[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should i buy a female for my untamed cockatiel or should i first

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 20160913_142501.jpg (3MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20160913_142501.jpg
3MB, 4128x2322px
Should i buy a female for my untamed cockatiel or should i first tame him?

So far i have him for 3 months at least and takes treats from both my fingers and the palm of my hand. He is just hand shy.
>>
>>2220256
It will be a lot harder to tame him when you get another bird. It's not a bad idea, and you'd just have to get used to the idea of them liking each other more than you.
>>
have you tried luring him on your hand with a treat? so hold out one hand for him to step on, and have a treat in your other hand just out of reach behind the first hand. to get the treat he would have to step up your hand.
>>
>>2220888
I tried it but when he realizes that he needs to step on my finger to get the treat he runs away.
>>
>>2220277
If he bonds with the other tiel, will he be agressive and scared of me? And will not step up?

I want to buy him a female since when i go to shool he is alone and i don't want him to feather pluck himself.
>>
>>2221070
Maybe absence will make the heart grow fonder for you
>>
>>2221070
It's hard to say. I got my tiel a girlfriend because I work 8 hours a day and he still loves me, but other people have done the same thing and say that their birds won't give them the time of day anymore.

My tiel was already tame when I got him a friend, though. I'd think that it'd be hard to tame yours when he has a friend. If you're going to be out of the house for a while though with no one else around for him it may be good for him to have a friend.
>>
How to bond with a bird?
Eat and drink together! Even the shiest tiel seems curious when their owner eats or drinks.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.