[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Been having a racoon problem recently, it's killed a few

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: download.jpg (10KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
10KB, 259x194px
Been having a racoon problem recently, it's killed a few of my chickens. I already have a trap and the bait I've used so far hasn't got anything.

You guys know of anything they can't resist?
>>
Live Chickens
>>
>>2211792
/thread
>>
A can of sardines or fresh fish.
>>
Antifreeze in water or food
>>
Morals aside, the most effective solution would just be to make your coop secure.
>>
Zip-tie or wire a chicken leg to a fence post, small tree trunk, or the like. At the bottom of the post that you secured the bait to place a foot trap. The furry little fuck head will spend so much time trying to free the bait he'll inevitably step in the foot trap and be fucked. Pop him in the head with a .22 round once he's trapped, cut it open, drop the entrails out & wear its carcass on your head to ward off future raccoons.
>>
they love cat food, buy a trap and bait with a bowl of cat food.
>>
If your chickens are in a coop at night, the problem is with your coop. If a raccoon can get in, so can other predators. Removing one problem 'coon won't keep your chickens safe. But fixing your coop will.
>>
Get a fucking watch dog you idiot.
>>
File: Dole-Fruit-Cup.jpg (63KB, 480x305px) Image search: [Google]
Dole-Fruit-Cup.jpg
63KB, 480x305px
>>2211776
I have a muskrat problem, so two months ago I put out live traps with fruit cups. Cheap kid lunch fruit cups. Caught five raccoons in a row. No muskrats. No choice but to shoot the muskrats.

Fruit cups.
>>
>>2212570
Invest in minks.
>>
>>2211776
How sure are you about it being a raccoon? It is possible, but not all too likely. Raccoons are one of the least predatory mesocarnivores.
>>
>>2211776
>How sure are you about it being a raccoon? It is possible, but not all too likely. Raccoons are one of the least predatory mesocarnivores.

Good point. It's more likely a fox.
>>
>>2211776
>Caught five raccoons in a row.
>Fruit cups.

Pro tip. Thanks!
>>
>>2211776
>You guys know of anything they can't resist?
Bullets
>>
>>2212623
I saw it one night with one of my birds, ran off before I could shoot the little bastard. Also had a small problem with opossums but they almost never run so I just whack em with a shovel.

>>2212869
Nah my chickens are free roam so the roost up in a tree
>>
>>2213159
>Nah my chickens are free roam so the roost up in a tree
No martens where you live? Owls?
>>
>>2213159
You are stupid and a lazy chicken keeper. Get a coop, get the chickens inside and stop shooting animals.
>>
>>2211776
jiffys peanut butter. slather it. the racokns will not resist.
>>
>>2213159

>guys I don't bother to actually protect my chickens at night. What can I do to stop nature from running its course?

>Aside from cooping them like a responsible owner, that is.
>>
>>2213436
>>2213366
I agree with these sentiments.
>>
>>2213159
>possums

Fucking how? an adult possum cant even fight a kitten. How did one manage to kill your chickens?
>>
>>2213469
I dislike you for being a tripfag, but you are right here. Possum is far below raccoon when it comes to predatory'ness'.
>>
>>2213366
>>2213436
I've had the birds for over six years now, never really had a problem with predators until now

But I guess I can make a coop and put them up at night, and let them roam during the day.still going to kill that racoonproblem for being a little cunt
>>2213536
possums never actually eat the girls though, just kills them to get to the eggs they lay on
>>
>>2213585
Fucking
How
I've seen skunks beat them up without even spraying them.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.