[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.theguardian.com/environ ment/2016/sep/16/norway-

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: tumblr_mc7pmmElUG1r38hk2o1_500.jpg (53KB, 500x303px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mc7pmmElUG1r38hk2o1_500.jpg
53KB, 500x303px
https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2016/sep/16/norway-wolf-cull-government-wwf-friends-earth-environment-protest?cmp=oth_b-aplnews_d-2 and I thought Norway was super green
>>
>>2221666
That's really weird that there is only 68 wolves in Norway. Are they causing a problem? What is the reasoning here.
>>
>>2221666
Norway kills whales
>>
>>2221686
Angry farmers and hunters. Wolves are not a problem. Sure they kill some sheep, but nothing compared to the sheep that simply die on their own. The sheep here are bred to give as much meat and wool as possible, and the way to keep sheep here is to release them into the forest and mountains during summer without supervision. A lot of them fall and break their legs, get lost, drown or die from diseases. Some get killed by predators. If the farmer can document that they were killed by predators they get a compensation from the state. Wolves are not a problem. To make it worse, Norway produce more sheep meat than we eat, and still Norway even imports sheep meat. It's madness. Traditions is strong here, and the farmers have some ridicoulus rights.

As for hunters. The way to hund moose here is to let your dog loose, find a moose and bark at it/chase it towards the hunter until the hunter can come and shoot it. If the hunting dogs run into wolves, the wolves will most likely kill them. So the hunters hate wolves.

The thing is, the majority of Norway wants to keep the wolves, but there's minority of angry and very local farmers and hunters in rural Norway who has now found a loophole to actually get this done. I'm furious. I live in the 'wolf zone' but since I don't hunt or keep sheep, my opinion means nothing.
>>
>>2221696
>angry and very local farmers and hunters
hah, angry and very VOCAL farmers and hunters
>>
>>2221696
Oh well, I can at least understand it now, even if I also find it much ado about nothing. Looking at the distribution chart of wolves in Nordic, they're already completely isolated (it's not going to good genetically?). Why not just eradicate them altogether if you're going to go this way...
>>
>>2221706
Well Sweden has 300-400 wolves, then there's Russia. So there is no danger for inbreeding if they were allowed to be more than a handful. We also have a too big moose population, they are doing a lot of damage on the forest, so we actually need the few predators we have to keep a healthy ecosystem.
>>
>>2221706
>>2221708
So they're not isolated as the wolfzones in Norway is very close to the Swedish border.
>>
File: image.jpg (51KB, 576x1024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51KB, 576x1024px
>>2221666
>the guardian
>>
>>2221720
>tripfaggot
>>
>>2221666
Not living in europe I can't tell, but shouldn't local wildlife under the thousand individuals be protected, from dumb sensationalists and alarmists?
>>
>>2221734
You would think so but no. We have the same problem for bears, lynx and wolverines to some degree, but the wolf is always the 'main' villain.
>>
>>2221869
Living in Idaho all the hunters and farmers here are the same way. They think wolf populations are going unchecked and accusing them of destroying too many animals and farm land. There is no point in arguing with them, they're a majority uneducated fucks that probably evolved from the shitty russet potatoes they farm. They think the current wolf hunting season isn't good enough despite it being fine at keeping the populations to a decent number.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.