[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Going head to head in a one on one battle. Open Savannah as the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

File: clash.png (138KB, 799x201px) Image search: [Google]
clash.png
138KB, 799x201px
Going head to head in a one on one battle. Open Savannah as the location of the battle. Who comes out on top
>>
>>2228531
Bull elephant.

T-rex was a scavenger and ate already dead animals.
>>
>>2228531
Rexy, becuase Tyrannosaurs>Triceratops and Triceratops>Elephant.
>>2228539
You're fucking retarded. Kill yourself.
>>
>>2228596
What can't handle the scientific truth? I bet you think T-rex didn't have feathers either lmao.
>>
>>2228630
Give us some papers then.
>>
File: Saurian_tyrannosaurus_rex.jpg (4MB, 5161x2497px) Image search: [Google]
Saurian_tyrannosaurus_rex.jpg
4MB, 5161x2497px
>>2228631
T-rex was a feathered scavenger. Not the scaly hollywood monster that you think it was.

Sources are all over the web. Educate yourself.
>>
Yeah and animal with immense predatory features was only a scavenger. Binocular vision, large olfactory, a crush bite strength and banana sized steak knives. Oh and the fact that there are no other large predators in every ecosystem it's found due to it basically monopolizing any area it lived. Not saying it wouldn't scavenge at the chance but it's not built for scavenging.
>>
>>2228531
that elephant doesnt even have tusks.
whats the catch here? why in the name of gods ass wouldnt that dinosaur win?
>>
>>2228539
>>2228630
They found a T. Rex tooth in a hadrosaur vertebrae stuck in the bone, with the vertebrae healed around the tooth. The Rex took a bite out of it while it was alive and it lived long enough to heal with it's tooth stuck in it.
The scavenger theory has been proven wrong so many times it's as ridiculous as saying raptors didn't have feathers. At this point you're just being contrarian for the sake of it.
>>
Obviously the tyrannosaur unless the elephant got obscenely lucky with a tusk.

>>2228631
You can't just "ask for papers" when the claim you are making is completely retarded. No one thinks tyrannosaurus was entirely a scavenger anymore. Sorry you heard that ages ago and decided to cling to it to sound like a know it all contrarian though,

Thats like me saying tyrannosaurus was telepathic, and when people call me retarded I go "WELL SHOW ME BRAIN SCANS AND SCIENTIFIC STUDIES PROVING IT WASN'T".
>>
>>2228631
>Give us some papers then
here ya go, solid evidence that Tyrannosaurus hunted live prey.

http://www.arca.museus.ul.pt/ArcaSite/obj/gaia/MNHNL-0000778-MG-DOC-web.PDF
>>
>>2228539

Ok Jack Horner.

*T. rex* was an opportunist, like practically every carnivore. It killed, AND it scavenged.
>>
>>2228639
it was feathered, but an opportunist.

it hunted too
>>
File: Jacksons-Chameleon-Horns.jpg (32KB, 537x420px) Image search: [Google]
Jacksons-Chameleon-Horns.jpg
32KB, 537x420px
>>2228531
I think the T. rex because it was an opportunistic hunter that dealt with animals far stronger and larger than the african elephant.
Btw the fags that say T. rex was only a scavenger are idiots, while I believe T. rex scavenged it also was built to fight with and kill other dinosaurs. I think it was a bit like a modern spotted hyena in that it was large and frightening enough to scare other predators and scavengers away from a kill, while only older females would hunt. Hyenas also run in a matriarchal society because of sexual dimorphism (females are larger and more aggressive). T. rex females were larger and most likely did a good portion of conducting a hunt. There is also evidence to suggest T. rex hunted in a group such as hyenas or lions.
>muh covered in feathers
it was probably covered in a light layer of feathers, but maybe heavier in some areas due to the average temperature of hell creek foundation being about 60 degrees Fahrenheit.
The large body mass would create a lot of heat and a small layer of downy feathers to insulate said heat would make sense.
btw
A large sauropod could beat an elephant's ass no problem and T. rex regularly interacted and killed them, so you do the math.
>>
>>2228639
Almost no one take the primary scavenger theory seriously anymore; at least not among actual paleontologists.

Not even Jack Horner, who was the lead paleontologist behind that theory; long refuted most of those claims.

You are way too late to be proposing a grossly inaccurate and long outdated false theory.
>>
>>2229978
You're right on everything except the sauropod comment, as far as I remember they had pretty much died out completely by the time the late Cretaceous came around, and I don't think there were any titanosaurs in North America?

It probably hunted hadrosaurids and occasionally more dangerous prey items like Ankylosaurus and Triceratops. Suffice to say it could deal with an elephant pretty easily.
>>
>>2228539
Top freaking kek reptiles were the most physically superior land animals in all history a regular dino like Rexy could wreck an Indricatherium's shiit. Rexy also has the most powerful bite force measured on earth as well.
>>2228639
>Scavenger
No Rexy was a pack hunter.
>>
File: trexvsspino.jpg (352KB, 2025x788px) Image search: [Google]
trexvsspino.jpg
352KB, 2025x788px
How about we settle the real question?

I think Rex still takes it because of bite force and superior teeth / jaws. Spinosaurus ate fish, its size wouldn't really do it any favors except maybe for intimidation.
>>
>>2230127
they wouldn't fight.
>>
>>2230130
If you mean because they lived in different places at different times, same goes for the elephant
If because they'd just generally avoid each other and not risk a fight (which is definitely true) let's say they were bloodlusted / had to fight to the death
>>
>>2230142
it wouldn't matter, large predators seldom fight.

they just intimidate and fuck off.
>>
>>2230144
Not really getting the point here
>>
>>2230127
>>2230155
>>2230144
>>2230142
>>2230130
>this old meme
The way I like to think of it is this: would a large hawk beat a Great Blue Heron in a fight?
Yes, the Heron is larger and taller but is suited for grabbing prey out of water and generally living a semi aquatic lifestyle. Now there is much debate about how aquatic the spinosaurus was but I'd be willing to bet it served in a similar niche that a heron or stork would today. The tyrannosaurus was built specifically to combat large dinosaurs and threaten them away from kills like a scavenger/hunter like a spotted hyena or a Harrison's Hawk. The t. rex is well suited for fighting with other members of it's own species as told by the fossils with 'facebites' popular with large and powerful theropods. The t. rex would win by a landslide as it is immensely strong and has an enormous bite force, coupled with the fact that it is up against a gangly semi-aquatic fish hunter. The jaws of the t. rex around the snout or neck area of the spino would easily secure victory for the t. rex especially if it was a larger female.
>>
>>2230115
I think you're right, I misspoke there
>>
>>2230238
>would a large hawk beat a Great Blue Heron in a fight
no because they'd both fuck off.
>The tyrannosaurus was built specifically to combat large dinosaurs and threaten them away from kills like a scavenger/hunter like a spotted hyena or a Harrison's Hawk.
[citation needed]
>The t. rex would win by a landslide as it is immensely strong and has an enormous bite force, coupled with the fact that it is up against a gangly semi-aquatic fish hunter.
if only it could swim, but it can't.

it would lose.
>>
>>2230127
one is made for killing fish the other to killing big thing now choose
>>
>>2229978
>the average temperature of hell creek foundation being about 60 degrees Fahrenheit.
this is the temperature of florida.

since you've never been to florida let me lay it out for you.

palm trees, alligators, jungles, temperatures over 100 degrees for half of the year. It almost never freezes. It's fucking hot.
>>
>>2230251
>[citation needed]
you're not going to get one because Tyrannosaurus was the only giant theropod in its fauna. If it was chasing any other hunters off of kills they were also Tyrannosauruses.

>>2230241
He's wrong.

Titanosaurs are known from North America, and survived right up to the end of the Cretaceous.
>>
>>2228639
>>2228630
Usually people like you don't use feathered and scavenger in the same sentence. I am impressed, this was excellent bait.
>>
>>2230413
Fuck off, I actually live in Florida (Fort Lauderdale to be specific), and the average temperature is closer to 75-80 degrees, except in the winter when a cold front comes in. It gets over 85 whenever late spring to early fall comes in, but this year surprisingly hasn't gone over 100 yet.
>>
>>2230648
>the average temperature is closer to 75-80 degrees,
ah, I see you don't count night time or winter in your "average."

sadly scientists don't get to ignore 3/4ths of the year when they average things.

also, why are people from florida so stupid? I have a timeshare there, you guys are some of the dumbest bumpkins I've ever tipped for getting my dinner.
>>
>>2230654
When the lowest average of the year is one month in January, especially in North Florida, it would stand to reason that January's temperature doesn't equal the entire state's average temperature. Florida is largely humid subtropical, with South Florida being mainly a tropical savanna, with sparse elements of what would be considered "rainforest"-like.

The reason why Floridians are stupid is because it's a decent mix between dumbass Southerners and dumbass Northerners (usually from New York). Now, tell me what area in Florida is your timeshare. And if it's Orlando, I'll be prepared to laugh.
>>
>>2230655
Kissimmee

I just googled the average temperature of florida to get my numbers.

if you want to get into greater depth we can talk about the fact that Tyrannosaurus lived in an area that spanned from Mexico to the middle of Canada, and survived three different major climate changes over millions of years, of which the coldest averaged below 60 degrees.

so while the average may be 60 degrees over the entire range and span of the formation, T. rex didn't live in that average most of the time any more than you live in 60 degree weather most of the time.
>>
>>2230413
>>2230648
Miami fag here!
>Palm trees
we have those
>alligators
we have tose
>jungles
we don't have that, we have hammocks, islands of tropical trees brought here by birds and hurricanes from South America over the millennia. They grow in small, but dense forests that basically become a literally island as acidic water erodes the area around it! Most species of plants can only be found in a single hammock sometimes!

Also, most of the times it gets between 85-95 degrees here, but humidity makes it feel like we're in the triple digits(A good day with low humidity is between 50%-60%)! and 60 degrees to us means putting on heavy winter clothes!
>>
>>2230695
ah yes, another moron that doesn't realize the average includes the north and the south, the highs and the lows, the day and the night, the summer and the winter.

thank you for your thoughts.
>>
>>2228531
Both would run away, possibly while pooping
>>
>>2230122
>Rexy also has the most powerful bite force measured on earth as well.
Of any land animal perhaps. Things like deinosuchus and c.megalodon absolutely rekt the rex' bite force.

>>2228539
>being this wrong
Rex probably behaved like modern day lions and hyenas do: Primarily a hunter, but more than happy to pick at a carcass or muscle smaller predators out of their meals whenever possible.
>>
>>2231320
The only other predator in its environment was dakotaraptor, which was essentially the lone agile 'shadow'.

Dakotaraptor was basically the leopard of its time and hunted on smaller prey; prey too small to sustain even an adolescent tyrannosaurus. Though like a modern lion, tiger, or bear, this does not necessarily mean a tyrannosaur would not like a 'side snack'.
>>
>>223064
i live in Lauderdale, I don't think the inside of my house get's to 75 degrees most of the time. More like 85-95 and humid as fuck
>>
>>2229978
>>2230115
>>2230241
This guy >>2230420 is right. Google Alamosaurus. I doubt that it was a regular prey for Tyrannosaurus, though
>>
>>2232579
please read-
>>2231053

the inside of your house in Lauderdale is not the average temperature of the state of Florida.

sorry.
You're an idiot.

Here's your sign.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.