[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT we post videos of dog attack and discuss who is at fault

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 146
Thread images: 17

File: hurz.jpg (78KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
hurz.jpg
78KB, 1280x720px
ITT we post videos of dog attack and discuss who is at fault for the attack.

I'll start: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gp6pIV2WjRk

imho the bicycle guy is clearly at fault, for squealing like a pig and waving his bike around aggressively.

the farmer even says
>next time just ride through calmly, dont scream
>>
File: image.jpg (38KB, 575x323px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38KB, 575x323px
>owner justifies having 25 dogs with "we just need them"

I know he has a farm or whatever, but cmon
>>
No one was even attacked
>>
pack of (wild) dogs dangerous by default.
>i saved your life
since when does a shepherd need so many dogs?

even though the farmer says just ride through next time they should not expect everyone to know how to deal with that situation.
>>
File: tmp-cam--132433831.jpg (166KB, 482x640px) Image search: [Google]
tmp-cam--132433831.jpg
166KB, 482x640px
>>2210673
>>2210679
With that many dogs i can only assume he let them eat the passerby once a while.
>>
>>2210673
"If I stayed quiet they would have eaten me"

That guy was retarded. If the dogs wanted to attack he would have been in pretty bad shape.
>>
>>2210701
lel
>>
>>2210673
Yeah he shouldn't have screamed at them, just passed on through, but I guess that's just a normal defensive reaction to have when THAT many dogs are coming at you
>>
File: 1471044236650.jpg (85KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1471044236650.jpg
85KB, 640x640px
>>2210681
>dont worry, he just wants to play!
the line between play and attack is blurry
https://youtu.be/E5ZAN7oYiTY
>>
>>2210673
That happened to me once when I was in the woods, a dozen dogs attacked me. They were everywhere, and one of them even bit me in the ankle (thankfully I had boots). That's when I began to kick everyone of them that got too close until I had an opening to run away. They weren't that big though, they were little scrawny stray dogs. Fuck farmers for letting their dogs roam free all the time, they kill my parents' cats all the time.
>>
>>2210836
So it's okay for your parents to let their shitty cats roam free but not the dogs? I'm glad they're killing your parents' cats. Maybe after enough dead cats they'll finally learn.
>>
>>2210849
Well, my parents' cats are outside because there is a plentiful amount of forest around the house and it's physically impossible for them to escape. The problem is that the neighbors' dogs are allowed to roam free on my parent's property and are most likely killing way more wildlife (and family pets for that matter) than my parents' cats.
But I'd like to discuss it a bit further, because my parents' example is one of the cases where the fact that free-roaming cats don't do much harm.
>>
So have the new AHD guy sent out any invites? What about the AB recruiter?
>>
>>2210882
Your cats are allowed to roam on their property. That's as bad dogs roaming on their property. And I guarantee you your shitty cats kill more wildlife.
>>
>>2210789
He has one of those dogs on a leash at the beginning of the video. It's paler and lighter in build and wearing a collar, but it still joins in on the attack on what may well be its owner.

Food for thought.
>>
File: zerg-swarm1.png (845KB, 639x480px) Image search: [Google]
zerg-swarm1.png
845KB, 639x480px
>>2210673

unless those dogs are there to swarm bikers, they should be doing something else besides swarming bikers.

Also, do they get attacked by mountain lions daily? (loleurope having any wildlife) why do they need that many dogs? I think maybe to eat bikers and chopshop the remains.
>>
>>2210673

After I killed a few of the dogs I'd tell him to train the rest not to attack people.
>>
>>2210673
literally none of those dogs was acting aggressively

this makes me lol, what a ding dong
>>
>>2210757
>just passed on through
I don't see how he was supposed to accomplish that
>>
>>2210673
those dogs weren't even aggressive and the cyclist was screaming like a tard over nothing
>>
>>2210705
To be fair, it's not uncommon for an otherwise friendly dog to be seriously triggered by a bike. To them it's this scary weird machine with some strange person on top. One may have gone after him if it was scared or the bike got too close. And with 25 dogs, the second you are on the ground it is game over. Without knowing the dogs, and with their being more than 4, I honestly would have 360° noped out of there. I'm surprised it didn't turn out much worse

>>2210789
Those dogs honestly look like they are playing. Loose body, nobody is stiff, wagging tails, play bowing, and they aren't actually biting like an attack. It looks like they are play biting and playing and ripping his clothes. Not that that still isn't very bad, especially with a large dog and especially multiple dogs. Funnily enough, the rottie got stiffer and much more intense after the man with the stick came, and after that you see the first real hard bite on the man, followed by the first shaking of skin and not shirt or pants. The stick dude actually made matters worse by raising tension. The man looked very frail, if I were stick man I would have helped walk frail man away and just continue to brush the dogs off as long as they were still being a rude playful.

>>2210882
Anon has a point; you receive what you give. Your parents let their cats free roam, their neighbors let their dogs free roam.

>>2211274
>>2211280
The only problem with that is dogs are coming from all directions. You can asses every dog when some are coming from behind and the left and the right. Also with 20 dogs, you can't continue to read every single reaction. Most of those dogs looked like they were suspicious to me. In a pack like that, it really only takes one dog to get too suspicious to get all of them to follow suit.
>>
>>2211324
>>2211274
>>2211280
They may have been wagging their tails, but they were all for the most part staring him down if they weren't changing position. A few dogs were very stiff. All of them stayed fairly far away, showing that they did not trust him. The play bow wasn't too reassuring because they would bounce back and then lunge a bit forward; this is often referred to as a 'prey' bow Because the dog is looking to go after something. It's rare to see in dogs because it's usually only observed in packs, but you can see packs of hounds do it when they corner an animal and I believe that's what we are seeing here
>>
>>2210673
so where is the fucking "attack"?

all I see is a fucking idiot going full retard when a bunch of dogs start barking at him
>>
>>2210673
I've seen dogs sperg out at bikes and all it would take is one dog or two and then you have 25 dogs sperging out and you could fall onto ground.
You people are so condescending with your hindsight, I'd like to see how calm you are if you had 25 dogs surrounding you with no one around.
>>
>>2210679
>>2210694
Some sort of drug operation probably.
>>
File: dog_v_kitty.webm (549KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
dog_v_kitty.webm
549KB, 1280x720px
>>2210681
>>2211331
nobody is stopping you from posting attack videos. Get into the spirit of the thread
>>
>duuur dogs are triggered by bikes
>not aggressive
Once I was walking through a suburban neighborhood when a pack just like this rushed out from a nearby nursery and acted the same way. I was scared as piss. Luckily I stayed calm and just kept walking but they could have easily killed me if they wanted. Is this some kind of mentally ill dog hoarding behavior or what?
>>
>>2211493
sounds scary
would it help to use a bear spray in such a situation?
>>
>>2210673

those guys are fucking crazy and should not be allowed to own pets. i really hope the guy fucking sued.
>>
>>2211493

Something similar happened to me. While riding my bike around the countryside, something I do semi-regularly, out of nowhere a cadre of 4 medium-sized dogs rushed me and chased me down the hill. Never seen them before.

Turns out some had moved in to a farm along the way and didn't think they needed to tie or fence in their animals because it was the country. I hate how so many dog owners think it's every one else's job to deal with their animals. If you walk down the road and it barks and tugs at their leash to get you, it's your fault.
>>
>>2211324
>>2210849

not that guy, but you two are fucking retarded

letting your cat roam free is bad, for the wildlife

you cannot complain that your cat gets killed if you let it roam, it coulda gotten killed by a fox, too

but letting 5 or 6 dogs roam free is MUCH WORSE. dogs ca kill a fucking child, maybe a grown man or woman, too, depending on the situation. how is it even comparable you niggers?

letting your pussy roam in the woods is NOT THE SAME THING as letting your pitbull roam free.
>>
>>2211430

that little cat is brave as fuck holy shit

also the way she jumps to attack is fucking amazing. it looks like choreography in a fucking martial arts movie.
>>
>>2211523

I was going to say that but it's so obvious that there's some cognitive dissonance going on for them to say it to begin with. Waste of time.
>>
>>2211523
Apparently you're retarded because I said nothing to that affect. I understand you're upset and deflecting but please read and comprehend before posting.

>Another pitbull anon
Oh boy.
>>
>>2211520
Sued for what? Having a few dogs bark at him? they didn't attack.
>>
>>2211527

>your parents let their cats roam
>their neighbors let dogs roam

You said exactly that responding to an anon that equated the two. If that's not what you meant, admit you worded it poorly instead of complaining about the comprehension of others.
>>
>>2211527
>

sorry if i misquoted you.

there were a lot of people ITT who were just saying stuff along the lines of

"What a fucking pussy, if he was just quiet he coulda gone through"

"no need to sperg out, the dogs weren't even aggressive...."

so just consider my answer as an answer to everyone itt thinking there is no problem with letting your dogs roam, not an answer to you specifically
>>
>>2211533
Anon says I'm belittling the problem, when literally all I said was you get what you give. I didn't say anything about either being better or worse. All of that was projection

>>2211534
I agree, letting one dog roam is bad. Letting a fucking pack roam is insane
>>
This is the most autistic thread I've witnessed. It doesn't really matter if the dogs were going to kill him or not. We're living in a society and all of the population cannot be fucking dog experts so they can calculate every dog situation. Dogs should always be leashed if it's on public land (which the road was). Respect people, respect people that can be afraid or even terrified of loose dogs. One day your unleashed dog can get killed to death by a strong kick if they run towards a person who is terrified of dogs and is still able to control his body. Like kick the dog in the head. It has happened to one of my friends.
>>
File: doggos_just_wanna_have_fun.webm (1MB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
doggos_just_wanna_have_fun.webm
1MB, 960x720px
>>2211540
>letting one dog roam is bad. Letting a fucking pack roam is insane
so basically dogs have to be kept as prisoners without them having the ability to ever socialize beyond sniffing another dog's butt for 10 seconds during their toilet break?

and all that just because faggots like you shit themselves at the sight of a few dogs?
>>
File: dinner_time.webm (2MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
dinner_time.webm
2MB, 480x360px
>>2211523
>dogs ca kill a fucking child, maybe a grown man or woman, too
yes, and the law should be that the owner is completely responsible. that should make sure only well behaved dogs roam around freely.

but of course even a well behaved dog will start attacking you if you screaming like a 7 year old girl who just found a brown recluse in her vagina
>>
File: doggos_v_snek.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
doggos_v_snek.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>2211493
>Is this some kind of mentally ill dog hoarding behavior or what?
pretty sure it comes from hunting behaviour.
which is why it's critical to not start acting as if you were prey
>>
File: whitey.jpg (46KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
whitey.jpg
46KB, 960x960px
>>2211741
oh wait, you were talking about the owners.
I have an aunt (who is manic depressive) who has 7 dogs that all piss inside her apartment and are completely untrained in any respect.
not sure if she lets them roam free, tho
>>
>>2211324
Get a slingshot or a b b gun. Shoot at the dogs whenever they step foot on your property. Request the neighbors build a fence if they do not keep their animals on their property.
It took my neighbor's dog no time at all to discover that walking into my backyard equaled a painful barrage of metal bbs into its butt.
>>
>>2211716

>but of course even a well behaved dog will start attacking you if you screaming like a 7 year old girl who just found a brown recluse in her vagina

Then it wasn't a very well-behaved dog, was it?
>>
I feel like no matter what happened people on /an/ will find way to blame person and not dog.
The minute twitch of tale tells them dog was merely playing and person should have clearly seen this.
>>
>>2211493
Same happened to me while I was out walking. Three dogs (a German Shepard, boxer, and another large dog) all ran up to me while barking aggressively. I just kept calm, looked straight ahead, and kept walking in the same direction. Eventually they stopped following and walked away. Damn German Shepard got so close that it stepped on my shoe and pushed the heel inward.
>>
>>2211564
Welcome to /an/.

This place used to have responsible and knowledgable regulars here, but now it's actually just an anonymous animal Facebook group.
>>
>>2211869

some of us are just so tired of dog cat threads that we don't participate much in those threads. this is the place for them, though. I have a dog myself but don't post her at all here.

I like the ID threads. Blurry as fuck "please ID this" threads are very entertaining. I love ID threads because you see new stuff and learn new things sometimes when tracking them down.

On the other side, PETA threads can fuck right off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6PjQQtE9tM
>>
>>2211564
the thing is we also are living on a planet that has animals on it, and sometimes they do animal things

knowing what to and not to do during a chance encounter with said animals is just good sense

you can't victim blame if there's no victim
>>
>>2211493

They looked like livestock guardian dogs. Usually farmers let them roam where the livestock is grazing to chase off/alert the shepherds of predators or people who get too close to the livestock. They work in packs, though this would be the largest one I've ever seen.
>>
>>2211923
Wildlife =/= dogs
It's a totally different situation if you meet a bear in the woods or if you get attacked by somebodys pet. If you roam in the wild then wildlife can attack, that's life. HOWEVER if you roam in public then dogs shouldn't attack because dogs should be leashed, PARTICULARLY if the dogs are not trained to contain themselves. It's immoral and irresponsible and pet owners who have unleashed dogs that "ambus" people shouldn't be allowed to have them. It's like saying "we're living in a world with weapons therefore people should accept when I shoot in the air with my glock when I walk by people"
>>
>>2211520
This desu. He states its a public road. What if a child had rode through and naturally got scared? Its a liability waiting to happen.

Fuck em
>>
>>2211010
>cat roams on my property.
>someone else's dogsroam on my property.

See the issue here or is your downs getting in the way?
>>
>>2212473
If you think your cat stays exclusively on your property you're a fucking retard. Cats don't understand property lines.
>>
Most domestic dogs won't have the courage to attack a human that shows no fear of it, and even bite trained dogs usually have to undergo special training to attack a human that's not wearing the bite suit or sleeve used in training.

If you find yourself being confronted by dogs, do the following:
1. DON'T RUN. Dogs have something called "prey drive", which means they enjoy chasing shit, and by running you will trigger this.
2. Stand up tall and make yourself look bigger.
3.. Look the fuckers in the eye to show that you aren't afraid of the little fuckers.
4. If faced with more than one, look for the dominant one, and focus on it, while not allowing any of them to get behind you.
5. Slowly back out of the area, but never turn you back on them.
6. If you have a hat, a belt, or anything you can put in your hand, do it, and wave it at the fuckers if they look like they're going to bite. They usually bite the first thing they can reach.
7. If you need to hit the fuckers, focus on hitting them in the spine, in between the shoulders, or in the throat, and hit them as hard as you can.
8. If they latch on to your arm or leg, try to jam the appendage as far back in their mouth as possible.

Lastly, always carry a weapon. Be it a knife or gun, I never leave the house without some steel I can use to deal with 4, or 2 legged critters.
>>
>>2213001
>4. If faced with more than one, look for the dominant one, and focus on it, while not allowing any of them to get behind you.
How do you do this when there's 25 fucking dogs? Or even 5+
>>
>>2211802
Can you actually read?
>>
>>2213001
lots of misinfo in that list imho

>2. Stand up tall and make yourself look bigger.
>3.. Look the fuckers in the eye to show that you aren't afraid of the little fuckers.
anyone who doesnt know about dogs reading this, DO NOT DO THIS. dominance displays will most likely increase your chances of getting bitten
>>
>>2213111
>anyone who doesnt know about dogs reading this,

Doesn't realize that the overwhelming majority of pet dogs are pussies. Even the pit bulls. Most of the dog bites on humans take place because of fear bites when the dog can't escape, or because the human demonstrates signs of fear and submissiveness that embolden the dog, or they do stupid shit like run away.

That's why you need to stand up to the fuckers and look them in the eye, as that demonstrates to the dog/s that you are NOT afraid, nor submissive, and by doing so, will be LESS likely to get bit.

Cases in point..
Dude vs. multiple dogs including "scary" pit bulls.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyXxN0hHtww

Dude vs. a couple of "scary" german shepherds
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s09Ql3Z_wYY
Now fuck off back to petsmart, dipshit.
>>
>>2213740
But wouldn't that just make a scared dog more frightened?
>>
>>2213740
Do you have any legitimate evidence for this?
>>
>>2213749
>>2213753

Of course he doesn't. He's just your typical piece of shit "my dog is everyone else's responsibility" shit stain.
>>
>>2211741
>letting your dogs near a fucking king cobra

Owner deserves to be shot.
>>
>>2213791
what do you expect from some pajeets?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_A2nszFPm4

Definitely the pitbulls fault in this situation. Fuck this nigger dog when can make them go extinct.

>lady just sitting there
>no warning at all and the dog just latches onto her face for no reason.

If it was the little kid he would be dead.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0c1jFmYnzCk

Here is a whole compilation of this nigger dog breed viciously attacking people with no warning. Look at the dogs body language they look like they are smiling while attacking absolutely no sign of aggression. you wouldn't even know before its too late.
>>
>>2213803

this is why everyone should have a handgun
>>
>>2210673
You literally can't not get afraid after seeing a bunch of dogs.

Once I was jogging pretty early (It was still dark) and crossed a road with about 4 dogs, suddenly started to bark and follow me. I was afraid DESU, i've seen lots of dogs attacks. Either way, I acted pretty retarded and stopped, got closer to the dogs (trying to scare them or whatever, i don't know) and they backed up, I was lucky those dogs were fags.
>>
>>2213111
Not sure about this.

I've seen lots of stray dogs wanting to literally fuck the beta dog even though the other doesnt wants to.
>>
>>2213749
No. Scared dogs will choose escape over confrontation, and unless you corner it and give it no other option, it will choose escape rather than face a confident human.

>>2213753
You mean besides the videos I posted? If you don't believe me, ask a competent protection dog decoy, and they'll tell you the same thing.

>>2213776
Petsmart.
Go.
>>
The human is at fault. Always.

Dogs aren't smart enough for complex thought. You wouldn't ascribe guilt to a machine. An hydraulic press isn't guilty of murder when a worker falls under the hammer. Animals are organic machines incapable of guilt. It is always the owner or the person who is attacked who is at fault.
>>
>>2213932
some animals are just dicks, anon.
>>
>>2213911

>ask for proof
>proof nothing
>hurr petsmart

You are clueless and dumb.
>>
>>2213932

>owner

That's who people are saying is at fault, anon.

No one is blaming the dogs.
>>
File: You.gif (837KB, 384x269px) Image search: [Google]
You.gif
837KB, 384x269px
>>2213948
>>
>>2213948
>hurr petsmart
I dont even understand what this means. Is petsmart a pet store in the US?
is this his autistic way of calling others shills?

>>2213911
>No. Scared dogs will choose escape over confrontation, and unless you corner it and give it no other option, it will choose escape rather than face a confident human.
a scared dog wont run up to you. we are talking about dogs in the playful / exited maybe even aggressive range.
and with those dogs, staring them down may just escalate the situation.

your post applied to avoiding confrontations with niggers would sound like this:
>when a violent nigger approaches you, puff your chest up, stare him down and call him a nigger to his face so the fucker knows you're not afraid of him
it is obvious when applied to humans that this kind of dominance-challenge might escalate the situation and is simply stupid. why you expect this to be magically different for dogs is beyond me.
>>
http://youtu.be/jI9VDlwWF0Q

I think it was the dog's fault.
>>
>>2214144
>motorcycle fag driving in the middle of the road
all people owning a motorcycle need to be castrated, fucked back into their whore mothers and aborted
>>
>>2214144
Owner fault for letting the dog roam free and not teaching it to only cross the road with the owner
>>
>>2214144
>drives on yellow lines
>whose is that fucking dog
>hurr fuck that dog
>durr
literally nothing would have happened had they not driven in the middle of the street. Im sad none of them died
>>
>>2214179
>assuming the dog had an owner

Unless it was in a shit tier country, that dog was probably just a stray.
>>
>>2210679
He lives in the Greek countryside, he has 25 dogs so when the "refugees" come by he doesn't get culturally enriched.
>>
>>2214146
Did a biker slap your ass or something?
>>
>>2214308
>>2214146
>middle of the road
Are you retarded? He's still on the right side of the road and keeping a staggered distance with the guy in front of him. That's safe driving.

It wouldn't have mattered if he had been in the middle of the road or not. Dog is dumb as fuck and completely at fault for jumping onto the road.
>>
File: biker_fairies_gettin_rekt.webm (759KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
biker_fairies_gettin_rekt.webm
759KB, 1280x720px
>>2214359
>right side of the road
>safe driving
this is what homosexual motorcycle enthusiasts actually believe
>>
>>2214094

Petsmart is a store chain that sells overpriced pet food and shit. If you know wal-mart you know pet smart.

The poster is attempting to deride the opinion of the other posters by comparing them to the "experts" that work there and give out crappy advice.
>>
>>2213800
Dogs like that need to be put to sleep immediately. Rehoming them just increases future risk.
>>
>>2214369
as someone who's been riding bikes for over 10 years, you always ride staggered on single lanes. not sure how the third guy fell, but the one directly after the doggo panicked and locked up the front. a bike under controlled braking will stop faster than one relying on the friction from metal on asphalt every single time. the idea is to give you more reaction time and room to maneuver should the guy ahead of you crash.

also, riding in the middle of the lane is legal in many places and i do it every single day. when salty fags like you get butthurt about it i lag back, speed up and smash the shit out of their side mirror as i pass.
>>
>>2214468
I don't have a problem with motorcycle fags, but people like you are the reason nobody likes them.
>>
>>2214475
if you do something unsafe that puts my life in danger (which is the only predicate for that kind of action) i'm going to let you know about it. that includes moving closer to the center divider when i'm splitting, as lots of people do to try to block me access. if you do that i'm more than happy to just punch through and take your mirror with me.

if you dealt with half of the shit motorcyclists deal with on a daily commute, you'd do the same thing.
>>
>>2214484
>if you do something unsafe that puts my life in danger
Says the guy on a motorcycle, lel.
>>
File: Clipboard01.jpg (16KB, 339x356px) Image search: [Google]
Clipboard01.jpg
16KB, 339x356px
>>2211430

how she attacks and then retreats, if he would come back to the kitten she would have attacked him again.
i fucking love cats.
>>
>>2214484
If you were worried about your safety you wouldn't be driving in the middle. A motorcyclist, of all people, should know that you can't depend on other people's driving abilities. Particularly when it comes to your life.

I guess you're just not very smart.
>>
>>2214491
the biggest safety hazard on a motorcycle is inattentive motorists once you've past the initial learning curve of actually controlling your vehicle. so yes, if you're on your cel phone or are the kind of vindictive cunt who doesn't like the fact that you have to wait and i don't and act on it, i'm going to fuck your car up because there's absolutely no way you'll ever catch me or learn otherwise.
>>
>>2214497
>A motorcyclist, of all people, should know that you can't depend on other people's driving abilities.
of course, and you make huge, enormous concessions for it to the point where your focus is on basically nothing other than predicting and mitigating the ability and propensity of other motorists to be complete, fucking idiots. they drive on their phones, they do their makeup, they're eating mcdonald's, reading the fucking news. think of it like a ticket from a policeman. we don't go around fucking peoples' shit up willy nilly. you have to have fucked up in some way. don't want your shit smashed? pay the fuck attention, you mongoloids.
>>
>>2214515
Don't want to get run over? Don't assume people won't merge into you.

My bet is that no one will mourn when you die in a motorcycle accident. They'll be like "man, he had it coming" lmao
>>
>>2214518
if i were going to die riding a bike i would have died a long time ago. i'm the safest, most defensive rider i know. you must think that i'm somehow reckless or aggressive. the vast majority of what i do falls within the letter or spirit of the law. some extra-legal speeds to get out ahead of inattentive drivers, but cops around my city respect the need for motorcyclists to stay away from roving gangs of motorized retards and permit a couple mph over the flow of traffic.

but like i said, you never assume people won't merge into you. people are erratic and retarded though and sometimes you're forced into situations where you are more at the mercy of other motorists than you would like. sometimes inattention just happens, and when it does someone drives home without a mirror.
>>
>>2214518
Motorcyclists are kinda like outside cats in that.
>>
File: 1473315677725.jpg (11KB, 300x299px) Image search: [Google]
1473315677725.jpg
11KB, 300x299px
>>2214530
>if i were going to die riding a bike i would have died a long time ago
this logic is retarded
>>
>>2214532
This

>>2214534
And this

I guess it's just natural selection.
>>
>>2214534
not really, it's backed up by statistics. the chance of me dying on a motorcycle at this point is incredibly slim compared to the risks involved when i was still learning. you can admit you don't really get it and i can try to explain it for you in a way you understand, it's alright.
>>2214539
i laugh anyone tries to pull this. ask my two sons how natural selection worked for them.
>>
>>2214546
Well, your two sons were brought up by an idiot, so it's probably not too late. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.
>>
>>2214549
you're right, it doesn't. they've got good genetics and will grow up to be confident, have good jobs, and make good money.
>>
>>2214559
>having to self-validate this hard

I bet they won't even live to have kids
>>
>>2214564
desu, I bet these kids don't even exist.
>>
/an/ you are the easiest fucking board to bait. i've never ridden a motorcycle in my life, don't have any kids and just turned 18 last month. holy fucking shit
>>
>>2214575
It's /an/ fault, the autism from /dbt/ can trigger any board.
>>
>>2213800
>>2214452

Seems to me like the dog was protecting the kids.

When that lady started to make those high pitched noises, and thrashing about, she stood up and was right in front of that little kid, and that's when the dog hit her.

Failure to establish pack structure can lead to a dog being possessive and protective of children, because the owners never establish themselves as the leaders and protectors, so the dog fills the role. That's just how dogs are wired, and some are more willing to assume those roles than others.
>>
>>2215100
>That's just how dogs are wired
Source? I believe muh pack leader theory has no basis in science.
>>
>>2215100
No. Shoot it.
>>
>>2213800
Well, she wasn't just sitting there. She was basically screeching. It's not so much the dogs fault, as it is the owners fault for not understanding that animals can be unpredictable. The dog probably thought she was a threat to the children, or a threat to the dog itself.
>>
>>2215139
>literally can't move or make noise near dog
wew lad
>>
>>2215100
>>2215139
So what you're telling me is that this animal is violent and unpredictable around normal human behavior?
>>
>>2215146
Orrrr if you plan on screeching or being frantic keep the dog on a leash? It's not that difficult.
>>
>>2215148
All dogs are unpredictable. Even cats are unpredictable, they just can't cause as much damage as a large dog.

And if screeching like a ghoul is "normal human behavior" for you I feel sorry for you
>>
>>2213800
>>2213800
I remember a time when /an/ would be able to break this video down and in detail explain why it happened the way it did. Now the collective userbase doesn't have enough brain cells to rub together to form a coherent thought.
>>
>>2215139
thank god she didnt get bit by a bug or something, then have the dog attack you

what a useful creature....

Funny enough, i had a dog that would freak out when we were on the swing set, like it was attacking us or something.
It was tolerable, because it was a tiny dog, it was hilarious.
A killer dog on the other hand...
>>
>>2215150
exactly.

I have a dog for protection. The kids would spray eachother with a hose, and yell, and the dog of course attacks them and makes them bleed.
Its their own fault, really.
>>
>>2215123
You're wrong.

Dr. Stanley Coren discussing the expression of dominant and submissive communication in dogs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqGMCyoG4iA

Dr. Ian Dunbar discussing the establishment of social hierarchy among dogs based on age and physical dominance, including the impact such hierarchies have on control of resources, and the ability to correct lower status members for behavioral infractions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dcdpl4H2glo

>>2215148
Yes, but not just that particular animal.

Each dog is unique, but there are some breed specific characteristics that exist in dogs, and without pack structure and obedience training, these characteristics can express themselves when humans inadvertently trigger their behaviors. Pits were bred to like people, but dislike other animals, and this breed characteristic can lead to possessiveness of children in the home without proper training and leadership.

Dogs were born to either lead, or follow, and when owners fail to establish themselves as leaders, a lot of dogs assume that responsibility, resulting in behavioral issues like resource guarding kids, family members, territory, toys, and all other kinds of crazy shit.

This shit could have happened with pretty much any other dog...but it could also be an inbred dog with shitty genetics.
>>
>>2215230
http://content.time.com/time/health/article/0,8599,2007250,00.html
>>
Here's some video of idiot owners allowing their dogs to become protective of their children. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNUQre0_Y_o

Note the golden labs in the beginning that interdict when the mother fakes using a shoe to hit her kid. They bark, growl, and get in between the parent and the kid, and some stupid people think that's great and actually encourage it....until they do some stupid shit that triggers a bite, and then all the sudden the dog "attacked out of nowhere!!" despite the fact they ceded their leadership to the dog for possibly YEARS before they were finally bitten.
>>
>>2215234

I cite two Ph.D researchers, one of which, Dr. Dunbar, participated in a study that lasted for 30 years on dogs, and you use a Time article written by some nobody to try and refute them?

Nice try, but you fail.
>>
>>2215240
The article cites researchers dude.
>>
>>2211716
>yes, and the law should be that the owner is completely responsible. that should make sure only well behaved dogs roam around freely.
Yeah that's not gonna work.
Also 4 well behaved dogs allowed to roam around freely will become 4 badly behaved dogs very quickly, that's why dogs roaming around freely is a bad idea.
>gets attacked by four previously well behaved dogs
>thinks 'Well the owner is really in trouble now' as a big strip of skin leaves his face.
incredible
>>
File: 1446018081247.jpg (17KB, 398x379px) Image search: [Google]
1446018081247.jpg
17KB, 398x379px
>>2211716
>letting any dog roam around freely
>a dog that attacks people who make loud noises is well behaved
How'd you get so warped?
>>
>>2215242
And?

Dr. Dunbar and Dr. Beach demonstrated the following as a result of their 30 year study.

1. Dogs form social hierarchies by fighting as pups, and the most assertive, and dominant, dog achieves the highest rank, and has first access to all resources.
2. Subsequent litters are lower ranking then their elders.
3. The senior dog is ALWAYS a male dog, and all male dogs are higher in rank then bitches.
4. Older generations use the threat of violence to achieve dominance and make the younger generations submit through the use of dominant body language, vocalizations, and physical contact.
5. Lower ranking dogs show submissiveness to all higher ranking dogs.

This is pretty much the same in wolf packs.

The "no dominance / pack structure in dogs" meme is the pet version of "we wuz kingz in shit"...
>>
>>2215260
>This is pretty much the same in wolf packs.
Except Millen's research with wolfs was garbage and got debunked.
>>
>>2215260
You're misrepresenting their research and any similarity to wolf packs dates to research from the 40s which people realized had been done poorly.
Here is a better summary
http://dogtalk.com/Alpha%20This%20Alpha%20That.pdf
>>
>>2215230
dogs do not have pack structure. They're just groups of omegas. The human isn't the leader, just a strange looking symbiotic dog with a unique smell - most dogs won't constantly challenge you for "dominant" role like wolves actually would. Knock off with this bullshit.
There is no "born instinctual structure" you're just suddenly are unconsciously always aware of, especially in most dogs cases - they have no reference as puppies. Dogs are NOT wolves.
>>
>>2214144
>motorcyclists
biggest retards on the planet, they're asking to die horribly, 100% their fault, if they were in a car doggo would have simply been crush and they would have kept driving
>>
>>2210701
Yeah I saw the Youtube comment too, it was funny hey
>>
>>2211191
Mountain lions in greece.
alright.

(lolyankees having an education)
>>
>>2215160
No,'it's your fault for putting your kids in that situation. Take some responsibility
>>
>>2215263
Wrong.

Prolonged Intensive Dominance Behavior Between Gray Wolves, Canis Lupus L. DAVID MECH1,2 and H. DEAN CLUFF3

http://wolf.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/319prolongedintensivedominance.pdf

The first sentence from that paper:

>Dominance is one of the most pervasive and important behaviors among wolves in a pack...

EVERY study done on dogs and wolves demonstrates the following:

1. There is ALWAYS a social hierarchy.
2. There is ALWAYS a male at the top of that hierarchy.
3. That male has first access to all pack resources.
4. The rest of the pack is submissive to that dominant male.
5. Hierarchy is established by age, and / or aggressive and dominant behaviors displayed while fighting as a puppy in the litter.
>>
>>2215266
No, it's YOU, that "misrepresents" their research.

"wolf packs dates to research from the 40s which people realized had been done poorly.

>>2215266
See>>>>>>2215509

>>2215268
>dogs do not have pack structure.

Dr's Ian Dunbar and Frank Beach disagree, and their opinion was formed based on 30 years of research. However, they just confirmed what every breeder / kennel master / non-idiot knew already.
>>
>>2215516
It was nine year study.
>>
>>2215517
Dunbar was hired by Dr. Frank Beach as a grad student, and he caught the tail end of a study that lasted 30 years.

Dr. Frank Beach began the study at Yale around 46', then got a job offer at U.C. Berkeley and continued his research. His research focused on everything from sexual reproduction, to behavior, and social structures.
>>
>>2215509
>>Dominance is one of the most pervasive and important behaviors among wolves in a pack...
The citation is from 40s and a book which itself cites research from 40s.
>>
>>2215574
That paper was published in 2010 and that citation, or assertion, is NEVER challenged, and the recent findings in that paper CONFIRM the original hypothesis concerning the use of dominant behavior within the pack.

Why are you so desperate to dismiss dominance in dogs and wolves? Does it hurt your feelings that they "bully" each other or something? Maybe you just don't want to believe that people need to display leadership to their dogs?

The overwhelming majority of pet dog behavioral issues are caused by a failure to establish and enforce pack structure and leadership protocols in the home. This is largely due to the fact that most people are completely ignorant of canid social hierarchy, and people like you aren't helping by claiming it doesn't exist, despite all the documented evidence that supports it from researchers, breeders, trainers, hunters, and working dog handlers.

Dogs are born to be leaders or followers, and if the human owners aren't demonstrating that leadership by controlling resources in the home, correcting shitty behavior, and setting rules for the dog to live by, then the dog is likely to take it upon itself to assume a role of leadership. People need to know this and practice simple leadership protocols that allow the dog to know its place, as this can prevent thousands of dog attacks caused by dogs that think it's up to them to make corrections, provide protection, and to guard resources.
>>
>>2215601
>That paper was published in 2010
Yes but you used it as secondary source.
>the recent findings in that paper CONFIRM the original hypothesis concerning the use of dominant behavior within the pack.
It's a four page paper documenting a single instance of wolf behavior. It doesn't confirm anything, it is a case study.
>>
File: dog whisperer.gif (866KB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
dog whisperer.gif
866KB, 300x169px
>>2210673
>>
>>2215633
0wned
>>
>>2215619
>It's a four page paper documenting a single instance of wolf behavior.

No, it's a 4 page document corroborating the same behavioral observations that have taken place since the original Mech paper was published, and is yet another clear demonstration of how dominance impacts the social structure of wolves, and canids, alike.
>>
>>2211430
cats are masters of bluffing
>>
>>2213791
Lol would you try to stop them? Go pick up that snek big man.
Thread posts: 146
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.