[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My grandmother recently gave my golden retriever puppy (1 year

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: hoGbGfy.jpg (540KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
hoGbGfy.jpg
540KB, 2000x2000px
My grandmother recently gave my golden retriever puppy (1 year old) a huge bone she bought from the store and when I try taking it away from him he growled at me and almost snapped

How do I keep my dog from getting aggressive? He normal is calm and playful

>Pic unrelated
>>
>>2211651
Shock collar
Unless you do something he'll just get worse.
>>
>>2211654
That's not the right way to deal with resource guarding and it could make it much worse.
>>
>>2211651
Google resource guarding in adult dogs. There's also stuff on YouTube if you need something visual.
>>
>>2211666
Says who? The retarded positive trainer you watch on YouTube who could never help rehabilitate an aggressive dog?

Go with the shock collar, OP.
>>
>>2211671
As bad as they are, you're being just as bad for blindly suggesting that he use a shock collar with no guidance or even the suggestion to do his research before he employs it as a training method.

There are probably better methods that should be tried before resorting to a shock collar.
>>
>>2211671
Plus you shouldn't get a cheapo depot one either if you plan on using one, and OP might be dead broke
>>
>>2211701
>As bad as they are
I just discarded the rest of your post. You are a fucking idiot for calling shock collars "bad". They are an effective and strong training tool
>>
>>2211705
I was calling positive trainers bad you fucking mong.

I'm not disagreeing, but there are plenty of things you should take into consideration before using it. You shouldn't just throw out "USE A SHOCK COLLAR OP, THAT'LL FIX IT" just like you shouldn't suggest throwing treats at a dog to fix aggression.
>>
File: th2WXQ2GCH.jpg (13KB, 300x206px) Image search: [Google]
th2WXQ2GCH.jpg
13KB, 300x206px
Put a bullet in it before it bites a kid. You'll be doing it a favor anyway, saving it from dying slowly from the cancer it'll inevitably get.

Or, slam it to the ground by the neck when it snaps at you. Allow growling, growling is good, but biting is bad. Hold it down by the throat until it submits. Breeders probably didn't keep it with it's mom and litter mates long enough to learn bite inhibition. You need to show it in doggy terms why it's not okay not to share. That's done by screaming and pinning it to the ground by the neck.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.