[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so what can you do if your dog is being mauled by a pitbull

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 179
Thread images: 20

File: dog-attack.jpg (44KB, 700x508px) Image search: [Google]
dog-attack.jpg
44KB, 700x508px
so what can you do if your dog
is being mauled by a pitbull ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bg8Sw319J60
>>
I don't have a dog
>>
>>2210459

Kill it if possible
Hope it bit me so I could definitely get it destroyed
>>
>>2210459
Shoot it, bitch aint touching my property
>>
>>2210459
Kill the motherfucker, either with a CC or a nearby rock.
Pitbulls deserve to die.
>>
>>2210459
Isn't that a hound/retriever mix? It's all around not broad enough to be a bully breed.
>>
>dog actively mauling the shit out of something
>some dumb bitch yelling "don't kick the dog"
>>
>>2210472
>this again
pain causes animals to clench their teeth you unbelievable fucktard
>>
>>2210473
Do you think this woman knows that?
>>
>>2210476
she might, we don't know
>>
I feel really bad for the owner of the big dog, you can see he regrets what happened, but he really fucked up by letting that happen.
>>
>>2210484
How hard is to fucking train a dog
>Out walking with dog
>He lunges at another dog
>Tell him NO thats bad
>Ignores other dogs from now on.
>>
>>2210473
thats interesting. I was wondering whether kicking the dog was appropriate or counterproductive in such a situation.

I guess unless you actually kick the dog to death it would be counterproductive then. But if you wanted to kill it there are better methods. (curbstomp its face, stab it, shoot it)
>>
>>2210459
>all these people who just run up to stand around
>>
>>2210473
Those people don't usually neither their pets, do dogs feel pain getting kicked in the balls?
>>
>>2210491
>do dogs feel pain getting kicked in the balls?
why the fuck wouldnt they?
what kind of a question is this?
>>
>>2210488
It's not that simple.
>>
>>2210484
He only feels bad because he might have to put his dog down due to his negligence
>>
>>2210499
>inb4 buggay noosezepchin
>>
>>2210525
That's a pretty legit reason to feel bad, if you ask me.
>>
So if you don't kick the shit out of the dog what's the correct strategy?

My understanding is you need to swing the leash around it's neck and choke the fuck out of it but it looks like it's owner was just tugging on it instead.

A barrage of kicks right to the stomach is exactly what I would do.

You also have no idea in that situation if that shitbull releases its bite and latches onto a human's limb
>>
>>2210525
Obviously, he probably likes his dog.
>>
>>2210529
Kick it in the throat? Sounds brutal but it's all I can think of.
>>
You know, I don't know what I'd do.

Like, I mean I guess I'd try to separate them, but my dog's an Akita. And under the right circumstances, yeah, he's both people and dog aggressive.

So. Yeah, I hope my dog comes out okay and I try separate them and keep my other dog out of the fray. Because if my other dog gets involved, God help the pitbull. He's 75lbs of skin, bones, and rage.
>>
>>2210472
Just choke the fuking dog until it opens his jaw.
>>
I'm a somewhat strong guy, would it be possible to flip a dog like that on its back and put a knee into it's throat or something?

I've flipped a much larger pig when I was a teenager by holding its back legs. (did some hunting when I was younger, yes it was brutal, no I don't want to derail the thread, I know it was wrong).
>>
>>2210546
Pls ignore my namefaggotry, I was op in a different thread.
>>
>>2210459
Pull your knife out and stab it mid torso behind the shoulder...
>>
Get behind it and grab it by its rear legs, raise it up and kick the ever loving shit out of its loin area, and when it lets go, which it will, swing the fuck around in a circle so it can't come back and bite you, and either throw it somewhere, or keep swinging it in a circle and bash it against hard objects...like concrete walls, trees, cars and shit.
>>
>>2210549
>"pssh nothing personnel kid"
>>
>>2210529
there are a couple methods i see recommended a lot:
1. get a long, solid object to create a barrier between the dog's mouth and the victim/distract it. give it a surrogate victim to gnaw on basically
2. choke it out. if it can't breathe it will release its grip, probably best method
pepper spray can sometimes work but is not usually as effective, especially since you need exceptional aim
kicking it will not work though, it will never work unless you kick it to death like the other anon said which is unlikely
>>2210546
if you mean after it's already attacking, it would be dangerous to pull a dog off of its prey after its jaw is already clamped down (you will tear skin and make the wounds worse)
if you mean before it attacks, from what i'm imagining it would be pretty easy for it to nip your arm while you're maneuvering it. i would just stick to one of the above methods if you can
>>
>>2210551
Something tells me you have autism.
>>
>>2210459
>hurr durr pitbulls are good boys
>dey dindu nuffin
>only bad owners, mkay

Pitbulls deserve to die, whether humanely or not. They should be banned and all remaining euthanized if possible, fucking slaughtered if necessary.
So far, there are no pitbulls in my neighborhood, but if a pitbull owner moves into my neighborhood you can be certain I will put poisoned hamburger meat with razors inside in their backyard so their shit dog will eat it and die.

I can't wait for the day pitbulls are gone and we don't have their shit owners trying to justify them and constantly talk about how sweet and innocent they are.
>>
>>2210556
inb4 >edgy

The only thing edgy is unironically defending shitbulls and shilling them.
>>
>>2210556
Nigga it wasn't even a pitbull in the video. Your temper is just like them though, calm that edge.
>>
>>2210559
What was it?
>>
>>2210556
Pitbulls are usually gentle, you fool
>>
>>2210459

You need to lift both dogs up off the ground.

Do not pull the dogs away from each other, just wait it out.
>>
>>2210563
>responsible for 95% of dog attacks
>gentle
kek come on now
>>
>>2210556
I had some pit bull rush me down when I was walking my dog and I've never seen my mastiff act like he did then, he's usually calm as fuck and lazy, but he grabbed that thing by the face with his massive mouth and ripped out his eyeball and flung him about 15 feet, then he just looked to me and wagged his tail and snuggled against my leg

It was traumatic and I didn't know how to act so I ended up praising him extra hard cause I was thankful for my safety
>>
>>2210568
>responsible for 95% of dog attacks
the only ones responsible for dog attacks are shit owners
>>
>>2210575
this just isn't true, plenty of dogs have shitty owners and they're not maiming little children
>>
File: 1473164988726.png (257KB, 540x339px) Image search: [Google]
1473164988726.png
257KB, 540x339px
>>2210459
>walking a small dog near a shitbull
>fuck, WALKING ANYTHING neat a shitbull
Would you walk into a pack of niggers on a dark street?
>>
File: arizona_concealed_carry_permit.jpg (80KB, 506x314px) Image search: [Google]
arizona_concealed_carry_permit.jpg
80KB, 506x314px
Never walk your dog without one.
>>
File: 1473137018658.jpg (21KB, 427x427px) Image search: [Google]
1473137018658.jpg
21KB, 427x427px
>>2210459
Why is the beagle owners nose bleeding? Did she get punched in the face?
>>
>>2210577
all dog attacks are a result of poor training =/= all poorly trained dogs will attack
>>
>>2210581
Some white guy kicked her in the face because she kicked the dog.

Not really. She slammed her face against the concrete.
>>
>>2210582
well you can't regulate shitty down trainers but you can ban pit bulls, the choice is obvious
>>
>>2210582
Some dogs are trained to attack.
>>
>>2210587
yeah, not to attack innocent pups like in the OP vid though, you know what i meant
>>
>>2210490
my thoughts exactly
likely wanted a close up of the action
if anything
>>
That doesn't looks like a pitbull. That dog looks like a fat mutt.
>>
>>2210595
it's a pit bull mix with a lab most likely, literally only pit bulls and shit mixed with shitty pit bull genes will attack
>>
>>2210584
>can't regulate shitty down (sic) trainers
in Germany pitbulls (or any dog classified as "attack dog") must pass a behaviour test and the owner must have a dog-license (like a drivers license but for dog training), the dog must wear a muzzle and be on a leash whenever off the property of the owner.

the property itself has to be secured so the dog cant run off and you have to get dog-insurance and extra tax.

importing pitbulls is plain illegal.
>>
>>2210600
this is a good idea, the plethora of subhuman iq turdskins who own these dogs really isn't helping matters
>>
File: sport-kim-age-7.jpg (42KB, 560x420px) Image search: [Google]
sport-kim-age-7.jpg
42KB, 560x420px
Always laugh when I see these kinds of dogs, they are as much a fashion accessory as those pretty old ladies little lap / purse dogs.

You can almost always guarantee what the owner of these pitbull type dogs look like as they wander down the street.
>>
>>2210563
>pitbulls are usually gentle they said
>>
>>2210630
most kids that get attacked simply dont know how to handle dogs and even behave in a manner that the dogs perceive as threatening.

protip: screamingly running fast towards a dog with your hands flailing wildy to then start aggressively petting/hugging the dog is a fairly stressful experience for most dogs.

Imho people need to learn how to treat dogs and show them more respect (without needlessly panicking tho)

If a horse trots past you, how many people would think to slap its ass for fun?
petting and staring down random dogs is seen as pretty normal otoh
>>
>>2210633
>pit bull internet defense force
fuck off, kids have been attacked by these monsters just walk down the street

it's amazing how my kid can flail about excitedly about my neighbors golden retriever without worrying about the dog ripping his face off, yet I gotta "show respect" to these shit mongrels, no, I'd rather just shoot them on sight
>>
>>2210633
even wolves are less dangerous than pit bulls
>>
File: pitbullsdead2.jpg (286KB, 1411x993px) Image search: [Google]
pitbullsdead2.jpg
286KB, 1411x993px
>>2210632
If people want to have these nigger dogs then that's all good, they just should not have kids around them and should properly control and muzzle them when outside. These things were bred by man to be what they are.

Best pitbulls = dead pitbulls.
>>
File: 1472957107141.jpg (13KB, 318x345px) Image search: [Google]
1472957107141.jpg
13KB, 318x345px
>>2210631
Pitbulls are shit but that's a failed shotgun suicide dude.
>>
>>2210634
>my kid can flail about excitedly about my neighbors golden retriever
10/10 parenting right there. you wouldnt happen to have high skin levels of melanin now, would you?

if you let your kid run wildly like a retard towards random dogs you have no one but yourself to blame should that retard ever get his face bitten off.

very very very few dogs will randomly attack. they are usually stressed out and in a state of excitement / fear.

not saying shitty dog owners arent a problem, but shitty parents like you are just as big of a problem
>>
>>2210638
great job ignoring the first part of the post, and I'm sure you were perfectly mellow as a kid and capable of staring down a rampaging nigger dog
>>
>>2210633
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=69f_1327285704
>>
>>2210640
>great job ignoring the first part of the post
I didnt, I pointed out that random completely unprovoked attacks are extremely uncommon.
usually it's a combination of retard child + retard dog owner.

and Im fairly sure it's independent of dog breed. It's just that all the retard dog owners are attracted to pitbulls like moths to lightbulbs
>>
>>2210644
>95% of dog attacks are by pit bulls or pit bull mixes
>independent of breed

Will you faggots just stop? Not all breeds of dogs are equal, training isn't everything, many of these attacks are ruled "accidental" because the dog showed no signs of potentially chimping out before and it's not always possible for the owner to have perfect control of the dog 24/7, once this nigger dog bolts out the door it immediately is a danger to anything around it
>>
>>2210638
children have every right to flail around like retards

as a dog owner its your job to make sure it's safe if you take it out in public, taking into account how kids are.

It's no different than having a rifle on your back with kids around and not having the safety on.
>>
>>2210459
try not living in a trashy neighborhood
>>
>>2210649
try not being a faggot

Outside of crims and niggers that relish living in these war zones it's not a choice.
>>
>>2210646
>95% of dog attacks are by pit bulls or pit bull mixes
>independent of breed
yes. If 100% of pitbulls are owned by retards (full blown gold chain wearing negro gang monkeys), why would it be surprising these dogs are overrepresented in dog attacks?
they are status symbols for human garbage
>>
>>2210647
>children have every right to flail around like retards
so if a child runs behind a horse's ass like a retard and gets kicked in the face, you would say it's the horse's fault?

these are animals that can potentially kill you. you should approach them with respect and common sense
>>
>>2210654
maybe, but plenty of dogs are owned by shitskin scum and yet only pit bulls seem to attack, their entire breed history is that of violence, it's what they were bred to do, they have an insanely high prey drive, as I said, anything is in danger once the pit bull manages to get out(and it will)
>>
>>2210656
http://blog.dogsbite.org/2008/08/triggers-what-prompts-pit-bull-to.html

sounds like a perfectly calm and normal breed of dog
>>
>>2210520
How is it not that fucking simple? 8f you can't control your animal on a leash then you have no business bringing it around people or other animals. A "heel" command is very simple, it means stop what you are doing and sit your ass down right now.
Proper training and some common sense would have prevented this, or any other altercation. That seems pretty simple.
>>
>>2210666
because it's a pit bull, satan
>>
>>2210647
As a parent, it's your job to make sure your child isn't needlessly provoking unpredictable animals. If you take it for granted that every dog around you is trained and you let your child provoke them, you are truly retarded.
>>
>>2210459
Was that beagle okay???? I'm shocked. That looked pretty violent.
>>
>>2210713
This.
There are too many children who thoughtlessly run up to dogs to pet them, and retarded parents who let them just to get angry if the dog snarls at the kid.
>>
Why does it matter if it's a Pit Bull? Why can't it be a Lab or a Goldie?

>>2210568

Staffies and APBT's were bred to be people friendly. The media however doesn't care to talk about all the Cocker Spaniels that bite people.
>>
>>2210670
Still not an excuse. A pitbull can be trained just like any other dog.
>>
>>2210568
I read that there is a direct correlation between people owning big tough dogs and being nigger thugs. There is also a massive underreporting of small dogs attacking and biting because they don't often do damage. Lastly, thr term "pitbull" is really board, and there are tons of pitbulls out there. In the States, they are probably the most common dog in their size.

I am not necessarily defending pitbulls, but dog bite statistics are funny things and cannot be easily trusted.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-08-08-11-54-42.png (3MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-08-08-11-54-42.png
3MB, 1080x1920px
>>2210763
>read that there is a direct correlation between people owning big tough dogs and being nigger thugs
While this is probably true, I know it's not the case for every owner. A very good friend of mine adopted his maneating death dog because it's time was up, and would have been euthanized that day. He honestly didn't care what breed it was.
>>
>>2210725
>>2210725
>Staffies and APBT's were bred to be people friendly
That's bullshit.
http://thetruthaboutpitbulls.blogspot.com/2012_06_01_archive.html

>The media however doesn't care to talk about all the Cocker Spaniels that bite people.
I'd rather get mauled by a cocker than a "poorly trained" pitbull.
>>
>>2210459
Guy hits pit bull to save smaller dog... woman behind camera "omg, don't hit the dawwwg"

Women are retarded
>>
File: 1459982123262.jpg (442KB, 638x3464px) Image search: [Google]
1459982123262.jpg
442KB, 638x3464px
>>
>>2210544
this
if the dog is waring a collar, grab it by the collar and lift it up off the ground hard until it releases its grip
if it isn't, (which, lets face it it probably isn't, pits with collars typically arent the ones that maul people) you're gonna have to put it in a choke hold. dangerous, but pretty much your only option.
>>
If a dog has a hold on a living thing and it doesn't let go, you're supposed to choke it until it does.
>>
>>2210556
>They should be banned and all remaining euthanized

I'd just assume euthanize people that think banning and euthanizing an entire breed of dog, based on the actions of a minority, is a viable course of action. Clearly those people don't have the capacity to reason, and should not be allowed to further pollute the gene pool.

They're the same kind of niggers that wanted to ban alcohol and drugs, which created a bigger problem than they were trying to solve.
>>
>>2210488
That's not even the problem here. People walk dog reactive dogs all the time. The issue was the dog wasn't under control, in other words, wasn't leashed or the guy wasn't paying attention and let his dog get too close.

I've walked actually game dogs in public, and besides it really hurting my arm, it was no problem. Never got another do killed because I kept them on leash.
>>
>>2210634
>my kid can flail about excitedly about my neighbors golden retriever without worrying about the dog ripping his face off,

Until the day the kid activates the dogs prey drive resulting in a bite.
Until the day the dog is in a shitty mood and decides to correct the kid for invading its persona space with a bite.
Until the day the dog feels like resource guarding something the kid tries to take from him resulting in a bite.

A lot of kids get bit by dogs because they trigger instinctive behavior in dogs, or behave in a manner that the dog feels it needs to "correct" with a bite, and they trigger instinctive behavior in dogs and get "corrected" because their jackass parents don't teach the kids how to respect the dog and calmly interact with them, but instead allow them to "flail about excitedly" with them....like a prey item.
>>
>>2210647
>children have every right to flail around like retards

So that's why we teach them to play on the streets and highways, right?
>>
>>2210644
I think what he is saying is an attack on a dumb kid is more likely with a pit bull than a golden, you know cause they are dindu dogs
>>
>>2210723
>There are too many children who thoughtlessly run up to dogs to pet them

Adults are damn near just as bad, especially females.
>>
>>2210529
Choking it seems like the best option short of killing it right then and there.
>>
>>2210554
This, but just going to add for the choke method, pull up on the collar if the dog has one to choke it. I've seperated dog attacks with that method many times. If you pull in any other direction, the dog can resist and pull against you. With pulling them off the ground, you only have to work against gravity.

Also there's this tool called a break stick you could use, However I wouldn't recommend it with someone who has never used one before. It's best to test it under controlled situations, with a trained dog and a toy, before using it in the field. It requires your hand to get extremely close to the dog's mouth, so if you don't know what you're doing you will likely be bit.

>>2210561
It's narrow chest, rounded and low set ears, and thin muzzle makes me think it has retriever in it. But it doesn't really have pit bull characters. It's funny because it looks like an anons 'pit bull' from here that is obviously a brown lab

>>2210568
To be fair, 'pit bull' covers over 60 breeds and all of their mixed. So 60 breeds/mixes making up 95% of dog bites isn't too far fetched.

>>2210584
If pits were banned, either 1) this attack would have happened anyways or 2) most dogs over 30 lbs including labs and poodles would be banned

>>2210597
what pit bull traits do yo see? Inb4 attacking things, I mean physical characteristics

I love how all this pit bull hate literally started with a lab. Fucking morons.
>>
>>2210551
The mental image of that gave me a good chuckle anon
>>
File: 9446.jpg (51KB, 550x344px) Image search: [Google]
9446.jpg
51KB, 550x344px
>>2210556
>government bans pitbulls
>people who want a badass mean dog but don't want to get in trouble will move into the next worst thing
>attacks by bigger and meaner dogs become more common
>>
>>2210660
Dogsbite is incredibly biased if you couldn't figure that out on your own. The ad revenue goes towards Denver CO govt, which owns the site, which makes money on the breed ban and wants more cities to adopt BSL so they can make even more money on it.

Dogsbite is actually like the Jews in this case, and you fell right into the merchant's hands

>>2210786
>Blogspot
How about look up the breed standard, the standard to which they are bred. Any kennel club will say any trait besides excited and happy with a stranger will be disqualified. Fear, aggression, aloofness, etc are automatic disqualifications.

>>2210835
BSL has shown to not help the issue at all. It's actually very similar to banning guns; the shitty people with guns still have guns, while good law abiding citizens hand theirs in. So it doesn't change a damn thing

>>2210634
I'll just add to the 'please don't do that' brigade. I've seen Labradors kill kids, retrievers maim, Basset hounds bite noses clear off, small breed disfigure a child's face. This all happens because people stop being cautious. Watch your kid and teach it to behave around all dogs.
>>
>>2210871
Yeah man, that's exactly what happened after the UK and Australia banned them. Oh wait.
>>
>>2210872
So what you're telling is that not a single APBT who attacked a person and doesn't have all the desirable traits would be qualified to participate in the show ring? What a shocking revelation.
Also, read the sources in the blog.
>>
>>2210873
>a fucking doglet bull terrier
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/aug/16/man-dies-after-west-yorkshire-dog-attack
>>
>>2210876
Thanks for the logical fallacy, but no. What I'm saying is any APBT or staffy in the ring that showed anything besides joy when seeing a person was an automatic disqualification. Meaning any kind of mean or shy or independent animal was disqualified from any further competition. This is because the breed is supposed to be very people friendly; other dog Breeds allow aloof, suspicious, independent etc characters because that may be the breed's traits.. On that note, if any dog breed attacks a judge, even the stranger aggressive breeds, they are disqualified.
>>
>>2210786
>locking jaw
Someone didn't pass highschool bio
>sources
>blogspot
>blogspot
>myspcae
>>
>>2210459
>what do
Simple, friend, I drive my 5" pocket knife into the base it's skull because I'm not the type to fuck around.
>>
>>2210786
If we are going to start post blogs I'll just put this here

>https://donotenternotanexit.wordpress.com/2015/10/28/pit-bull-awareness-entry-big-bad-pit/
>>
>>2210888
>ITT Tommy Toughnuts who think they are going to have the situation completely under control once a powerful dog looses it's shit and starts attacking you.
Don't kid yourselves, you will cry like a bitch, just like in OPs image. But by all means, continue on about how you will unsheath your katana, teleport behind, nothing personal, blah, blah, blah.
>>
>>2210888
Good luck with that Rambo.
>>
File: download.jpg (4KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
4KB, 225x225px
>>2210891
>t. Projector
I found a picture of you
>>
>>2210892
>rambo carries a 5" pocket knife and not a bowie
Kys, you ignorant cuck.
>>
>>2210636
This picture gave me a rock hard boner. I love seeing dead shitbulls
>>
shoot it

literally what
>>
>>2210884
What people are getting sure aren't show pitbulls, senpai.
>>
>>2210893
I'm not projecting shit. You're the dumbass talking about how you are going to reach in your pocket, unfold a knife, and precisely stick it in a dog that is attacking you.
>>
>>2210917
>precisely

Not that guy but no I'd probably just stab your fucking nigger dog as quickly as possibly.
>>
>>2210917
>attacking you
>inplying OP didnt ask what if my dog was being mauled

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Reading+comprehension+classes

There you go, friend.
>>
>>2210786

I don't listen to BSL propaganda. Staffies are family dogs, that's a fact. They can be more dog aggressive than other breeds but that can be trained away
>>
>>2210949
All I'm saying is that it's easy to talk tough online. You and all the other bad ass posters in here would probably cry like a bitch, just like in OPs pic.
Sitting around talking shit about what you WOULD do is ridiculous
>>
>>2210952
>talking about what you would do is ridiculous in a thread meant to talk about what you would do
Please don't breed and if possible kys.
>>
>>2210891
Keked
>>
File: IMG-20160327-WA0005.jpg (43KB, 600x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20160327-WA0005.jpg
43KB, 600x480px
>>2210952
The irony in this post
>>
>>2210953
Talking shit about how big of a bad ass you are, and what you would do, is ridiculous anon.
The thread is about what you can do, not who is the biggest faggot
>>
>>2210949
He's convinced it's difficult to stab a distracted animal for some reason. Or maybe he thinks it takes a lot of force to put a blade through the soft part where the neck meets the skull.
My point is that he's retarded.
>>2210958
>the dissonance is palpable
>>
>tfw black, urban dog person
>your favorite breed just happens to be the Staffordshire Bull Terrier
>you want to adopt a mix one day
>all these dumbass losers with their inproper choke collars and 'Bully' mutts are ruining the breeds reputation and inadvertently make all Pit Bull owner look crappy

Ugh. I swear we should have regulations on who can own and animal or not. Most pet owners are horrible, especially small animal owners like hamster or fish ones.
>>
>>2210566

The only correct post.

/thread.
>>
>>2210963
he got you m8
>>
>>2210980
>enforce licence for "dangerous" dog breeds or those than can commit a lot of damage
>the licence ensures a passed obedience course and certificate, plus background checks on the owner
>dog walkers will have to carry licence for inspection. Any without will have dogs confiscated until proof and those who don't want one have animals destroyed / rehomed
>all dogs must wear muzzle when outside in public
>breeders are strictly regulated
>licence is for each dog owned

Literally no argument against this idea other than poorfags thinking they deserve a possibly dangerous animal for next to nothing. If you cant afford a licence you cant afford the animal. If you dont want to pay you don't want the dog enough.
>>
>>2210992

Stop singling out breeds. If anything, you should need a license to own a dog period. You need to be able to take it to a vet, train it correctly, etc.
>>
>>2211001
we'll stop signalling out breeds when pit bulls stop accounting for 95% of all dog attacks and when strict regulations and bans of them in areas stop leading to a drastic decline to practically 0 in dog attacks
>>
>>2211012
singling*
>>
>>2211012
>when strict regulations and bans of them in areas stop leading to a drastic decline to practically 0 in dog attacks
This has happened in literally no where that has BSL.
>>
>>2211018
>all dogs are the same!
>one race, the human race!

fuck off lad
>>
>>2211019
>implications
This is the second post in this thread I've made. All I am saying is BSL doesn't fucking work. It is a shitty way to stop dog bites. It doesn't help.
>>
>>2211001
How is it singling out breeds when there are literally breeds out there widely known to be aggressive or dominant by their characteristic traits?

Its a decent idea towards responsible ownership.
>>
>>2211029
The thing about licencing is the people you want to not own a pit/rot/akita will still own one. Enforcing dog licensing is impossible.
>>
>>2210913
That is an issue dealing with shitty breeders that are not properly selecting sires and bitches based on the proper traits, then. Then it becomes a BYB issue, not a breed issue.

>>2210992
Honestly this can just be
>breeders are regulated
and the problem gets 100X better. I've very rarely seen a well bred purebred animal attack anything, and I've also rarely seen a well bred purebred animal in the hands of incompetence.

>>2211012
BSL has had literally no affect on dog attacks anywhere where it was implemented. OP for example is some sort of hound/retriever mix.
>http://images.akc.org/pdf/canine_legislation/why_breed.pdf
>>
>>2211075
>I've very rarely seen a well bred purebred animal attack anything
not all of us are going to buy a $600 dog
>>
>>2211021
it does not help reduce bite number, but it is a fantastic way to help reduce the damage those bites cause.
>>
>>2211081
Then you can go to a shelter I guess.
It's not a coincidence most dog bites happen in low income families.
>>
>>2211075
>a BYB issue, not a breed issue.
those are exactly the same thing the distinction between "well bred" and BYB is totally arbitrary
>>
File: 1372274019752.png (138KB, 274x256px) Image search: [Google]
1372274019752.png
138KB, 274x256px
>>2210740
>A pitbull can be trained just like any other dog.
>a pitbull
>like any other dog
>>
>>2211085
>It's not a coincidence most dog bite reports happen in low income families.
fix'd that for you, now it's not retarded
>>
>>2210980
>just happens to be
uh huh
>>
>>2211085
Is your argument now that poor people shouldn't own dogs?
>>
>>2211087
>doesn't understand breeding
>doesn't understand genetics
Fucking idiot.
You can breed a breed of dog to a standard, which is what people expect when they get that breed of dog. Or you can breed for the sake of having these puppies to sell, not care about who the parents are, and have these unpredictable pups where some of them act and behave one way, and some will act and behave totally differently. APBTs, for example, are prone to dog aggression but they are not prone to stranger aggression. A good breeder would first off, know their breed and their breeding stock and be able to inform potential adopters that this breed is prone to dog aggression and is very people friendly. A bad breeder may have lines of stranger aggressive dogs, but not know it, or falsely advertise that the APBT is a dog-loving breed.
The distinction between bad breeding and good breeding is knowing what you are breeding.
>http://www.parents.com/getting-pregnant/genetics/genetics-and-your-baby/

>>2211096
Correlation =/=causation but poor people are a problem. Usually because they are uneducated.
>>
>>2211105
>Poor people are a problem

You're right, being poor is a problem!
>>
File: 720.jpg (36KB, 680x907px) Image search: [Google]
720.jpg
36KB, 680x907px
>>2211107
>Usually because they are uneducated
You're just proving my point
>>
ITT: people who can't even identify a pitbull

It's like that other thread where everyone was all NIGGERRRRRSSSS even though the guy wasn't even black and may not have even been in the wrong
>>
>>2211105
>APBTs are not prone to stranger aggression
well that's objectively false. that's why your good breeders have to worry about it so much
>>
>>2211093

I know no one who owns a Pit Bull. I didn't get into them until I was 12 or 13 and saw them on Youtube. They're just so cute and friendly.
>>
>>2210489
Yeah I've seen a somewhat similiar situation between a big and smaller dog and kicking just makes them even more angry.
>>
>>2211134
>They're just so cute and friendly.
what?
>I know no one who owns a Pit Bull.
oh, that make sense
>>
You get a stick or metal pole put it in between there teeth and pry them open I owned 4 pits and have 3 rn they don't usually attacked unless provoked or think there threat he'd so don't mess with them but if it's agrasive NEVER RUN he will think your playing and it WILL catch you desu there actually great sweet dogs it's the owners or if they had a hard life
>>
These people are retarded listen to a owner of a pit bull pimp don't listen to these fools
>>
File: greedy-jewish-person-cartoon.jpg (55KB, 426x426px) Image search: [Google]
greedy-jewish-person-cartoon.jpg
55KB, 426x426px
>>2211115
mfw I started that thread and this one
just to watch the ignorance unfold
>>
>>2210473
>>2210489
She was saying "don't kick the dog, tell him to stop!"

Yeah, like politely asking the pitbull to stop mauling the other dog to death will make it stop.
>>
i don't let my dog go near strange dogs
>>
Honestly speaking pitbulls are an evolutionary mistake and dead end, this should be the first example of breed euthenization. There's many other dogs for insecure retards to buy, pitbulls have no place in modern society.
>>
>>2211118
That makes no sense. Think about what you are typing. If the dogs were stranger aggressive it would be due to breeder negligence. Because the breeders care about their breeding stock and resulting puppies, they make sure to breed to the standard.
>>
>>2211284
This. There is literally nothing redeemable about the breed beyond muh image..any other traits can be found in other dogs
>>
>>2211042
Then its on the same level as gun ownership then isnt it, only people very visibly walk dogs around on the daily.

>it makes national news
>approach dog owners for proof of licence
>>
>be 19
>ride bike to my drug dealer's house
>in typical stoner fashion, I had called ahead and planned to meet, but she's not even there yet
>tells me that the front door is open, and to go in
>sit on couch and play my DS
>her angry, male (intact) pit bull emerges from the dark kitchen
>growling, hackles raised, teeth bared
>he is standing in front of the door, can't leave
>call her, she says her dog is fine and just being friendly
>tell her he's not, beg her to come quickly
>if I run he'll lunge, cannot escape ohgodohgodohgod
>dog is inching forward, I try to not make eye contact and talk sweetly towards it
>literally less than a foot away from me when she comes in
>dog immediately becomes friendly to me once she comes through the door
>vehemently denies her pit bull could ever be violent or threatening
>buy my drugs and GTFO
I once also called and told them I was coming over and that I would be there in twenty minutes. They say OK, I get there and they're loudly fucking in their bedroom. I just sit on the couch and watch TV. The girl walks in to the living room completely naked and incredibly surprised to see me there. Gigantic hippie bush.
>>
>>2210484
Pit owners should be put down along with their wretched dogs. Don't feel bad for that guy, he is a malevolent muh badass image retard that bought a dangerous breed he couldn't and didn't even want to bother taking care of properly.
>>
you break it's jaw. It's piss easy to do and you feel alpha as fuck afterwards.
>>
>>2213790
Dog in the video wasn't a pit bull.
>>
>>2210459
>so what can you do if your dog
>is being mauled by a pitbull ?

Walk your dog with a tire knocker (nails optional) or handgun. A bear spray is ok too.
>>
>>2210792
Fuck.

I don't fully trust any dog, even my own (though she's awesome), but at least I could overpower her if she went nuts.

Imagine watching your daughter being mauled to death by your own fucking dog. Fuck.
>>
>>2213793
>It's piss easy

aren't they supposed to be tough and shit?
>>
what if you play dead??? dont they stop trying to kill you or something??
>>
I carry a knife so stab the fuck out of it with great pleasure.
>>
>>2213852

no, attack the shit out of them with the intention of killing them
>>
>>2210459
You fucking kick the shit out of that dog that dog, if he doesn't let go you punch his nose.

Wait, was that for dogs or sharks?
>>
>>2213859
that's instinct. what about strategy? in case you cant fucking win the battle to death you propose
>>
>>2213865
you have to protect your neck
>>
File: 201687686_0c040faef3.jpg (102KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
201687686_0c040faef3.jpg
102KB, 500x333px
>>2213865

You can win a battle to the death versus any dog 50lbs-ish. Strategy is bash the fookers till they stop moving.

Higher than that, you should have a weapon of some sort. No doubt there are people who can barehanded kill 100lb dogs, but generally not a good thing to have to deal with w/o a club or silent hill giant butcher sword. Maybe a sexy dog costume too to lower their guard a little.
>>
>>2213890
fuck that. you ppl dont convince me. I play dead.
>>
>>2210546
>potential horsefag
>>
File: Avoiding animal attacks.png (215KB, 841x787px) Image search: [Google]
Avoiding animal attacks.png
215KB, 841x787px
<-
Take the correct course of action.
Most Pit bull owners are will be familiar with this chart.
>>
>>2216289
stay calm, dont show fear, dont show aggression, back away slowly but steadily.
body language is even mostly understandable between different species.

people who get attacked by dogs are usually retards
Thread posts: 179
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.