[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it a bad idea to get a dog? When I was younger my family

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

Is it a bad idea to get a dog?

When I was younger my family had 2 dogs, i really like dogs in general, but I'm not sure if I can make a dog happy.

I work 7 hours a day (right exactly were i live, but i still can't be hanging out with a dog while working), then spend an hour or so in the gym and then other 3 hours working somewhere else, I also try to study atleast 1 hour a day.

I have a pretty big yard but I don't want to raise a dog and only play with it on weekends, what do you guys think?
>>
No, don't get a dog. 7 aways away ok sure some dogs are ok with it, especially old ones. But on top of your other hours you spend fuck no. Dont bother. You would have to change your schedule a lot to not rely on a dog being there just for when you think it's convenient. If you can't change then don't put that on them. Exceptions are with if you dont live alone(and you are not forcing responsibility on someone else) and/or can afford doggy daycare shit.
>>
>>2213815
Yeah, just what I thought

It's just that I'll be really lonely this year and I often see puppers abandoned on the side of the road. It's not like I know a lot about dogs though, I'll probably be a bad owner.

Should I get a low manteniance pet? like a fish or something?
Can you pet fish?
>>
>>2213940
Do you work from home? What do you mean when you say you work where you live?
>>
>>2213941
I work/live here.

It's a health clinic in a small in the middle of nowhere mexican town.
I live in a small room in the right building, while the clinic itself is the bigger building.

Now that I see it from here I realize I have to keep the gates open on working hours when attending people, I don't want my dog to escape and keeping it in a room for 7 hours sounds like a terrible idea.
>>
File: MCSSA008303.jpg (30KB, 400x245px)
MCSSA008303.jpg
30KB, 400x245px
>>2213944
forgot pic
>>
>>2213944
That's too bad... being confined to one room would suck. On the other hand, you can probably take frequent breaks to walk it, which most dogs wouldn't get.

Honestly I think that an elderly dog would be okay, and would be much better for the dog than living on the streets.
>>
>>2213947
Never thought of that, but, is it true that old dogs can't be trained?
>>
>>2213966
Of course it's not true. It's just harder since sometimes they need to unlearn bad habits and they were poorly trained to begin with. Personally I think you should go for it if you can find a calm dog and be willing to arrange your schedule so you can give him walkies.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.