[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i got my 30 gallon tank set up a a few days ago and i'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 4698972222_109a8b8184.jpg (81KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
4698972222_109a8b8184.jpg
81KB, 500x333px
i got my 30 gallon tank set up a a few days ago and i'm super excited for it to finish cycling! it'll be the third tank up in my room, and i want to put in some goldfish because i think i'm ready for them. however, i’m still really, really torn on getting a fancy or a comet-tail though

pros of a fancy goldfish

-super cute
-i really want a redcap oranda because their little hats are to die for
-they do the bloopy mouth thing more often
a lot of variety even if i dont get a redcap

cons of a fancy goldfish

-their bodies are deformed in a more compressed way which fucks up their gastrointestinal system
-the growths that make up their little hats grow really big and could potentially grow into their eyes, obscuring their vision and making me sad because they can’t see as well
-do i really want to support the commercialization of animals that are bred specifically for deformities just because they’re cute? i don’t get balloon mollies for the same reasons i want a fancy goldfish
-if i only get one redcap and other ‘regular’ fancy goldfish, the redcap will be at a disadvantage later if it’s cap grows to obscure it’s eyes

pros of a comet-tail goldfish

-not a fancy variation but still fun to look at because the long swishy tail
-undeformed, less health issues later down the line
-i’ll feel better about myself

cons of a comet-tail

-no hats
-i don’t want one as much as i want a fancy variation
>>
>>2223379
Get comets and shubunkins if you want "craft" speshul but still qt and healthier than bubble headed goldfish- fish
>>
>>2223388
And to add to this, depending on price of your red caps individually, why not get one to start and compare contrast by getting a comet Aswell. and see which breed you prefer in the end. My parents kept a pond of fish once and the bubble headed fish always had weird health problems (TAHT the shubunkins and comets never got) which made them a waste of money but were cute to look at for the short while they were alive for. Ended up sticking with the other less encumbered speshul breeds from then on
>>
>>2223379
Get a redcap and a black moor.
There, you got two animals with poor vision that suck at swimming
Also
>30 gall
>Any goldfish
Kek, try with 100 for fancy and 200 for comet, shubunkin and common.
>>
>>2223398
What size tank did Mulder have
>>
>>2223407
Just remember that you need ten gallons per goldfish to keep up on the amount of waste they produce. This isn't counting once they get bigger.

You're better off starting with something like a 40/50 gallon tank, just two or three goldfish, some live plants, and maybe a few other small fish that do good in cold water, keeping the waste in mind with the goldfish. Plants help with that though, and there are some good DIY live plant filters on youtube.
>>
>>2223416
unfortunately the biggest tank i have is the 30 gallon, and with two other tanks set up (a 20gal long and a 10gal), this is my closest bet (Money and space is also pretty tight rn). Could I manage with 1 goldfish? I know they are obscenely dirty so it's not a very good idea to keep anything but other goldfish in there with them, and a lot of guides that I've looked up are just goldfish-specific with-other-goldfish care, but is there like... shrimps, snails... even a crawdad of some sort? I've had my heart set on Goldfish once I've had at least a year of experience with the other two tanks, but if it's not meant to be then I'll just wait till the time is right. The tank IS cycling though, and I do want something a little... solitary, seeing as the other two are more community oriented- one being with a betta and some platies, and the other being filled with mollies and cories.

Maybe I could just make it a lobster tank...? There's this really cool white lobster at my local petco that I've had my eyes on for a while. Everyone seems to be really conflicted on reccomendations of what fish to put in with a crawdad or lobster, if any at all.
>>
>>2223418
You can do three goldfish in a 30 gallon but you have to have a plan for when they are bigger so the waste doesn't destroy the tank basically. The plants help filter the waste, and if you do it right can also hide some small shrimps, cherry being pretty common. They also help with waste and I think you can have quite a few of them.

Just google other tank mates for goldfish. But if you are going with another fish, might want to just have 2 goldies.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.