[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are any of the "facts" and myths surrounding elephants

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: elephant.jpg (104KB, 945x531px) Image search: [Google]
elephant.jpg
104KB, 945x531px
Are any of the "facts" and myths surrounding elephants true?

Are they actually incredibly smart?

Do they feel emotion and mourn their dead/return to the spot where they died?

How hostile are they? I've heard that elephants actually traveled to some wildlife reserve after getting injured by a poacher. A bit of stretch, but you get the idea.

Are any of the elephant myths rooted in reality? Is there any proof?
>>
>>2207499
Yes.
They also have sweet tits.
>>
You know.

Elephants or chimps are so smart that all you had to do, is go to youtube and think of an action.

Like elephant playing piano, or chimp riding a bike, etc.

So you can judge by yourself, how good its elephant piano playing, (not much).
>>
>>2207499
Yes, they are incredibly smart and mourn their dead. They even seem to sort of mourn long dead elephant skeletons that are around.

Elephants aren't horribly hostile, but can be ornery and kill the shit out of you anyway.
>>
>>2207499
Elephants are the secret masters of the world, engaged in a war with the lizardmen.
Don't believe the convenient lies about the jews. It's elephants and lizardmen.
>>
Elephants should have been the dominant species.
>>
>>2207515
Male Elephants in particular are dangerous when they go into heat.
>>
>>2207750
They too can crave alcohol and do dumb shit. It's the curse of smart animals.
>>
>>2207722
>Elephants are the secret masters of the world, engaged in a war with the lizardmen.

trip dubs speak true true
>>
>>2207499
When I was in Nepal there were considerable problems with Elephants in the region of Chitwan where I was staying. There had been cases of male elephants killing farmers and damaging property at night. One Elephant had killed something like 10-15 people over the course of a couple of years. I had heard stories of people having the walls of their small huts (made of mud and stick) broken down and being dragged out by an elephant and crushed against a tree. Lots of accounts of children and farmers being trampled and what not.

Part of the problem was that the town of Chitwan was surrounded by numerous small farming communities that had only sprung up after they had fled or been forced out of their old properties by Marxist guerillas and so were encroaching onto Elephant territory. The other issue was that there was a Elephant sanctuary nearby where they kept only female elephants and so with the combination of territory and ladies they got extra aggressive. There was one Elephant who would break into the nursey at night, bang all the ladies and then run off before anyone could catch him. The Park rangers dubbed him Ronaldo due to his sly yet skillful tactics.
>>
Most intelligent animals happen to be some form of predator so why are elephants smart but are completely herbivorous? Were some of their ancestors meat eaters or does anyone still not know?
>>
Imagine African native tribals.
Now imagine they can't learn English, won't abandon their culture, and weigh a couple tons.
>>
>>2210044
They're only smart because of their social organization selecting for it.
Predators have to be smart to outsmart other animals and potentially social organization as well.
>>
>>2210044
>Most intelligent animals happen to be some form of predator

There's a lot of smart predators, however, there's plenty of prey species that are smart as shit. Parrots, as an example, are smart as fuck, while raptors tend to be dumb as a box of hammers. Then there's the reptiles, that all seem to be at the retard level of animal intelligence. In the ocean, whales tend to be smart, regardless of type, while sharks, like reptiles, seem to be pants-on-head retarded by comparison.

Elephants are smart as fuck, though, and pretty much everything the OP lists has been demonstrated by elephants at some time.
>>
>>2209759
Ronaldo is based elephant
>>
>>2210221
Yeah man, Ronaldo was a sleek son of a gun.
>>
File: images.jpg (8KB, 194x259px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8KB, 194x259px
>>2210093
>>
You know I really hope they aren't.

Imagine being a sensitive animal trapped in that lumbering body, constantly pestered by the huge surface areas huge amount of nerve endings exposed to the wilderness.

That would be worse than being a human
>>
>>2209759
>There was one Elephant who would break into the nursey at night, bang all the ladies and then run off before anyone could catch him. The Park rangers dubbed him Ronaldo due to his sly yet skillful tactics.
kek I just imagined an elephant with a moustache, spanish accent and slicked back hair tip toeing into female elephants.
>>
>>2207499
>Are they actually incredibly smart?
One of the smartest animals we know of though they have not passed the mirror test so they lesser to us or apes or even corvids.
>Do they feel emotion and mourn their dead/return to the spot where they died?
Yeah Elephants like most intelligent animals have a very complex social structure, they understand when someone in their herd dies and mourns their passing, some will stand at the grave for days without food.
Some elephants have been observed mourning stranger elephants if they come across their bones,
>How hostile are they? I've heard that elephants actually traveled to some wildlife reserve after getting injured by a poacher. A bit of stretch, but you get the idea.
I think it varies between animal, most seem to be chill unless you fuck with it, some can aggressive for no reason they just don't like people and most aggressive elephants are horny males.
I don't know about elephants taking revenge on people but I would not dismiss it.
>>
>>2211417
Yeah man it was a good time. I suggest to everyone in this thread to visit Chitwan national park one day.
>>
>>2211419
At least some elephants have passed it. It seems to me that "not passing" is the result that's called to question.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.