[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright so my house just got robbed, my heart is in pieces right

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

File: 8e8.png (8KB, 509x619px) Image search: [Google]
8e8.png
8KB, 509x619px
Alright so my house just got robbed, my heart is in pieces right now and I need your help /an/ there is no sticky and I'm a newfag.

It's just me and my mom and I'm literally going into paranoia of home invasion atm so I was thinking of a dog with a menacing allure to dissuade/protect my home and family.

I know these kind of threads are frowned upon but I'm getting desperate I can't live in fear in my own home.

I was thinking of adopting an adult dog but I never had a dog before.
What kind of dog would you recommend for this purpose? I live in a house with a big backyard which would be nice for a dog I think easy maintenance and care would be a plus I don't have preferences of breed.
>>
File: springfield_armory_xd.jpg (228KB, 1270x985px) Image search: [Google]
springfield_armory_xd.jpg
228KB, 1270x985px
>>
A german shephard or rottweiler.
>>
>>2217191
I'm yurocuck and that's not going to help if I'm not home.
>>
>>2217186
>never had a dog before
>thinking of [getting] a dog with a menacing allure to protect my home and family.
please dont.
>>
>>2217198
Why not?
>>
>>2217186
>le guard dog meme
enjoy getting your throat ripped out by your own dog

or landing in jail when it mauls a random guy on the street
>>
>>2217202
It's not a meme?
>>
Get a Beware of Guard Dog sticker or two, and a fake security alarm company sticker.
>>
>>2217198
>>2217202
I'll be fine with the dog just barking at strangers for dissuasion that's why I mentioned "menacing allure" I never said anything about killing or attacking
>>
Try moving out of the ghetto.
>>
>>2217198
FUCKING THIS, DO NOT GET AN AGGRESSIVE DOG OR "guard dog" IF YOU HAVE NO EXPERIENCE OR TRAINING WITH THEM.

Get a shotgun OP, they are legal in most european countries and just require a gun safe and a license.
Eu laws force all Eu countries to have castle laws where it is legal to shoot intruders.

Serious stay away from aggressive dogs or trying to raise your own guard dogs, real guard dogs are expensive and professional trained.
>>
>>2217211
>buy more money >:)
>>
>>2217186
I had a rhodesian ridgeback through my childhood/teenage years. They have minimal grooming requirements (still wash/clip their nails etc every once in a while tho.) They do however require a fair bit of exercise, ours was pretty lazy though. Basically:

+big size
+not necessarily very agressive but still reserved
+scary bark which is used only when things are awry
+low maintainence for grooming
+p chill niggaz

。Not really the smartest dogs around but still pretty easily trained

-food bill
-need space
-need exercise
-expensive

If you want a big dorky dickhead who woofs loud and scares off intruders that's your man. But definitely requires at least daily walks.
>>
>>2217216
>Eu laws force all...

You just make shit up as you go, huh?
>>
>>2217195
neither does the dog.
>>
>>2217296
It's a deterrent. If your dog isn't a trained protection dog, then at a minimum you're forcing a criminal to consider that he might get his ass bitten off if he attempts to enter said property.

It's stupid that Europeans mostly aren't aloud to just keep a gun on their nightstand or something. I take that for granted sometimes.
>>
File: Caucasian-Shepherd-Guard-Dog1.jpg (72KB, 495x415px) Image search: [Google]
Caucasian-Shepherd-Guard-Dog1.jpg
72KB, 495x415px
Get one of these

I dare you
>>
>>2217320
They are basically bear dogs
>>
File: tumblr_ljof609Ub11qenyjio1_400.jpg (28KB, 400x449px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ljof609Ub11qenyjio1_400.jpg
28KB, 400x449px
>>
>>2217186
don't get a dog if you just want it to feel safe, you dip

Get a few Emus for your garden instead
they also keep the stupid cats out of your garden

where in europe do you live?
>>
A sign on the front Yard "Please clean the pool of blood before You leave - TRUMP2016"
>>
get a fucking gun you retard. or at least a non lethal weapon. Tasers, etc.
>>
>>2217186
Security cameras in plain view, automatic motion detecting exterior lights, and alarm stickers on your windows will help. You could put a bewate of dog sign up (without the dog). All of these are deterrents. Unless your house is really nice and thieves think there's a big payoff in trying, they will more likely just move on to another place without obvious security. Most home invaders are lazy. Doors all locked, stuff that at least indicates possible presence of security measures = nope, most of the time.
>>
>>2217340
Kekk
>>
>>2217202
kek
>>
theives are generally scared of any dog

doesn't have to be mean but big and dark colours help

i had a big friendly black shepherd/lab cross that kept undesirables away
>>
>>2217667
I was jogging with my 60 lb golden retriever mix and ran past a group of construction guys. On my way back one of them shouted "aye yo, that a pitbull?"

Almost any dog over 50 lb is a deterrent to someone dumb enough to rob someone in the ghetto
>>
Don't get a dog solely if all you want is a guard dog, especially if you're an inexperienced dog owner. Actual guard dogs are professionally trained and are very expensive. Dogs are a big commitment and can give a lot, but you need to meet them halfway. I felt much safer with my dog and he acted as a deterrent from being approached late at night. He was a big guy, but he was solely a companion.

If the appearance of a deterrent is what you want, mastiffs or bullies are good. German shepherds, Rotties. Lots of mutts in shelters that can do with a good home. But I'd advise against getting a dog solely as a deterrent for intruders.

Go to a shelter or look for a reputable breeder, alternatively listen to this anon ->>2217649
>>
>>2217667
This, my chocolate lab was huge. Friendliest, big dopey dog you could imagine but he deterred people from approaching me even during daylight hours. He was mistaken for a pit bull a few times when I was walking him at night. Man, I miss him.

Any big dog would work I'd imagine.
>>
>>2217667
>Walking black lab/malinois mutt.
>>MOMMA LOOK A WOLF.
It'd have been cute, but even older people believed it, what the fuck. I even had some guy in his 50s yelling at me he'd call animal control to have my dangerous illegal wolf taken away and killed because she went to sniff him.
>>
>>2217674
For you
>>
>>2217841
kek, I brought that on myself
>>
>I want a dog just to protect my home

For everything that is good and beautiful in the world DO NOT GET A DOG
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.