression, including pit bull rescuers like Rita Woodard and Mary Jo Hunt who died while attempting to break up a fight between their pit bulls.
Secondly, far too many beloved companion pets and domesticated animals suffer a violent death by the powerful jaws of pit bull terriers each year. In some instances, these attacks involve pit bulls charging through screen doors of private homes -- in a home invasion attack -- to kill the pet living inside.21 Owners of the pet are then forced to watch as their dog or cat is disemboweled by the pit bull and pray that the animal does not turn its attention on an innocent family member next.
>>
>>2238547
Getting in the way of a dog attack=/= human aggression. Dog aggression also does not equate to high prey drive. The high Rey drive is simply common in terrier breeds. There are dogs that are both dog and human aggressive, there are dogs that are known to be even more vicious than APBTs. There are definitely dogs much larger and more stranger aggressive that don't contribute a lot to the death toll. So let's use our brains; what could this mean?
>>
>>2229258
>pitbull appologists blaming innocent mauling victims

Pathetic
>>
>>2229289
>I too would like to know more about that because as far as I can see, all long term bans show no change or an increase in attacks

Not true

Breed specific legislation lowers attacks

http://www.dogsbite.org/legislating-dangerous-dogs-bsl-faq.php#bslworks
>>
>>2229555
>>2229578
No they won't

The ASPCA can correctly identify pit bulls 96% of the time by sight

Stop lumping in all big dogs with pits
>>
>>2238552
your statement is false. Pit bulls are the most human aggressive dogs on the face of the earth.

Look at the attack statistics
>>
>>2238559
>Posts a blog
Sure showed me! Wowee those hot opinions!
>http://scholarship.shu.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1327&context=student_scholarship
>https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1576444/
>https://images.akc.org/pdf/canine_legislation/why_breed.pdf
I'd post more but I don't want to be spam. All reputable dog trainers, the AMVA (and every vet I've talked to), every humane society and kennel service, well gee just about every animal professional agrees that it's a bad idea. And who writes that blog? A crazy old women who was attacked by a stray dog as a child. Shocker.

And talking specifically about Montreal, Ontario had done almost the same exact thing and resulted in an increase of bites.
>https://www.google.com/amp/globalnews.ca/news/2527882/torontos-pit-bulls-are-almost-gone-so-why-are-there-more-dog-bites-than-ever/amp/

>>2238567
It's odd because I found nothing about how accurate they are defining pit bulls, but it's also important to understand what you are talking about when you say pit bull. Do you mean APBT? Do you mean a pit bull type breed? Or do you mean the umbrella term pit bull? Because the latter is decided by animal professionals, which means shelter workers, ACO, and vets. So if they call a dog a pit bull, it is now a pit bull, UNLESS an owner comes up with some proof the dog is something else. So no shit, they are the 'judge' of the breed, they make them pit bulls.
>http://www.nationalcanineresearchcouncil.com/ineffective-policies/visual-breed-identification
>https://vetmed-maddie.sites.medinfo.ufl.edu/files/2012/05/2012-Croy-Maddies-Shelter-Medicine-Confernce-Abstract.pdf
>>
>>2238589
What are pit bulls? APBT, pit bull type dogs, or the umbrella term? I need to know what you mean by pit bull because I don't think you do.

>>2238567
The media, Police, public, and dog 'professionals' already do. Tosa, canary dogs, dogs etc are all pit bulls. American Bulldogs, despite not being a pit bull type dog, is often considered a pit bull breed in BSL. So big dogs have to be a part of the wide term now.
>>
>>2229259
You're right, pitbull is a type.

But it's not how they're raised. I have family and friends that believed that bullshit. Guess what happened?
Funnily enough, with normal dogs they had good dogs that didn't try to rip them apart for no reason.

And the Nanny dog myth is BS. Pay attention to your own advocates. They're denying it now.
Pitbull advocates say it's how you raise them, yet they shove the fucking breed down your throat when you go to the shelters to adopt. Why would you want to adopt a dog you didn't know the history of?

What about the pitties rescued from fighting rings? My cousin adopted one from an advocate. Damned thing wasn't trained, extremely dog aggressive, etc. Talk about stupid owners.
>>
>>2238590
Not the person you're responding do but the whole' All reputable dog trainers, the AMVA (and every vet I've talked to), every humane society and kennel service' is bullshit. They're all paid off or sponsored. Pitbull advocacy is a multi-million dollar industry. When the ceos can buy yachts....

I know plenty of groomers and kennels that refuse pitbulls. 'For the safety of their staff and clients'. It's actually a selling point, those places are always packed.

Might I point out all the exposure shelters are getting now, you know the bullshit about adopting out known biters/killers? It's showing to be a widespread problem.

I also find it funny, when pit owners let their guard down, they talk about how many times their dogs have scared them, bit them, attacked and/or killed something.

I'd also like to point BSL doesn't reduce dog regular bites.
It reduces:
1. Severe dog bites
2. Maulings
3. Human Death
4. Large Livestock Death
5. Pet Death
6. Pitbull Death (remember, over 1 millions pits are euthanized by shelters a year) ;D
7. Allows people with normal dogs, to walk their dogs safely.

All non-BSL is going to do is eventually annihilate large dog breeds.
>>
>>2238601
Nanny dog thing came from AmStaffs in the 1970's. A breeder claimed her sire and his pups were so friendly, they could be 'nursemaid dogs' And then the Nanny dog was born. At least that's the only real connection I've seen. It is dumb though, you should never leave a dog with a baby.

I work at a shelter and it's how you raise AND train them. You can teach an old dog new tricks, it's not hard. Late socializing is more intricate though. You can train a dog aggressive dog to tolerate other dogs. I would never trust a highly dog aggressive dog alone. You can fuck up a dog beyond belief, and if you give me time, excluding sudden rage syndrome, I bet you I can fix it. It can take years though, and there will always be a régime. A training régime, a work out régime, etc. And most people can not realistically handle this. I think with pits, people get in way over their heads because the majority of pits are mutts. They know nothing about the dogs yet they are touted as easy dogs that wouldn't hurt a fly. And some dogs simply need more socialization, more training, and more work than most people can do.

>TL;DR it is how you train them, but I don't expect the average dog owner to be able to handle a high needs dog

It's funny you mention game pits. Once we got 3 game pits from an Ohio shelter. They were actually so dog friendly they were used as helper dogs. They were definitely conditioned for fighting, but They were more dog social than your average dog. It was very weird. Then again I don't know if they went through a lot of training beforehand. Most of our game pits at least show signs of discomfort in play after training.
>>
>>2238614
Any source for any of that? BSL tends to gain a ton of money for the city, despite all of the work and money spent being up to the area's nonprofit organizations while still using this as a reason to increase taxes, which is a very Jewish move. Dogsbite.org is funded by CO which has a few cities with BSL and makes money off of it, and would make even more if more cities got fear mongered into BSL. Ad revenue also goes right back to the CO government.

Montreal's attempted ban is actually a great example of how incredibly Jewish the whole thing is. It was done so quickly they didn't have the time to properly hide things in fine print. Look at the fines, the paid permits, the paid registrations, their tax increase, and their non-profit would have been footing the entire bill while also losing grant money.

I feel like you don't understand how nonprofits work if you think they profit off of... Well anything honestly. I think a lot of your points come from somewhere personal ad not logical because much of it is anecdotal.
>>
>>2229152
dog meat is kind of stringy and not that good.
>>
File: image.jpg (23KB, 225x224px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23KB, 225x224px
>>2238590
After Aurora, Colorado adopted its pit bull ban ordinance in 2005, attacks by pit bulls decreased 73% (as of March 2014). After Pawtucket, Rhode Island adopted their pit bull ban in 2004, the city released 13-years of bite data showing that in the 4-years leading up to the ban, there were 52 pit bull attacks on people. In the 10-years after the ban, there were only 13 (as of September 2013). In Toronto, after a decade long pit bull ban, pit bull attacks dropped from 168 to 13 annually.
The dramatic reduction in pit bull attacks on people and animals are not the only benefits. Over the same period in Aurora, pit bull euthanasia dropped 93%. In Pawtucket, the Rhode Island Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (RISPCA) had "regularly" convened vicious dog hearings for pit bulls before the ban ordinance. After the ban passed, the RISPCA never saw another one from Pawtucket. Other cities report a substantial reduction in vicious dog designations as well.
After Springfield, Missouri adopted a pit bull ordinance in 2006, impoundments of pit bulls were quickly cut in half, freeing up shelter space. In the year before the ordinance, 2005, 502 pit bulls were impounded, compared to only 252 in 2007. When breed-specific laws are combined with an anti-chaining ordinance, as was done in Little Rock's pit bull ordinance, excellent outcomes resulted as well: The commonality of seeing a pit bull chained in its owner's yard disappeared.

SHITBULL APOLOGISTS BTFO
>>
>>2238593
>shitbull owner dancing around the definition now
>well if I just keep playing around with what a pit bull is then they'll never ban it!
>>
>>2238644
I just mentioned the three ways one could take pit bull as. That's not dancing around a definition, it's detailing it. If you can't answer (after even giving you options; it's not a trick question) I'm going back to assuming you don't know.

>>2238642
>Hey, when you take away a huge portion of the dogs in an area, dog bites go down! Wowza!
>Hey now that we euthanized all of out dogs, we have less dogs to euthanize!
Too bad your attention span couldn't get halfway down the article. I don't think you know too much about dogs in general if you think banning a breed wouldn't result in the Akita (which is much more capable of killing an adult) become the new pit bull of choice.
>>
>>2238649
No

It will not become the Akita because they do not have the same level of aggression built into them

Pitbulls were deigned to fight by violent men for blood sport
>>
>>2238642
>After Aurora, Colorado adopted its pit bull ban ordinance in 2005, attacks by pit bulls decreased 73% (as of March 2014). After Pawtucket, Rhode Island adopted their pit bull ban in 2004, the city released 13-years of bite data showing that in the 4-years leading up to the ban, there were 52 pit bull attacks on people. In the 10-years after the ban, there were only 13 (as of September 2013). In Toronto, after a decade long pit bull ban, pit bull attacks dropped from 168 to 13 annually.

This whole paragraph is retarded. If you ban screwdrivers, you will see a 86% decrease in people using screwdrivers. ALERT THE MEDIA.

Also, people will buy drills with screwdriver bits instead. (ie: German Shephards, Rotts, Akitas, etc)
>>
>>2238652
>Akita
>Not 5 x more dog aggressive
>Not infinitely more stranger aggressive

Confirmed for not knowing dick about dogs. Let the adults talk.
>>
>>2238652
>>Pitbulls were deigned to fight by violent men for blood sport

Fox News lied to you. Let me ask you a question: How popular do you think dog fighting was? For every 100 pit bulls, 1 was fighting (gross over-estimation, but I'll let it slide) ... what you have left is 1% of certain pit bull breeds blood lines being involved with fighting.

Once it was cracked down on, the aggression was being bred out of these dogs. For over a century, the aggressive dogs have been disallowed from breeding by responsible people.

The vast, vast, vaaaaaaaaaaaast majority of pit bull breeds today do not have dog fighting in their blood at all. Just a series of completely shit owners not wrangling in their high prey drive, because they ARE terriers after all.

Certain pit bull breeds are even better than that. The English Staffordshire Bull Terriers (not to be confused with American Staffordshire Terriers) were never used in dog fighting, and hadn't been involved in regular violence since 1835, which was against much larger game like bulls and bears and was more about cornering and routing than actual attacks. These dogs are the ones called Nanny Dogs. The TRUE Nanny Dogs. These are labeled as pit bulls even though their temperament is completely stable compered to some other pit bulls. These are very gentle dogs.

Regardless, any pit bull breed can be found with the aggression bred out of it by a good breeder. Most of them will be about $1000-$1200. If people would stop buying $100 muddled-blood indiscriminately-bred shit dogs off craiglist this problem would fix itself.
>>
>>2238663

Having owned both, the Akita was much worse than my APBT. Both were from reputable breeders. The Akita was harder to get and keep under control. Very stubborn and independent, hard to train. Reminds me of what they say about Shina Inu. The APBT was a lot more baseline.

your mileage may vary.
>>
>wake up to banging
>new neighbors moving in
>female ghetto shouts
>child screaming
>dog barking

Oh god fucking damnit they better not have brought a pitbull here or I'm going to have to start walking with mace again
>>
>>2238668
As far as the dog fighting thing goes, according to studies done by 1-800petmeds, 3% of pit bull population were bred/trained fighting dogs. So even less than that.
>>
>>2229192
Quebec may be part of Canada on paper. But everybody hates them and they're always trying to leave. They're even nearly entirely independant already.
>>
>>2238668
I don't know of an English Staffordshire bull Terrier, but I know the Staffordshire Bull Terrier was bred from 'bull terriers' (whom at the time were baiting mutts) and first had the name Bull Terrier. Then the fanciers change the name to Staffordshire (where they originated) Bull Terrier to differentiate from bull terrier mutts. When bull baiting became illegal, dog fighting came in, which as far as I know, the StaffBulls participated in.

http://www.thestaffordshirebullterrier.co.uk/history.htm

Not quite related, but the StaffBull came to America to help form the APBT. The AKC, after recognizing the breed, decided they wanted to change the name to American Staffordshire Terrier because pit bull was too violent. So there was a major split; breeders who accepted the change and those who didn't. AmStaffs changed not only in name, but also appearance; their standard under the AKC became bigger and bulkier in general, so even though the two breeds can be cross registered, they still have two different confirmations.
>>
I have been around multiple pit bulls

Every single fucking one of them acted 2 seconds from seriously mauling someone.

-I had a neighbor with a pit letting it shit in the yard. I "turned a corner too fast" around a fence (I wasn't and it was shitting on against the fence) and it immediately switched into cocked-kill-mode. The owner cussed me out for getting too close.

-Visited a friend1 living with a second friend2 for a month while they complete the purchase of their new home. Friend2's pit was under a year old and left home for 8+ hours a day while friend2 worked. It was bonkers the second we walked in because we are new people. When we sat down on the couch, it lunged up and started "playfully" snapping at my wife's ear. We stood up the rest of the time and excused ourselves out asap.

-Tried to Feel the Bern! early spring and register people to vote. What's the solid blue section of town? The poor part. Rusted, dead cars in every driveway and an unchained, territorial pit in every fucking front yard. My guess is it was their substitute for calling the police because we gave the fuck up trying to approach houses and handed off all our registration cards to the black church (which turned around and told them to vote Clinton)
>>
>check local craiglist
>search "pit"

>12 ads selling pitbulls
>9 for puppies ranging from $50-200 each
>clearly just doing this for side profit rather than any sort of accidental discovery you didn't neuter your fucking pets
>3 adult pits
>1 of the adults in a bunch of "hard" pics wearing studded shit and bandanas with a male tattooed human flexing. Ad mentions how "protective" the dog is
>1 of the adult pits chained to a tree with a heavy lock around the neck while the dog looks scared/won't make eye contact

fucking terrific.
>>
>>2238680
Gross
>>
>>2238684
>>9 for puppies ranging from $50-200 each

Any dog being sold for less than $700 is a giant red flag. Including extremely common breeds, like Labradors. Anyone that is doing their best to make sure their dogs are top quality (health, size, temperament, etc) will not sell their dogs for $200.

And this scales by breed. A shit-tier great dane will be about $600-$800. A quality dane will cost at least $1600. Know your dog breeds. Do your research. Check around to dozens of different breeders for prices (the good ones generally don't tell you the price on their website because it varies from puppy to puppy and how close they adhered to breed standards or color patterns, but sometimes they do)
>>
>>2238557
This
>>
>>2238547

what retarded propaganda site did you copy paste this from
>>
The whole pit-bull thing boils down to 2 types of people.

1.) People who know a thing or two about dogs
2.) Pants-shitting cowards that think the cute anchor girl on Fox News (who makes money based on who much they can rile you up) knows more about animal behavior than the ASPCA, AKC, CKC, Humane Society (HSUS), FoA, AJP, ALF, CFI, ADL, and all the other groups that explain in painful detail why the breeds are not the source of the problem.

Stop trembling and pissing your huggies for a few minutes and pick up a book. Holy shit.
>>
>>2239088
It's relevant to wonder why 50-75% of shelter dogs are pits nowadays depending on the area.
>>
>>2239096

Because they are over bred and can be difficult to train. Not that fucking hard to understand.
>>
File: Should_I_Breed_My_Dog.jpg (96KB, 563x600px) Image search: [Google]
Should_I_Breed_My_Dog.jpg
96KB, 563x600px
>>2239097

This picture here is the entire pit bull problem in a nutshell.

Most people don't really understand how much a dog can change when bred poorly. Notice in the graphic the parts about being trained, behavior, and temperament. The reason those matter is that a shit-dog from shit-parents will be very difficult to train and control. This might be one of those things you have to "See to understand". I have a shit-bred dog, and a pure-bred dog from a loving breeder (same breed) and they are like 2 completely different species. The one not carefully bred is a complete disaster.

As far as aggressive breeds go, people fail at basic math. The easy explanation: If I have 100 ChowChows in a room, 5 have a history of aggression. If I have 100 APBTs in a room, 1 has a history of agression. ChowChows are 5x more likely to attack a human that APBTs. But it's a rare breed, so you don't hear about them. APBTs are not rare, so it sounds like they're individually more aggressive than they actually are. ChowChows and the 8 other breeds that are responsible for more attacks than pit bulls should be banned before pit bulls themselves. But they are never even mentioned, not even as a subsection of the pit bull ban.
>>
I don't mind having some requirements to jump through, that will help weed out the trashy blacks and tough guys trying to look cool with pit bulls. The real problem is now shelters are going to start putting them down in mass because of the prohibition on adopting them. Montreal basically is calling for pit bull genocide.
>>
>>2229180
Bet you're a libfag
>>
>>2229297
I want that sweater.
>>
This topic is no longer relevant.

The ban was suspended after the ASPCA kicked them in the nuts for making retarded legislation. We actually had a thread dedicated to the topic of this ban being suspended, but some overzealous anti-pitbull mod deleted it. Way to censor information you don't like, asshole.
>>
>>2239654

>>2234831
>>
>>2239654
I wondered what happened to that. For all of the rule breaking shit that isn't deleted, they delete the one that actually doesn't break the rules.

Unless it's one of those deals where enough people/proxies reported it. That tends to work on this board too regardless of rules.
>>
>>2239088
Yes, the Humane society etc wants to adopt out shit bulls AND many of their staff lives in terror from them

>blaming le fox news like a typical libcuck

If Fox News was the problem, then explain why shit bulls are the white trash dog of choice
>>
>>2238668
>Fox News

I'll say again shit bulls are owned by dumb red necks who cry "AINT NO GUBMINT TAKIN MY DAWGS"

ALL pitbulls come directly from violent breed lines. They ALL come from dogs chosen for their aggression and inability to stop mauling once started

Historically, it is believed that dogfighters removed human-aggressive pit bulls from the gene pool. "Man biters," as dogmen referred them, were "culled" to prevent dog handlers from suffering vicious bites. However, dogmen themselves and pedigrees show a different story. As far back as 1909, George Armitage shares a story in, "Thirty Years with Fighting Dogs." He describes Caire's Rowdy as not a mere man-biter, but as a "man-eater," the most dangerous biter of all.
In more modern years, a substantial number of champion, grand champion and register of merit fighting dogs carry the title of a man-biter or a man-eater. These pit bulls were championship breeding stock, whose famed owners never for a moment considered culling the dogs. Some of the most well known dogs include: Adams' GR CH Zebo, Indian Bolio ROM, Garner's CH Chinaman ROM, Gambler's GR CH Virgil and West's CH Spade (man-eater).
In 1974, after a series of high profile news articles written by Wayne King and published by the New York Times, the image of the ferocious fighting pit bull moved from the shadowy world of dogmen into the mainstream. This period, between 1975 and 1979, is known as the "leakage period" when the breeding of pit bulls drastically increased through gang members and drug dealers, who wanted the "toughest dog" on the block, as well as by pet pit bull breeders.
While some dog men of the past may have culled human-aggressive dogs to keep their stock free of man-biters, once the leakage period began, there is no evidence that similar selective pressures were maintained. As early as 1980, pit bull attacks begin headlining newspapers as well as reports of pit bull owners trying to bolster the breed's "deteriorating" public image
>>
>>2239805
>If Fox News was the problem, then explain why shit bulls are the white trash dog of choice

You just answered your own question. The media has them hyped up at these killer death machines, so every tiny-dicked waste of space wants to get one to compensate.

If you had any ability to discern fact from fiction, you wouldn't be defending Fox News' claims to "accuracy" and being "fair and balanced". And that includes the shit they spew about pit bulls because fear = ratings.
>>
>>2239812
>ALL pitbulls come directly from violent breed lines. They ALL come from dogs chosen for their aggression and inability to stop mauling once started

I just stopped reading there. It is not that hard to understand that not every dog is owned by the same people. There are people right now pit-fighting labradors. 200 years ago, less than 3% of pit bulls were used in dog fighting. Don't be so willingly obtuse. It makes you look like a retard.
>>
>>2239830
>200 years ago, less than 3% of pit bulls were used in dog fighting.
Source?
>>
>>2239822
I don't even watch Fox News so I have no idea what you're talking about

It seems like you want a scapegoat

If Fox News is antipitbull so are many other sources

Like every media source that publishes after pit bull attacks then pit bull owners flood them with "WELL THE VICTIM OBVIOUSLY DID SOMETHING WRONG"

>>2239830
All pit bulls were bred to fight. Maybe only the top of the litter made in in the ring, but that's how they got their start
Thread posts: 271
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.