[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

People who have their badly behaved dogs off-leash I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

File: gears.jpg (59KB, 1090x821px) Image search: [Google]
gears.jpg
59KB, 1090x821px
People who have their badly behaved dogs off-leash

I'm not talking dog parks here, just a regular park or trail. It's always dogs who clearly can't handle it since they run up to another dog as soon as they see one and starts bugging it.
How do you handle that? I quickly step in between my dog and the strange one, try to make some move that says "don't come closer" to the strange dog and firmly tell its owner to put it on a leash.
>>
I hate this. I see people with dogs that will literally try to chase anything that has a pulse when it walks by, and they struggle to pull the leash and keep them in check.

At least they aren't off-leash like in your case. Why are so many dog owners entitled and think their dog is the only thing that matters?
>>
Drunk Puerto Ricans who let their pitbulls off the leash and wander the streets 30 feet in front of them at three in the morning are the worst.

t. live in the Bronx
>>
>>2222796
Happened to me after coming home in the schoolbus for the 4rd time.

>Be me
>Be 3rd grade
>Trying to get used to bus
>Bus drops me off pretty close to my house
>There're three houses on my street, I was at the corner.
>Big pitbull escaped my growhouse neighbor's backyard, which is between my house and the house near the main road.
>It spots me trying to sneak past
>targetacquired.exe
>Pit chases me down at break dick speeds.
>Run into Jamaican yard guy.
>Very big and intimidating
>Asks what's the problem
>Go ahead and explain.
>He finds a coconut and walks down the road
>My mother looks out the window and sees my little white ass, next to a huge black guy and she freaks.
>He walks me to the door and explains everything.
>I was scared to go on the bus until 7th grade.
>Fucking hate dogs today at a point
>I still hate schoolbuses(for newer reasons)
>I despise the people of Miami.

Though I became chill with that yard guy. I still say hi to him every now and then.
>>
People who have their aggressive dogs on 7+ ft of retractable leash in an area full of people.
>>
People who yell/make noises at random peoples barking dogs
>>
So I have no idea if this is common or not, but people who let their toddlers walk dog in the playground around a bunch of other kids. I don't care how sweet and loving your dog is, your toddler is obviously not going to be able to hold that dog if it decides it wants to go, and you are just being rude as fuck by making everyone else nervous.

Like, I get it, you got a dog for the kid, and it's a good dog, but at best, that dog is still going to knock a couple kids over when it sees someone across the park throwing a ball.

It's just rude, even if it's a really good dog.
>>
>>2222606
>walking in well-known park
>not an off-leash dog park, but allows dogs on leash
>taking daily stroll through the trails
>suddenly big black lab comes crashing through the woods barking and growling
>freeze and stay utterly still while the overweight lab slowly creeps closer, growling
>middle-aged, maybe older, woman comes strolling out around the corner without a care in the world
>"oh, he's stranger aggressive"
>she still continues to do nothing while the dog is right up on me now
>I ask her if she can call the dog off
>she tries to no avail
>dog is now nose deep in my crotch and growling
>getting scared, I asked her what I should do
>she just shrugs
>stay still for a while, talking in baby talk in an attempt to calm the dog down
>meanwhile owner stay about a yard away and watches
>after a couple minutes, dog is done sniffing and runs up the path without the owner again
>owner nonchalantly saunters by, following the dog
>"thanks for helping me train him"
>y-you too
>>
>>2222809
I like that story. Thanks for sharing
>>
>>2222606
There is a big field by my house I like to take my puppy to to run around in. I let him off leash and basically just run around and explore to burn off energy.
But once I see people coming from down the sidewalk I grab his leash and hold it until the person or dog or whatever is gone. He's usually really good about ignoring things, but this is for us and for the people walking. Usually it's other people's dogs that do the running up to us.
>>
>>2223217
Totally saw a kid today on our walk who looked about 6 or 7. Just really little and was walking a dog, some shitty rat looking terrier. Even though his dog was basically a rat it was pulling this little kid as it started going crazy seeing my dog.

All I could think of was why the fuck this little kid is out unsupervised with the dog? Parents are so shitty nowadays it's ridiculous.
>>
Other side of the fence story.
>adopted a 2 year old black retriever looking mutt
>live in the middle of nowhere
>dog stays in the yard without a leash
>fenced in so he can't run into "traffic" which consists of maybe 3 cars a day
>super friendly dog
>made friends with a turtle
>a duck
>a squirrel
>one day a strong wind blew a pile of leaves and he tried to be friends with that too
>decide to take him to the park
>he's a total flirt but won't listen to me when around other dogs
>recognize this is a bad thing
>put him back on leash
>he just sits and whines because he isn't playing with the other dogs

Feels bad.
>>
>>2223360
wow, that insane.
If the kid really want to walk the dog the parents should do it with a back up leash. so the kid holds a leash, thinking it's walking the dog, and the parents walk nearby with a slightly shorter leash, so if the dog charges something, their leash will pull tight first. that way the kid can "walk" the dog, while it's still safe for the kid or other people/animals
>>
>>2222796
That sounds fucking horrifying.. I mean not like you'd want to be out there at 3am anyway.
>>
>>2223293
Jesus Christ anon are you sure another dog didn't already bite your nuts off?

Definitely should have given that owner shit. What if instead of you it was a kid or something.
>>
I do let my dog off leash on regular trails if they are relatively empty.

That said, she is polite (doesn't rush up to other dogs/people) and has good recall. Even so, whenever I see another person/dog on the trail, I call her to me and leash her while we pass by them just in case--I don't want to make people nervous, and I don't want the possibility of her bothering someone, nor the possibility of someone/another dog hurting her. Too many variables so I'd rather just leash her until the other people/dogs are gone to be safe.

>>2223424
That's a decent idea. My brother in law just got a puppy and he's got young kids who are very oblivious. I should suggest this to him.
>>
>>2222606
I've booted two dogs because of this.
Would be skating down the road and see a dog run towards me out of nowhere. This has happened more times than I can count but they usually fuck off if I yell at them. Two times though they kept running towards me and got kicked in the head for getting way too close while running full speed at me.
>Was bit by a run out dog as a kid, never again.
>>
>>2222606
I know of exactly one dog who behaves off leash, and it happens to be this tiny longhaired chihuahua/pomeranian mix named Taco. Very chill, quiet and always stays within 5 feet of his owner.

Most others have been annoying, poorly trained shits.
>>
>>2223098
Holy fuck this
Last week I was on a trail walking and this girl behind me had her dog on a long ass retractable leash. So I'm only slightly ahead of them and suddenly I feel pressure on the back of my legs. The dog was so far ahead of her AND pulling to the side so that the leash was stretched against my legs. I hope that description makes sense.

Retractable leashes in general are fucking useless though. I don't get why so many people use them
>>
>>2223357
Good on you, I do the same thing. Most people do take their dogs to the field off leash and they end up playing but ONLY after they've had a polite greeting and established that they click.
I don't care how friendly my dog is, there's no way to tell how the other dog, or person even, will react
>>
>have a dog that is aggressive towards other male dogs (he is totally fine and playful with everything else, just not male dogs)
>live right next to a park where a lot of people walk their dogs
>probably 3 times a week we meet off-leash dogs that will run straight up towards us
>there are lease laws in my country, but many people don't give a fuck
>it's okay if the dog is a female or a puppy, but not male dogs as my dog will attack them if they comes all the way close
>tell the owners to call in their dog, as my dog will snap, growl and bark at their male dog
>owners often ignore me however and say "oh, no he is very nice, it's okay" literally every single time (it's usually those with bigger dogs)
>i try to insist, but they never care, probably because their dog is bigger and can take mine if anything really happens. people with smaller dogs tend to be more careful and usually try to call their dog in when i tell them to
>often the other dogs aren't aggressive and will walk away when my dog start at them
>but sometimes they will start to become aggressive back
>a couple of times i have had to kick their dogs in order to get them off mine as they will not stop attacking mine, and he can't run away or defend himself as he is on a lease
>in the end, the owner will come over angrily and tell me to "control my dog"

I honestly don't think that is fair. I control my dog by keeping him on a short lease because I know he has problems. I don't let him walk to other dogs. It's really frustrating when I tell the owners to not let their dog come over to mine, they ignore me. I can't even do anything because their dog is loose. Worst thing is that I can't even avoid the park, I have to walk through. I train really hard and have used lots of money and time for classes and trainers. He has gotten a lot better. We have been gradually going closer to other male dogs, but whenever they walk straight up to him and sets him off, it set our progress 10 steps back.
>>
>>2223487
How can you not avoid this one park? What destination are you going to that you always have to "walk through" this one specific park
>>
>>2223488
As I said, I live right next to the park. Like literally walk out of the apartment and I'm in the park. The apartments are built like an U-shape around the park, and I'm at the bottom of the U. So there is this walkway you go to get to the other end, which goes through the park.
>>
>>2223490
That's pretty shitty anon. I just assumed there would be some sort of alternative route or parking lot or something people could walk through instead
>>
>>2223471
They are really awesome if your dog is well trained, has good leash manners, and a great recall. They give your doggo lots more freedom, and are great when you are walking a trail and want to let them sniff and enjoy themselves.

That being said, 99% of people who use them have horrifically trained dogs....
>>
>>2222606
Wow some of you guys in the thread sound like a bunch of fucking tight arses.

Every time I've had a dog come up to my dog and I, they did nothing but a little sniff of each other, that was it. Even had one pull the play stance. Unless a dog is showing signs of aggressive behaviour, some of you cunts need to chill the fuck out.
>>
>>2223493
Yeah, we have a garage underneath that goes out the other way, but only those that have a parking spot have the keys to get down there. It only takes like 3-4 minutes to walk past the buildings and out of the park, but you can meet a lot of dogs in that time period.
>>
fuck people, this happens all the time over here.
no one is going to know better on your behalf, you just need to tell some people to fuck off because they don't know you and aren't going to be able to sympathize past wanting to shove their dog in your space before you can even act on it.

there isn't tolerance to biting here either so even if it's someones fault for being retarded but it's your dog that bites them in the report, you loose your dog and they put it down faster than any shit they're ever going to give about the other person not having a leash.
>>
>>2223437
Same. I got bit hard in the thigh when I was about 6 or so.
I don't fuck around with dogs running up to me. I'll kick and stomp a dog that gets too close.
>>
>buy pitbull
>overbred as fuck, genetic nightmares
>crowding shelters
>only retards want them
>literally bred for hundreds of years to be the strongest fighting killers
>b-but it's how you raise them

Fuck off
>>
>>2222796
go home, yuppie scum.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.