[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm currently in the process of figuring everything out

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (29KB, 535x275px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29KB, 535x275px
I'm currently in the process of figuring everything out before I get my first dog, and I'm wondering if there are some good toys that will wear him out when I'm not able to take him for walks. He's going to be quite large.
>>
>>2215330
>if there are some good toys that will wear him out
Nope. You gotta walk and play with him to wear him out. He's not gonna wear himself out, you stupid mobilefag.

Get a low-energy dog like a pug or something. But even then you have to exercise them a decent bit to prevent obesity, among other things like washing their face daily.
>>
>>2215335
I can exercise him plenty, just not EVERY day.

Plus, I'm totally an iPad fag, which is in a whole other league faggot.
>>
>>2215349
Training is a great way to exhaust your dog. A really good, 10 minute training session can go a long way exhausting him. Start with basic obedience, then work up to tricks. After that, you can play Simon Says, and challenge him to do as many back to back commands as possible.

Flirt poles are amazing too. They are basically a giant cat toy. You make your dog sit/down, and then give him the take it command and let him chase it. It is important you let him get the toy after a bit becausw that is a reward for him. After that, give him the drop it command and repeat. They are awesome for intense exercise in a small amount of time, and reinforcing obidence.

Puzzle toys are also super effective. Kongs are a life saver. Learn different ways to stuff one to give your dog challenges, but remember to work up. There are also tons of puzzle feeders too. These are things like wobble bowls and shaggy mats that force your dog to work for his meal. Most dogs love working for their meals, and find puzzle feeders a blast.

As a general rule, if you cannot exercise him, stimulating his mind is the next best thing.

And one last thing: you should aim to walk your dog every day, preferably twice a day. Walks are mental stimulation as much as they are exercise, so do your best to anticipate always one walk a day.
>>
>>2215349
Why can't you exercise him every day?
>>
>>2215393
Extremely useful post, thanks.

>>2215403
Everyone has times when they just can't be there for doggo.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.