[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If you could revive any extinct prehistoric mammal which would

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

If you could revive any extinct prehistoric mammal which would you?

pic related, Jefferson Sloth.
>>
homo neanderthalensis.
>>
File: dinosaur.png (3MB, 1600x918px) Image search: [Google]
dinosaur.png
3MB, 1600x918px
>>2228476
>mammal
no
>>
>>2228486
>angry giant chickens

"no"
>>
Carolina parakeet.
>>
The white man.
>>
File: megalania.jpg (78KB, 900x463px) Image search: [Google]
megalania.jpg
78KB, 900x463px
Megalania.
>>
File: Megalania_Girl_130056.jpg (67KB, 700x500px) Image search: [Google]
Megalania_Girl_130056.jpg
67KB, 700x500px
>>2228545
Size
>>
But really, another human spp. would be a blast, especially with obvious inferior learning capabilities.
>>
>>2228545
>bigass monitor lizard
>mammal
Not even an exciting reptile.
>>
>>2228480
this
I want to see another hominid species
>>
File: 0_d694b_a0ee448e_orig.jpg (163KB, 1200x990px) Image search: [Google]
0_d694b_a0ee448e_orig.jpg
163KB, 1200x990px
No regrets.
>>
>>2230211
Same
I feel lonely.
>>
File: giraffatitan_brancai.jpg (525KB, 1600x1725px) Image search: [Google]
giraffatitan_brancai.jpg
525KB, 1600x1725px
>>2228476
or some other (hopefully) chill sauropod
>>
>>2230449
Carnivores would be the only viable ones to bring back, maybe really small herbivores too.

Sauropods would probably be fucked from how different plants are now.
>>
>>2230211
why we already have niggers
>>
>>2230556
Like you, right? Get out.
>>
>>2230652
Black people are literally hominids though you retard.
>>
>>2230675
They are not another species you retard.
>>
>>2230715
they most likely are.
>>
>>2230715
eh species is not the concrete concept normies think it is ("if they can produce fertile offspring they aren't different sprcies") and people evolve exceptionally quickly for our lifespans, it doesn't take even a full millennia of isolation for us to specialize. Even if they aren't a different species the differences might make coexisting impossible for the time being

ex. gray wolves and domestic dogs are in the same species yet I don't see anyone adopting wolf cubs and expecting to domesticate them in 1 generation.

I personally would not go as far as to say blacks, rather West Africans, are another species but I realize there is a normalized barrier to any sort of informed taxonomic classifications for people.

aus abos on the other hand...are another species
>>
>>2228480
>>2230725
in all seriousness neanderthals were bro tier, probably better than your avg porch monkey
>>
>>2230740
Dogs aren't even domesticated versions of the gray wolf though. It's some unclassified canid similar to the gray wolf, but is not the same species. But even at that, modern science classifies dogs as a separate species.

Many subspecies of a species can make viable offspring that can reproduce(see the introduction of Texas Cougar in Florida to create more genetic diversity for the Florida Panther).

We've already evolved(anatomically changed) since a few decades. More people are now born without an appendix, tonsils, or wisdom teeth. I, myself only have three wisdom teeth. So the human species is evolving.
>>
>>2230749
Actually, I retract the dog thing, it is a subspecies of gray wolf, and possibly arose from yet another subspecies, but considering the behaviors of the modern gray wolf and the domestic dog, creating hybrids of the two would be near impossible.
>>
>>2230740
>eh species is not the concrete concept normies think it is
I know that. Species are what we classify as species. And we decided that all humans on the planet are the same species.

>ex. gray wolves and domestic dogs are in the same species
That's debatable, there are different opinions.

>I don't see anyone adopting wolf cubs and expecting to domesticate them in 1 generation.
So what? Yeah you can't get a dog in one generation, but it doesn't mean they are not the same species.

>I personally would not go as far as to say blacks, rather West Africans, are another species but I realize there is a normalized barrier to any sort of informed taxonomic classifications for people.
There may be, I agree, but people are clearly not different enough to be considered different species (there may be opinions about subspecies though, as with Australian abos and Khoisan peoples).

>>2230749
>>2230752
>Many subspecies of a species can make viable offspring that can reproduce
Pretty much all subspecies must be able to do that. That's not a strict rule, but if two animals can't produce fertile offspring, no scientist will say that they are the same species.

>but considering the behaviors of the modern gray wolf and the domestic dog, creating hybrids of the two would be near impossible.
Lol u wot m8? There are fucktons of hybrids, hybrid dog breeds, and even interspecies hybrids like the dog/coyote and dog/jackal hybrids. Cats have a lot of interspecies hybrids too, and even some hybrids of two genuses.
>>
>>2230449
Imagine the food you will get from this beast. Just shoot it's small (for its body size) brain with 20mm aphe and boom whole body goes down. I wonder how it would taste like
>>
>>2232628
probably like chicken
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.