[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I managed to accidentally drop my frying pan today while cooking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_20160903_041435.jpg (618KB, 2320x1392px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160903_041435.jpg
618KB, 2320x1392px
I managed to accidentally drop my frying pan today while cooking oil, it fell on my foot and my cat.

The cat has 1st degree burns and no hairloss. It is in a lot of pain however and it's left eye is partially swollen. In an hour the vet will be open and I will take him for an examination. Since the burning he has eaten, drunk, played with his ball and went outside and got back. I wasn't able to wash out the oil immediately or help him, since he bolted out of the window so he endured more pain than he had to.
After I found him I gave him a bath with cold water (using a rag) and I rubbed some ointment on him, and wrapped him in a towel so he wouldn't lick it off.

Aside from taking him to the vet, how should I take care of him? Anything that I have to apply to him, will be difficult since he is in pain. His left front leg and shoulder took most of the heat, including a small part of his upper back.

pic related, his eye is swollen.
>>
There isn't much else you can do at home, just take Mr kitty to the vet ASAP
>>
>>2206714
that will be an hour, that's the earliest it opens up.
>>
>>2206717
I wish you and your cat good luck and hope you both feel better soon
>>
Poor kitty. Best of luck for a full recovery, if not a healthy cat, anon.
>>
You've done all you really can, and it doesn't sound like it's too bad if he's been eating and drinking. Keep him indoors as burns can be vulnerable to infection, and let us know how he's doing.
>>
>>2206705
Just snap its neck.
You shouldn't keep pests as pets anyways.
>>
>>2206862
/thread
>>
>>2206862
This, op.
All domestic cats deserve is pain and death
>>
>>2206705
Throw it away
>>
Take him to the vet ASAP, now just stay by his side and make sure he eats.
>>
How is the cat now?
>>
>>2208764
Yes, OP. Is it dead yet?
>>
Poor thing man :(
>>
>>2206705
I hope he's okay OP, best of luck.

I worry about this happening to my cat. Ever since I moved into my new place the kitchen is so outrageously small. I can't even open the oven and refrigerator at the same time or the doors bang. Anyway every time I go in there now my cat goes in too, expecting food. I've almost tripped on him a lot of times and I boil water a lot for noodles. I'm afraid something might happen.

Keep us informed, I hope he recovers. He's cute.
>>
>>2206705
Is he okay now?
>>
Yea let us know OP
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.