[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sup, /an/ can you give me the low down on wiener dogs? Had a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

File: weiner dog.jpg (19KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
weiner dog.jpg
19KB, 300x200px
Sup, /an/ can you give me the low down on wiener dogs?

Had a skittish ass wiener dog come inside my house when I let my dogs inside. Given that I could count the ribs on this low rider, I am assuming it has been out and about for a while, however, I can see that it is going to be a beautiful specimen of the breed when it fattens up.

I gave the doggo a washo and treated it for fleas after it ate its fill and let it back outside figuring it would find its way home, only for it to hide by the door and run back inside when my dogs went back out to use the bathroom again.

It seems to be pretty shy around humans in general, but not an aggro doggo towards anything. So I let it crash in the house. Fucker slept for about 10 hours.

Anywho, I don't want the owners to have it back because it was more flea than dog, terribly under-nourished, and scared of humans. So either I will keep it or my brother-in-law who is looking for a dog will keep it.

That said, anything I need to know about these little bastards in particular?
>>
>>2220674

>I don't want the owners to have it back

I should specify I don't know who owned the the thing as I have never seen it around the neighborhood before, but as soon as I post anything about finding a pure bred wiener, I can guarantee about 50 people will claim it is theirs to try and breed it.

No chip, no collar, no identifiers, and the same all over ginger color that the breed is known for.
>>
How old do you reckon it is?
Be careful of its back while handling it since they're very prone to back injuries, especially if its legs are very short.
>>
>>2220678

It is an extreme low rider so I have to take care if I want to pick it up for sure.

As for its age? I don't know. It appears to be an adult, but how old it is I have no idea. I can't tell by its mannerisms how old it is either because it was half-starved so even if it was playful and happy go lucky or something it sure as shit isn't that way right now.

If I had to guess, probably between 1-4 years of age.
>>
>>2220682
If that's the case, it's probably not going to get much larger than its current size. Standard or mini? Either way, you seem to have the right idea so far and a good head on your shoulders so my advice would be to keep a close eye on its weight - any extra pounds will be extremely detrimental for its back. Also take it to the vet asap, obviously.
Got any pictures?
>>
>I don't want the owners to have it back because it was more flea than dog, terribly under-nourished

Yeah, that can happen when a dog gets lost.

>I, a total stranger to this animal, gave the doggo a washo
>scared of humans

These statements are contradictory.

First, admit to yourself that you want to steal the cute lil' sausage dog. Then take it to the vet and get it checked out for internal parasites. No sense stealing a dog that's just gonna die of heartworm in a month.
>>
>>2220682
>It appears to be an adult
check it's teeth.
>>
File: 1473734885324.jpg (84KB, 680x785px) Image search: [Google]
1473734885324.jpg
84KB, 680x785px
>>2220691
Cut it in half and count the Rings OP
>>
>>2220674
>I could count the ribs on this low rider, I am assuming it has been out and about for a while
>let it back outside figuring it would find its way home

Wha- Why would you assume it was just going to find its way home if it seems like this dog has been missing/lost for so long that it's underweight??

Also, given that you have no idea how long this doggo has been missing, it isn't fair to say based on his condition that you won't give him back to his owners if you find them. If he's been missing for quite a while, of course he's going to be underweight and flea-ridden.

And assuming the owners are shitty because the dog is timid/afraid of you is really dumb, too. Some dogs are just naturally timid/wary of strangers or people who are not their owners. This doesn't mean the dog was mistreated.

You should really try to find his owner. How would you feel if your dog went missing and someone found it and just decided to keep it?

Post up some "found" ads/posters (online and IRL) and look for "lost" ads that match the dog's description. Also, check your local city shelter to see if anyone filed a report about their dog being missing there (and file a report with them that you found the dog.) If you're concerned that people who aren't the dog's owners will try to claim him, you can ask for some kind of proof of ownership (pictures, vet records, etc.) Also, you can withhold a crucial detail or two (for instance, gender) from your "found" ads and ask that the people identify the dog. Especially if he seems to have any unique features, you can use that to verify that the owners are the real deal.
>>
>>2220686

Mini.

>>2220691

It has all of them and they are quite tiny.
>>
>>2220709

>Put up a lost dog picture of a pure bred daschund
>Expecting just the owners to show up instead of a bunch of backyard breeders

I should also explain that people drop dogs off in the area as abandonment all the fucking time.
>>
>>2220674
I have a wiener for about 5 years.

First and only rule: DONT LET IT JUMP OR GO UP OR DOWN STAIRS.

they have very sensitive spine. If you let your duschound jump around his lower bqck will be paralyzed in age of 5 and RIP. Also they are great hunting partners.
>>
>>2220840
>dog can't jump or walk around
>great hunting partner

how dumb are you?
>>
>>2220844
oh my god
>>
Its Dachshund btw, dachs=badger, hund=hound/dog since these guys were bred to drive badgers from their burrows among other things. In Germany, people rarely call them.Dachshund though, mostly just Dackel (pronounced 'duckle').
>>
>>2220736
Ok but did you read the rest of the post? There are plenty of ways to mitigate that.
>>
File: pickelhaube dachshund.gif (1000KB, 368x208px) Image search: [Google]
pickelhaube dachshund.gif
1000KB, 368x208px
>>2220844
He's not wrong actually. Wiener dogs were bred to crawl through small burrows so they could kill animals such as rabbits. They are also quite good at digging, just watch some videos of them in action and you will be impressed.
>>
>>2222098
their backs aren't as bad as they're made out to be as long as you buy them from a proper breeder.
>>
My grandpa has one named Murphy. He's really sweet. He used to be a fatass but my grandpa put him on a diet and he's healthy now.
>>
>>2220735
How much plaque is on them? Are they fairly white or caked in yellow/brown?
>>
>>2222098
yes, many terriers are also bred for this purpose and, as a bonus, they won't be crippled at the age of four when they jump off the landing a bit wrong
>>
File: image.jpg (878KB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
878KB, 2448x3264px
Just watch the spine, and they should live a long time. Teeth tend to be a problem as well, judging by my experience.
Pic is my doggo, she's 13 but is still really healthy.
>>
Good on you for taking in this stray doggu.
>>
File: noa32.jpg (835KB, 4608x3072px) Image search: [Google]
noa32.jpg
835KB, 4608x3072px
>>2222124
it looks pretty young for its age, mine is grey as fuck.
>>
>>2220676
Say found dog at X Street, contact to identify it. It could have been lost for a very long time, given those dogs are useless they don't fare well on their own.

>>2220682
The vet didn't give it an estimate? I'm assuming you brought it to the vet to scan for a microchip

>>2222098
A working dach would, but the ones you get at pet stores and BYBs are not working dogs.
>>
>>2222106
Dachsunds weren't bred to jump, they were bred to go underground and kill rabbits, rats, and badgers. Yes, badgers. They're working/hunting dogs. Yeah, the specialization left them with some problems, but that goes for a lot of breeds.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.