[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would anyone happen to know a good place for a gofundme to get

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 9

File: 14401711_1473534067.6241.jpg (75KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
14401711_1473534067.6241.jpg
75KB, 600x400px
Would anyone happen to know a good place for a gofundme to get some traction?

My sister's dog got cancer so they're trying to raise money for treatments
>>
>>2221625
>>
how come people owning a house, a tv and a car need to beg for money for a vet?
>>
>>2221688
Treating cancer in dogs is very expensive. Even more than routine care that most people can easily afford.
>>
>>2221688
By that logic only homeless people need money
>>
>>2221690
as i said they can afford houses and cars, just how expensive is a vet in murrica? this is literaly the online version of sitting on the sidewalk with a hat and cardboard sign

maybe they should go abroad and get their dog treated in spain
>>
>>2221695
>just how expensive is a vet in murrica
If you have to ask in the first place then that just means you're talking at your ass.
>>
>>2221698
>talking at your ass.
*out
>>
>>2221695
>just how expensive is a vet in murrica
One thing you're not think of is that it wouldn't just be one visit

Repeated visits get expensive
>as i said they can afford houses and cars
Something tells me you don't know a thing about finances
>>
>>2221688
Most people only have $2000 put away for veterinary emergencies, like if their dog eats chocolate or gets bit by a snake. Treating cancer costs much more than that, possibly up to $10k.
>>
>>2221698
I ask because in europe you can easily afford it with at worst a loan
>>
>>2221625
>>2221625

Stop asking for money you dumb cunt.

Work overtime or next time get insurance for your dog.

Now fuck off.
>>
>>2221705
for 2000$ you can get your dogs torn knee ligament fixed 5 times in east europe
>>
>>2221705
>10.000$
thats far less than a new car get a fucking loan
>>
>>2221741
Whats with your obsession with cars?
>>
>>2221736
>next time
You mean AFTER the current one dies of cancer?
>>
>>2221705
>possibly up to $10k.
Fuck

Really?
>>
>>2221741
Not everyone can afford to get a loan. 10k is a lot of money especially when you're paying it back with interest.
>>
>>2221625
Sorry people are being dicks to you OP, and sorry about your sister's dog.
You could try posting on tumblr or twitter or even facebook but unless you already have a decent internet following you're most likely not going to get that much attention.
>>
>>2221741
>get a fucking loan
You say it as if its just that easy. Thats a lot of money once they start to pile on interest.
>>
>>2221753
>Sorry people are being dicks to you OP
It's 4chan, I expected as much.
>unless you already have a decent internet following you're most likely not going to get that much attention.
Which is the problem. I have zero social media presence.
>>
>>2221747
most families have one or 2, they are good reference
>>
>>2221754
so people are completely unavare of the cost of an old dog's health care right until the point it gets cancer?

how do you expect to get 10k for your dog by begging?

even if a lot of people donated, a lot of retards appear to be in the same shoes groupfounding their stupid dogs, getting 100$ at most
>>
>>2221761
might as well start selling lemonades 4 cancer, that way at least you give something back
>>
>>2221705
>or gets bit by a snake
Is dog treatment crazily less expensive than humans?
a rattlesnake bite on a human can cost upwards of 20k
>>
$10000 for cancer treatment that may or may not work or give the cancerous dog quality of life
$500 for euthanasia and a new dog
>>
>>2221758
Even if that was the case just because someone has enough money at one time to get a car doesn't mean they'd later have enough to afford something like a 10k loan like people are saying. You have no idea what a family's individual finances or circumstances would be like.
>>
>>2221766
>$500 for euthanasia and a new dog
You're a fucking monster
>>
>>2221758
>two used cars totaling $4000 is good reference
>>
Not being a dick here but none of you sound like you have any life experience or know how the world works. You sound very angry that you aren't where you want to be and stuck working a shitty wage and will do nothing about it.
>>
>>2221783
It is guaranteed that a dog will need expensive treatment in old age. There are pretty much 0 dogs who just drift to sleep peacefully, without hip dysplasia, cancer, kidney failure, liver problems, etc. etc.

Is there no such thing as a pet insurance?
>>
>>2221790
>Is there no such thing as a pet insurance?
You still have to fork over the money with pet insurance and wait to be compensated.
>>
>>2221790
In the united states, you have to pay out of pocket and the pet insurance company reimburses you after you submit your claim.

>>2221785
Many dogs with cancer are euthanized rather than putting them through chemo.
>>
>>2221788
I can't tell which side of the thread you're talking about

Or everyone
>>
>>2221796
So you can't make a payment plan with the vets?

How do you everyday non-rich people even keep pets?
>>
>>2221802
>Many dogs with cancer are euthanized rather than putting them through chemo.
Then say that instead of sounding like a heartless bastard.
>>
>>2221806
by not paying for invasive, painful treatments that will give an animal a couple extra years at best
>>
>>2221802
>rather than putting them through chemo.
They aren't putting the dog through chemo. Apparently they're going the holistic/natural way.
>>
>>2221809
I'm not the same anon, sorry for the confusion.
>>
So sorry about your sisters dog OP. You mentioned you have zero social media presence, now is the time to start up a Tumblr, Facebook and sell your story. Post in dog groups, offer to give something back to people with every donation (thank you cards with the dog printed on them, or little buttons.) Alternatively if that isn't an option your best bet is to start up a local fundraiser, hold an event of some kind at your local dog park or home, put up posters or urge them to sell everything they don't need.

Having lost multiple dogs and human relatives to cancer, I wish you the best. Sometimes chemo only serves to extend what is a very painful existence for them, and chemo comes with its own set of problems unfortunately, that will most likely drastically reduce quality of life for the individual, and depending on the individual cancer it may all be for naught. That's a beautiful dog.
>>
File: 14401711_14737079910_r.jpg (37KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
14401711_14737079910_r.jpg
37KB, 750x1334px
>>2221849
>chemo comes with its own set of problems unfortunately, that will most likely drastically reduce quality of life for the individual
Which is why they don't want to give her chemo
>That's a beautiful dog.
Thanks
>>
>>2221688
Because the house has a monthly mortgage, the car has monthly payments, and the TV, while actually frivolous, has a monthly payment tied to it as well.
These things you would know if you still didn't live in your mom's basement.
>>
>>2221806
Most vets expect at least a deposit.
>>
>>2221695
It depends on where you go.

When my brother's cat ate a lily and needed it's stomach pumped and some sort of detoxification procedure, the cost was $2,000.

The dog I recently adopted, 8 year old puggle, could at one point need a femoral head osteotomy procedure done, from an injury caused by being dropped, she's fine right now, but that procedure may cost anywhere from $1,000-$2,000 depending on where you go.

Our black lab had a torn ACL, and our regular vet said it would be around $700 for the procedure, so we did it. Then later the repair failed, not wanting to do another surgery at 7 years old, we just left it and gave him pain meds.

Then our Chesapeake Bay Retriever tore her ACL but we took her to a different vet. That vet gave us two options, restructure the entire joint to somehow function without the ACL which would have been $1,500+ surgery, or leave it as is, put her on two months of limited activity, leash to pee and poop then back inside, to allow for scar tissue to build up around the knee which would then stabilize it.
We did that and she's been perfectly fine.

There are pet health care plans you can enroll your pets in that cover procedures, or percentages, at a monthly cost just like human plans, but if you're a eurocuck, you won't know about that.

It really depends on where you go, many vets will suggest expensive procedures when they're not really needed, and the prices for those procedures will vary.
>>
>>2221625
Have the dog put down. It's not like there's a dog shortage.
>>
>>2221899
Eat shit
>>
>>2221880
Is it really that different from yuropoors?
>>
Try reddit. Begging for money is not allowed here
>>
>>2222186
Well im not asking here
>>
For what it's worth, I hope you succeed, and that dog pulls through.
>>
>>2222326
Thanks
>>
File: 20150731_204205.jpg (395KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20150731_204205.jpg
395KB, 2560x1440px
>>
File: 20150318_151349.jpg (891KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20150318_151349.jpg
891KB, 2560x1440px
>>
File: 20150420_190759.jpg (839KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20150420_190759.jpg
839KB, 2560x1440px
>>
File: 20150531_130045.jpg (898KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20150531_130045.jpg
898KB, 2560x1440px
>>
>>2221785
I just had to put my dog down earlier this month because he had heart cancer and there was nothing we could have done. We talked to a friend afterwards and she said that she paid over $10,000 for chemotherapy for her dog. The dog was miserable the entire time and died shortly after treatment ended. You can call people monsters but I know I did the right thing.
>>
>>2221766
I completely agree. plenty of people go through chemo and regret it... it's awful and I think it could be considered animal abuse to put an animal through that much pain.
>>
>>2223280
Don't try and twist it.

You don't say
>$500 for euthanasia and a new dog
And not get called a fucking monster. A dog is not a thing you can just replace like that. It's like casually saying "just kill a member of your family and buy a new one".

I'm not saying there is anything wrong with putting a dog down thats in pain because chemo is terrible, im saying don't treat a dog like a fucking toy to replace.
>>
>>2223294
>A dog is not a thing you can just replace like that

Yes it is. There is another dog out there that will be put to sleep because it didn't get adopted.

So not getting a new dog immediately, if you intend to own a dog, is actually morally wrong. The best way to get over pets is to get a new pet, also. This does not diminish the old pet's place in your life, it simply means that pets fill a role in our lives that we have power over. This isn't true with people, so you can't compare pets to people. Doesn't work the same.
>>
>>2223297
Once again, you fail to understand the context of what im saying.
>im saying don't treat a dog like a fucking toy to replace
This is the important part
>>
>>2223297
>>2223294
Also your gofundme is immoral because thousands of dollars could be spent saving and immeasurably improving the lives of hundreds of other dogs. But your ONE DOG is more important than all those other dogs, because they don't deserve to live too, right?

My dog is 5 and needs TPLO surgery. I don't have the money. My parents told me to do a gofundme. I said it was morally wrong because the money should be spent on other people/animals that are more in NEED.

You come with this perspective of moral superiority but you are actually a fucking lost case narcissist who thinks your own dog is vastly more important than all others. Fuck you.
>>
>>2223301
Oh eat a dick you self righteous prick
>>
>>2223301
>B-B-But this money could go to OTHER DOGS
You're a fucking dumbass and you shouldn't own an animal

You can't save everything, help whats in front of you before you priorities go to elsewhere

What the actual fuck is wrong with you?
>>
>>2223304
>you self righteous prick

hilarious.

>A DOG IS NOT A TOY!!!!!
>MY DOG SHOULD GET CHEMOTHERAPY WHICH WILL MAKE THE REMAINDER OF ITS LIFE MISERABLE AND POSSIBLY NOT WORK
>OTHER PEOPLE SHOULD SPEND THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS ON THIS INSTEAD OF DONATING THE MONEY TO THEIR LOCAL NO-KILL SHELTER

Funny how the people trying to come from positions of moral superiority are most frequently the ones with bizarre, distorted, warped ideas of right and wrong.

You care about you. That's all you really give a damn about in the world.
>>
>>2223307
Read the fucking thread you dumbshit

No one ever said the dog would get put though chemo
>>
>>2223306
okay, how much are you donating? I need $2000 for TPLO, $400 for various diagnostic imaging, $800 for mypetsbrace leg brace.

Part of the reason I can't afford this is because I already spent $3000 on past knee surgeries for fucking luxating patella on both sides. Suck my dick.
>>
>>2223307
>Funny how the people trying to come from positions of moral superiority are most frequently the ones with bizarre, distorted, warped ideas of right and wrong.
Right back at you buddy

Wrong where im stand its morally wrong to not save whats in front of you because "but what about others!?"

Do you try to spend as little money on yourself as possible so you can feed all the starving children in Africa?
>>
>>2223313
no kill shelters typically neuter and spay all dogs that come through. can't be compared to africans.

but then again, you've never volunteered at a shelter in your life, have you?

how many lost, stray dogs have you saved from the streets?

my ancestors are smiling at me, imperial.
>>
>>2223317
You sound like some stuck up fuck head who thinks he is morally superior to everyone just because he has done some volunteer work.

I reiterate, eat a dick.
>>
As much as I love dogs, I don't see why people pay for cancer treatment in them. That is a huge waste of money.

Unless you're a millionaire and the cost is no factor, just have the dog put down.
>>
File: 1471286464516.jpg (76KB, 750x578px) Image search: [Google]
1471286464516.jpg
76KB, 750x578px
>>2221853
>vet doesn't want to give dog chemo for dog's sake
>BUT MUH FEELINGS
>GIVE ME 10K SO MY DOG CAN SUFFER

Holy shit, fuck off
>>
>>2223342
Are you a fucking idiot? No one is saying the dog is getting chemo. When I said "they" I didn't mean the fucking vet. I meant the owners of the dog.

You know what they say about assumptions.
>>
>>2223353
even better
>family knows the dog will suffer on chemo
>op barges in
>MUH FEELINGS
>GIVE ME 10K

and you should've learned not to use vague pronouns in high school, dipshit
>>
>>2223363
What the fuck are you even going on about at this point
>>
>>2223366
your white trash family won't be able to afford treatment, and the dog will suffer unnecessarily before dying because you refuse to put him down

now go take your anger out somewhere else
>>
>>2223370
>You know what they say about assumptions
I have the feeling you didn't read a single bit of this thread and are only here to shitpost
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.