[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A week ago I adopted an about 2-month-old stray puppy my boss

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: 1451006615347.jpg (75KB, 581x641px) Image search: [Google]
1451006615347.jpg
75KB, 581x641px
A week ago I adopted an about 2-month-old stray puppy my boss found under his truck. She has mange and I've already taken her to the vet. I am washing her daily and giving her medicine. It seems like it has seen some shit, always trying to be alone and having a sad look in its eyes. When I've tried to bond with it, it seems to like it and has cried if I left her side.

>Basically I wanna know if this can be something permanent or will she chill out soon and what can I do to help her feel better?

She's sleeping in a corner of my room as I type. She did not react to me coming home nor did she want to be touched. She just kinda moved away from my hands.

pic kinda related
>>
>>2209539
How long have you had her?
>>
>>2209539
sounds like separation anxiety. it's normal at that age. plus if she has been abused it's going to take some extra work to get her adjusted but it's something that will become more manageable over time. do you have any pics of her? she sounds adorable
>>
>>2209539

Looks like you're going to have to be patient with her. Start small, like giving her tiny bits of treats when she comes when you call, and praise her for letting you touch her.

You're also going to want to teach her that when you leave, she can't bring you back by crying. Don't give in, no matter how pitiful she gets. She has to learn that when you leave, you'll still be back.

Try giving her something like a puzzle toy (has to work at it to get a treat) when you're gone to keep her occupied.

Also, seconded pics.
>>
File: Kali.jpg (524KB, 1290x1673px) Image search: [Google]
Kali.jpg
524KB, 1290x1673px
>>2209550
Yeah Im not sure about abuse but it sure seems like it

>>2209550
>>2209560
I'm being as patient as possible and hoping she soon shows signs of interest for me ;_;

Pic related is her
>>
File: IMG_20160831_122957.jpg (646KB, 2304x1296px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160831_122957.jpg
646KB, 2304x1296px
>>2210356
I try to get her to interact with ANYTHING but she completely disregards it, just looks at the toy or whatever and turns around and walks away.

Also, I just got home from work( and still not even a nudge from her) and she reeks. Im showering her daily so it's weird that she would be smelly like that.
>>
I wouldn't even say it is always abuse. Could just be that she's been alone for so long, didn't have much contact with people, etc. Make interactions you have with her pleasant ones. She will liven up, OP. One of my doggos was found after a server hurricane we had and we got her in fairly bad condition. It took a month of her being shy, quiet, didn't move much but she livened up. Less than a year and she has since been the happiest of dogs. Every puppy picture we have of her just looks miserable and confused. Your dog will be fine. She likes you and misses you but she is probably just still scared of being alone. She will get used to it and know you will always be back eventually.
>>
>>2210365
Thanks, the only problem is I live alone and Im gone for a pretty long time (9-11 am and 4-9 pm) so hopefully she will be fine soon too.
>>
>>2210361

It'll take a lot of time, but you're doing the right thing anon. Just be gentle and talk to her, pet her, and keep trying. 10/10 pupper, btw.
>>
>>2210361
Don't shower every day-dogs skin is different. Limit it to once a week at the most unless the vet recommended you something.

If the smell is pretty foul, I would just do a quick call to your vet about it, otherwise it could be just getting used to whatever food you are giving it.

Also, start feeding meals from your hand for about a week ir more. This will be a good bonding opportunity as well as teaching bite inhibition. Keep food in the middle of your palm and close your palm completely when she bites or nibbles too hard. Only open it when she stops trying so hard for it. Pet her as she eats, and if she gets weird at all, like growling, just close your palm and give a gentle 'no' and don't let her have it until she's calm again. Try not to punish if she growls, simply show her that she will not get the food for that behavior, and your hand=good things, not taking things from her.

YouTube Kikopup amd Zac George.
>>
File: 1467748494852.jpg (43KB, 500x581px) Image search: [Google]
1467748494852.jpg
43KB, 500x581px
>>2209548
first three words of the OP
>A week ago

also @OP just give it some time. Trust doesnt come over night. Just be consistent and loving and she will surely open up at some point.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.